Blackberry Bold 9900 Official Release Date

Contributor

Blackberry Bold 9900 Official Release Date

Hi,

When will the Blackberry Bold 9900 be released on AT&T? Its already out on Verizon, and Sprint and T-mobile have announced release dates too. 

This looks like an awesome phone but if AT&T is not releasing it soon I might go to Verizon. 

Engadget review: http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/16/blackberry-bold-9930-review/

Message 1 of 99
Scholar

Re: Don't Brush Us Off! - Blackberry Bold 9900 Official Release Date

wow dude really, AT&T Doesnt have a release date for the BB 9900 and insulting you? come on really??
______

“I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.”
Message 31 of 99
Teacher

Since you are happy with your Motorola Atrix, why do you care whether or not AT&T is insulting me?  Shouldn't you be posting in the Motorola forum?

Wonder if you are an AT&T employee since ATTWS employees are required to use Android phones....

For the record, yes, ATTWS is insulting our loyalty when they keep customers in the dark.  Its ok to say, listen we have supply issues or technical concerns, but rule #1 in business don't treat your customers with silence.

Then again...wonder if you work for AT&T....

Message 32 of 99
Former Moderator

Hello everyone, let's remember to stay on topic and keep it nice. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 33 of 99
Teacher

Hi Pamela,

Sorry for my tone of voice. Apologies if I offended anyone. Please understand we are frustrated by the deafening silence from AT&T on this topic. 

We understand carriers have to get products tested, etc.  We can accept product delays, etc. What would make this situation a whole lot better is to tell your loyal customers when the Blackberry Bold 9900 device will be available for sale.

That's all we are asking for--a release date. Sprint & Verizon already have this phone for sale as of today Sept 1, 2011.

Thank you for listening to our concerns.

Respectfully,

Jaime

Message 34 of 99
Scholar

They do not know when it will be avalible for sale.
______

“I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.”
Message 35 of 99
Scholar

Cause what if they gave your a date, even when they were unsure. And lets say it didnt come out on that date you would be mad(Since I cant say the other word on here) correct?
They are unsure, they do not want to give false hope.
______

Message 36 of 99
Contributor

Stephono, why even worry about what us fellow "Blackberry" die-hards post in this part of the forum? If you're happy with your particular device and AT&T's service, then as the Bobby McFerrin song states: "Don't worry...be happy!" Smiley Wink

Message 37 of 99
Tutor

stephono get lost this chat board  is for blackberry users you don't see us going in Motorola's chat board commenting about Motorola's phones. O yeah that's right Motorola doesn't have one LOL. Back to bigger fish. I went to a t-mobile store today and their Bold 9900 are sold out and even on their website. Every major carrier  has released their Bold except for at&t They rather put out that garbage Torch again which is doing poor again in sales LOL. The Torch is Failed product, I don't know anyone that has a torch that  is satisfied with it. Sprint even released 2 blackberries I'm going to say it again 2 Brand New!!!!!!!!! Brand NEW  Blackberries and AT&T is re releasing a blackberry  Torch that did horrible before bottom line AT&T has not put out any New Blackberry Month to date while other carriers has. At&T the Torch is Not a NEW BLACKBERRY  We saw it Before and did not like it, we clearly displayed that in  torch sales 

Message 38 of 99
Voyager

I have been a loyal AT&T customer since purchasing my first Motorola StarTac in 1996.

I have never considered switching carriers.  Until now.

It is unacceptable that AT&T refuses to release, or even provide release information, for a phone that is available from every other carrier in North America.

The fact that they won't even respond to our requests for information shows how little customer care actually means to them.

It is also frustrating that they chose an exclusivity window with the Torch.  An exclusive item only benefits the company when said item is superior, not inferior, to products that competitors are offering.  This shows that their upcoming device strategy is severely flawed.

I will be visiting my local Verizon retailer this Labor Day weekend.  And I will be taking my three AT&T wireless numbers with me.

Message 39 of 99
Teacher

That's it. I've had it with AT&T. 

I've complained here on this board, via Twitter to @ATT @ATTNews @ATTCustomerCare @ATTBusinessCare.  I'm through being ignored regarding the launch date of the Blackberry Bold 9900.

TODAY I'm moving all of my business lines to VerizonWireless and getting the Blackberry Bold 9930. AT&T you have ignored one more business customer that spends over $8,000 in services per year with you. Your loss.

Thank you AT&T for ignoring all of us loyal Blackberry users who don't care for your subpar 9810 Torch. We don't want the Torch, we wanted the Blackberry 9900.

P.s. I will refer all of our clients to Verizon and Sprint going forward.

Message 40 of 99
Contributor

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Official Release Date

I manage 10 lines (through two accts).  3 lines are blackberry and want to change out a 4th just waiting on the 9900.

I can't believe this.  THERE IS NO INFORMATION.  I have contacted my rep and the reps boss.  No one knows anything.  The whole world has this phone and there is no information.  At the very least there should be an actual announced time table for this phone!!!  As of 9/2/11 they have to know what the plan is and should announce a date!!

I have contacted Sprint and Verizon to quote my lines.  I am preparing for a move.  I just need to get a drop dead date in mind, sooner than latter.  I would have never shopped for a change before but feel I must as AT&T is not even trying.  They have to know all of us blackberry users are dying for the 9900.  I DON'T NOT LIKE OR WANT THE 9810.

Message 41 of 99
Tutor

I share the same frustration as everyone else here, although with my paltry account I'm sure AT&T doesn't give a hoot what I say or do. I went to the AT&T Store today in the Chicago area and even looked at the 9810, thinking maybe with the bigger screen and $49 upgrade charge (as opposed to the expected $200-250 for the vaporware 9900) I could convince myself to buy it. After all, as the sales guy said, it's got everything the 9900 has, maybe even more, even an autofocus still camera.

But--I've had the 9000, now the 9700, and have tried out the 9930 at the Verizon Store, and there is no way I can deal with the inferior keyboard on the 9810 and the slider, even with the tradeoff of the larger screen. Furthermore, you don't get simutaneous voice and data with Verizon 3G (the BB is 3G with them), and that is potentially a disadvantage.

While I well understand how AT&T can get away with what they're doing--the advantages of GSM over CDMA, the fact that many people simply can't get out of their contracts cheaply, and the inconvenience and cost of switching carriers--I simply can't understand what advantage this delay confers on AT&T from a business standpoint. People who use BB seriously want the 9900 over the 9810, otherwise they would have all gone out and bought the 9800 Torch earlier. But they didn't do that, even when AT&T failed to offer the 9780. Maybe AT&T thinks that if they wait until the iPhone 5 comes out, they'll get a lot of customers to switch to Apple. Again, most BB users don't want the iPhone, and they've already had two opportunities to buy one as an upgrade if they did want it.

Perhaps there is some good business or even technical reason for what AT&T is doing. Who knows? It could even be a dispute with RIM over wholesale pricing. I doubt we'll ever learn what it is. Meanwhile, about all AT&T seems to be accomplishing is to get their BB customer base angry with them, especially by being so uncommunicative and causing so much uncertainty. They could learn something from Apple, whose customers, including myself for all their other products besides the iPhone, love the company. 

Message 42 of 99
Contributor

I am a Bold 9000 user. Tried the 9810 and it's not for me. It's back in the box and will be going back to Best Buy. Sure it's a nice phone and all but I couldn't adjust to it. Looking forward to the 9900 release...when ever that happens...come on AT&T, any day now would be a good one.

Message 43 of 99
Contributor

Hopefully AT&T will noticethat its GSM counterpartcarrier in the USA, T-Mobile, sold out of every single 9900 within two days of its launch: http://www.blackberryos.com/blackberry-news-rumors/24950-t-mobile-sells-out-bold-9900-a.html I've been with AT&T for years and I know they love taking my money, so this should raise some eyebrows in corporate. ... As far as the delay reasoning, AT&T delayed the release of BlackBerry Bridge in App World because they had yet to find a way to track internet tethering usage and charge a monthly fee in addition to any other data charges. Fortunately any Blackberry user isn't dumb enough to download the AT&T version of the application. Rumor has it that NFC (Near Field Communication, google it if you don't know) is the feature that AT&T is working tirelessly to block so that they can CHARGE for its usage in the future!!! http://www.technobuffalo.com/companies/blackberry/exclusive-att-shooting-down-blackberry-bold-9900s-... But again, any smart Blackberry user will just load another Carrier's OS, delete the vendor file, and presto, have access to NFC. My only concern here is that people posting here are ACTUALLY genuinely surprised that AT&T is behind the curve. Silly fellow customers, Big Orange has no need to service the needs of its clients. We keep paying them
Message 44 of 99
Highlighted
Teacher

I share your sentiments and am also looking for alternatives to AT&T. It appears that AT&T will not have the BlackBerry Bold 9900 until November 20th. Please click on the following weblink: http://crackberry.com/leaked-wireless-giant-road-map-shows-release-dates-bb-7-devices-cyclone-calyps...

Message 45 of 99
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support