Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 8, 2009
8:11:28 PM
Blackberry Bold for .99Cents from "let's talk"

So, I went through the motions as if I were going to purchase the device.   It states the phone is .99cents total. I set it up for the 1400 family talk plan and did not add any data or features. I selected one device. And it was a contract upgrade.. I could not find the fine print about the order. Let's talk does not appear to have any requirements of their own. But that is too good to be true. anyone know where to find the fine print?  I wonder if I can get best buy to price match? Probably not I assume 

So, I went through the motions as if I were going to purchase the device.   It states the phone is .99cents total. I set it up for the 1400 family talk plan and did not add any data or features. I selected one device. And it was a contract upgrade.. I could not find the fine print about the order. Let's talk does not appear to have any requirements of their own. But that is too good to be true. anyone know where to find the fine print?  I wonder if I can get best buy to price match? Probably not I assume 

Blackberry Bold for .99Cents from "let's talk"

17 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(17)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2009 11:40:05 AM
(0)
Scholar

Are you opening a new account, or doing a contract extention upgrade? It looks like the phone is free for new accounts, and for the upgrade it's $99.00 if you don't add data, with a data plan you get a $99 rebate making it free.

http://www.letstalk.com/about/terms-and-conditions.htm

I don't see anything about the fee that they supposedly charge if data is dropped or the plan is changed within the first 6 months, but i've read numerous places that it exists. Have you tried calling them to ask?

Are you opening a new account, or doing a contract extention upgrade? It looks like the phone is free for new accounts, and for the upgrade it's $99.00 if you don't add data, with a data plan you get a $99 rebate making it free.

http://www.letstalk.com/about/terms-and-conditions.htm

I don't see anything about the fee that they supposedly charge if data is dropped or the plan is changed within the first 6 months, but i've read numerous places that it exists. Have you tried calling them to ask?

Re: Blackberry Bold for .99Cents from "let's talk"

2 of 18 (2,659 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2009 1:23:20 PM
(0)
Master
it said .99cents.. for me. and it was with just a family talk plan and upgrading my contract.
it said .99cents.. for me. and it was with just a family talk plan and upgrading my contract.

3 of 18 (2,651 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2009 11:21:44 AM
(0)
Master

Smurfette27 wrote:

That is a great price for one of the best BB devices on AT&T's lineup right now.

Smurfette27 wrote:

That is a great price for one of the best BB devices on AT&T's lineup right now.

4 of 18 (2,607 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2009 10:16:39 PM
(0)
Master
It's super tempting. And I wanna jump on the offer. If it's still available. But, I have such bad luck with purchasing things online. My luck there will be an  issue with the device and a headache with letstalk.com  Plus, there's been more rumors of the Blackberry onyx on its way. So I am between getting the bold. or getting the onyx. or staying with windows and getting the tilt 2.. 
It's super tempting. And I wanna jump on the offer. If it's still available. But, I have such bad luck with purchasing things online. My luck there will be an  issue with the device and a headache with letstalk.com  Plus, there's been more rumors of the Blackberry onyx on its way. So I am between getting the bold. or getting the onyx. or staying with windows and getting the tilt 2.. 

5 of 18 (2,576 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2009 6:49:01 AM
(0)
Master
Smurfette, it sounds like you do have a tough decision to make. While the BB Onyx will be a nice improvement over the Bold, you won't find the Letstalk.com deal on it any time soon..... The Tilt2 sounds interesting. I liked the first Tilt a lot, despite the large size of it....... Good luck. Smiley Happy
Smurfette, it sounds like you do have a tough decision to make. While the BB Onyx will be a nice improvement over the Bold, you won't find the Letstalk.com deal on it any time soon..... The Tilt2 sounds interesting. I liked the first Tilt a lot, despite the large size of it....... Good luck. Smiley Happy

6 of 18 (2,546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2009 10:26:55 PM
(0)
Master
I guess that's just how it is. Once you get a new phone, they make a better model. with the features you wanted in the one you have. I think I do want a touch screen.
I guess that's just how it is. Once you get a new phone, they make a better model. with the features you wanted in the one you have. I think I do want a touch screen.

7 of 18 (2,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2009 6:06:29 AM
(0)
Master

Smurfette27 wrote:
I guess that's just how it is. Once you get a new phone, they make a better model.

It sure is, which is why I end up getting a new phone every 5 months or so!   

Smurfette27 wrote:
I guess that's just how it is. Once you get a new phone, they make a better model.

8 of 18 (2,468 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2009 8:25:09 AM
(0)
Tutor

I just bought mine last night for $0.99.

I made 4 phone calls to LetsTalk asking any questions and was treated very well & had my questions all answered satisfactorily.

I called ATT to be sure I was eligible for upgrade - All was well.

And a free 4gb microSD card was thrown in. (seemingly to offset the $18 activation per line that will be charged on my next bill according to one rep)

All in all, it seems like a great deal so far & I'll try to remember to post an update here after I receive the phone.

I made 4 phone calls to LetsTalk asking any questions and was treated very well & had my questions all answered satisfactorily.

And a free 4gb microSD card was thrown in. (seemingly to offset the $18 activation per line that will be charged on my next bill according to one rep)

All in all, it seems like a great deal so far & I'll try to remember to post an update here after I receive the phone.

9 of 18 (2,455 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2009 1:04:25 PM
(0)
Teacher
I was going to go through lets talk because I wanted the HTC Fuze, but people I talked to advised me against them and said a lot of their phones are refurbs.  Good Luck.
I was going to go through lets talk because I wanted the HTC Fuze, but people I talked to advised me against them and said a lot of their phones are refurbs.  Good Luck.

10 of 18 (2,431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2009 4:59:09 PM
(0)
Master

Wired4Speed wrote:

This is absolutely false. I know a lot of people that have purchased new phones from letstalk.com, and they were brand new, as advertised. I think you were talking to the wrong people. Smiley Wink

Wired4Speed wrote:

This is absolutely false. I know a lot of people that have purchased new phones from letstalk.com, and they were brand new, as advertised. I think you were talking to the wrong people. Smiley Wink

11 of 18 (1,786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2009 9:37:39 PM
(0)
Master
 O my goodnesss! every five months? I thought you were in love with your bold?  Are you thinking onyx?

Irish Rose wrote:

Smurfette27 wrote:

O my goodnesss! every five months? I thought you were in love with your bold?  Are you thinking onyx?

Irish Rose wrote:

Smurfette27 wrote:

12 of 18 (1,772 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2009 9:40:02 PM
(0)
Master
 Please post a review on how you enjoy your new bold. and let us know how the service through letstalk.com works for you. I hope it is a positive experience. Was it ironic that you purchased a bold last night on letstalk.com or did you see the posting about the great deal?  I think I checked out the site because I saw someone on here mention the deal

ceengular1 wrote:

Please post a review on how you enjoy your new bold. and let us know how the service through letstalk.com works for you. I hope it is a positive experience. Was it ironic that you purchased a bold last night on letstalk.com or did you see the posting about the great deal?  I think I checked out the site because I saw someone on here mention the deal

ceengular1 wrote:

13 of 18 (1,771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2009 5:58:02 AM
(0)
Master

Smurfette27 wrote:

I do love my BB Bold..... However, I love new gadgets even more!  

I do plan on getting the Onyx when it comes out. Smiley Happy

Smurfette27 wrote:

I do love my BB Bold..... However, I love new gadgets even more!  

I do plan on getting the Onyx when it comes out. Smiley Happy

14 of 18 (1,750 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2009 11:39:04 AM
(0)
Master
I'm interested to see how the touch screen does on the Onyx. I hope it is sturdy and reliable
I'm interested to see how the touch screen does on the Onyx. I hope it is sturdy and reliable

15 of 18 (1,707 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2009 12:25:56 PM
(0)
Master

Smurfette27 wrote:

The BB Onyx isn't going to have a touch screen, however, the BB Magnum will.

Smurfette27 wrote:

The BB Onyx isn't going to have a touch screen, however, the BB Magnum will.

16 of 18 (1,701 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2009 1:12:16 PM
(0)
Tutor

Smurfette27 wrote:

ceengular1 wrote:

I had been wanting to upgrade, so I had been in the process of researching deals on phones for the past couple of months.  I was hoping to get some opinions of the service before I made my decision to order.

I only found positive experiences with LetsTalk &  couldn't find anyone with problems.

Like I said, I called 3 different reps & they all treated me well and helped me with all of my questions.

They were very up-front with their responses & I didn't feel like I was just a number.

They rep who finalized my sale even gave me his extension number so I could speak directly with him again.

I immediately tried it & it was really his number.  Go figure!

Anyway thanks for everyone's input.  My phone just shipped while I've been typing this!!!  Woo Hoo.  should arrive by next Tues/Wed.

-Dave

Smurfette27 wrote:

ceengular1 wrote:

I had been wanting to upgrade, so I had been in the process of researching deals on phones for the past couple of months.  I was hoping to get some opinions of the service before I made my decision to order.

I only found positive experiences with LetsTalk &  couldn't find anyone with problems.

Like I said, I called 3 different reps & they all treated me well and helped me with all of my questions.

They were very up-front with their responses & I didn't feel like I was just a number.

They rep who finalized my sale even gave me his extension number so I could speak directly with him again.

Anyway thanks for everyone's input.  My phone just shipped while I've been typing this!!!  Woo Hoo.  should arrive by next Tues/Wed.

-Dave

17 of 18 (1,695 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2009 2:43:20 PM
(0)
Master

ceengular1 wrote:

-Dave

Good luck with your new BB Bold, Dave. I have a feeling you will like it as much as I like mine. Smiley Happy

ceengular1 wrote:

-Dave

Good luck with your new BB Bold, Dave. I have a feeling you will like it as much as I like mine. Smiley Happy

18 of 18 (1,684 Views)