Blackberry Bold for .99Cents from "let's talk"

Master

Blackberry Bold for .99Cents from "let's talk"

So, I went through the motions as if I were going to purchase the device.   It states the phone is .99cents total. I set it up for the 1400 family talk plan and did not add any data or features. I selected one device. And it was a contract upgrade.. I could not find the fine print about the order. Let's talk does not appear to have any requirements of their own. But that is too good to be true. anyone know where to find the fine print?  I wonder if I can get best buy to price match? Probably not I assume 

Message 1 of 18
Scholar

Re: Blackberry Bold for .99Cents from "let's talk"

Are you opening a new account, or doing a contract extention upgrade? It looks like the phone is free for new accounts, and for the upgrade it's $99.00 if you don't add data, with a data plan you get a $99 rebate making it free.

http://www.letstalk.com/about/terms-and-conditions.htm

I don't see anything about the fee that they supposedly charge if data is dropped or the plan is changed within the first 6 months, but i've read numerous places that it exists. Have you tried calling them to ask?

Message 2 of 18
Master

it said .99cents.. for me. and it was with just a family talk plan and upgrading my contract.
Message 3 of 18
Master

Smurfette27 wrote:
it said .99cents.. for me. and it was with just a family talk plan and upgrading my contract.

That is a great price for one of the best BB devices on AT&T's lineup right now.
Message 4 of 18
Master

It's super tempting. And I wanna jump on the offer. If it's still available. But, I have such bad luck with purchasing things online. My luck there will be an  issue with the device and a headache with letstalk.com  Plus, there's been more rumors of the Blackberry onyx on its way. So I am between getting the bold. or getting the onyx. or staying with windows and getting the tilt 2.. 
Message 5 of 18
Master

Smurfette, it sounds like you do have a tough decision to make. While the BB Onyx will be a nice improvement over the Bold, you won't find the Letstalk.com deal on it any time soon..... The Tilt2 sounds interesting. I liked the first Tilt a lot, despite the large size of it....... Good luck. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 18
Master

I guess that's just how it is. Once you get a new phone, they make a better model. with the features you wanted in the one you have. I think I do want a touch screen.
Message 7 of 18
Master

Smurfette27 wrote:
I guess that's just how it is. Once you get a new phone, they make a better model.

It sure is, which is why I end up getting a new phone every 5 months or so!   

Message 8 of 18
Highlighted

I just bought mine last night for $0.99.

I made 4 phone calls to LetsTalk asking any questions and was treated very well & had my questions all answered satisfactorily.

I called ATT to be sure I was eligible for upgrade - All was well.

And a free 4gb microSD card was thrown in. (seemingly to offset the $18 activation per line that will be charged on my next bill according to one rep)

All in all, it seems like a great deal so far & I'll try to remember to post an update here after I receive the phone.

Message 9 of 18
Teacher

I was going to go through lets talk because I wanted the HTC Fuze, but people I talked to advised me against them and said a lot of their phones are refurbs.  Good Luck.
Message 10 of 18
Master

Wired4Speed wrote:
I was going to go through lets talk because I wanted the HTC Fuze, but people I talked to advised me against them and said a lot of their phones are refurbs.  Good Luck.

This is absolutely false. I know a lot of people that have purchased new phones from letstalk.com, and they were brand new, as advertised. I think you were talking to the wrong people. Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 18
Master

O my goodnesss! every five months? I thought you were in love with your bold?  Are you thinking onyx?

Irish Rose wrote:

Smurfette27 wrote:
I guess that's just how it is. Once you get a new phone, they make a better model.

It sure is, which is why I end up getting a new phone every 5 months or so!   

Message 12 of 18
Master

Please post a review on how you enjoy your new bold. and let us know how the service through letstalk.com works for you. I hope it is a positive experience. Was it ironic that you purchased a bold last night on letstalk.com or did you see the posting about the great deal?  I think I checked out the site because I saw someone on here mention the deal

ceengular1 wrote:

I just bought mine last night for $0.99.

I made 4 phone calls to LetsTalk asking any questions and was treated very well & had my questions all answered satisfactorily.

I called ATT to be sure I was eligible for upgrade - All was well.

And a free 4gb microSD card was thrown in. (seemingly to offset the $18 activation per line that will be charged on my next bill according to one rep)

All in all, it seems like a great deal so far & I'll try to remember to post an update here after I receive the phone.

Message 13 of 18
Master

Smurfette27 wrote:

O my goodnesss! every five months? I thought you were in love with your bold?  Are you thinking onyx?

I do love my BB Bold..... However, I love new gadgets even more!  

I do plan on getting the Onyx when it comes out. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
Master

I'm interested to see how the touch screen does on the Onyx. I hope it is sturdy and reliable
Message 15 of 18
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support