Blackberry Bold 9900 Official Release Date

Contributor

Blackberry Bold 9900 Official Release Date

Hi,

When will the Blackberry Bold 9900 be released on AT&T? Its already out on Verizon, and Sprint and T-mobile have announced release dates too. 

This looks like an awesome phone but if AT&T is not releasing it soon I might go to Verizon. 

Engadget review: http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/16/blackberry-bold-9930-review/

Message 1 of 99
Contributor

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Official Release Date

I called my local store and I was told  either August or September. Hope so and not November. I agree with what someone said about the Torch. It sucks! I had a Bold and LOVED it, but like a fool got the Torch and have regretted it ever since. Just waiting for the the 9900!

Message 16 of 99
Contributor

Wish I could leave, but am in the middle of a contract .

Message 17 of 99
Contributor

Ive stuck with At&T despite their network issues only because they generally get good phones early. But this time everyone has it except for att. I really hope the date is somewhere in August or early september, else I will also switch to verizon. 

Message 18 of 99
Tutor

AT&T Took down my post regarding me ragging on the Trash a.ss Torch that their re releasing instead of the 9900 lol. I feel that it is important that I voice my opinion plus I have the right to do so. I am a paying customer, so AT&T thinks their just going to take my money on a month to month bases and give me Shiittey service and Shiittey phones and expect not to hear my voice lol wrong. Who ever is the decision maker at AT&T should get fired. First of all their stupid Strategy is begin the fact that all carriers is set to have the bold and their the only carrier to have the torch why not re release the phone again but give it the same specs as the bold and charge $49 with expectation on reducing the sales of other carriers that's charging 240 for their bold with the same specs LOL. That would be a good strategy if the torch wasn't a Shiittey phone and the phone never got horrible reviews to the point of no return. LOL its all about sales with this company not servicing their loyal customers if so the sales will be an automatic base on referrals from satisfied loyal customers Good. Follow me on All artist  follow me on Twitter @Nextleveltracks 

Message 19 of 99
Contributor

What is AT&T thinking? Delaying the Bold 9900 release until November? Meanwhile the Torch 2 is languishing! Verizon, Sprint and Mobile One are all smiles!
Message 20 of 99
Contributor

I've been w/ AT&T now for about 4 1/2 years, dating back to just before Cingular was acquired. I've watched as my area transitioned to 3G from EDGE and have been quite happy w/ the service I've had over the years. I've gone from the Pearl to both versions of the Bold and now the Torch and I have to say that despite all this, to find out AT&T is holding back on RIM just to get more iPhone sales really makes you want to move somewhere else. If they're just going to cater to Apple that much, those of us who don't want iPhones may need to look elsewhere.

You'd think w/ the media blitz AT&T put on regarding the Torch 9800 they'd weaned themselves off the Apple drug. Seeing as it wasn't exclusive anymore and that Apple had to eat crow speaking poorly of AT&T's service when the antenna band was the real issue to "AntennaGate". You'd think that AT&T would be more inclined to not bend over backwards for Apple so much as to stifle RIM in the process considering said media blitz of the Torch 9800 during NFL games this past year by AT&T were frequent all the while watching Apple ads w/ the Big Red V across the top of the screen right behind them. Makes you just feel the love right?

So just why is AT&T the last one to the gate on the Blackberry Bold 9900? Why the holdout?

Message 21 of 99
Contributor

I just bought the unlocked 9900 UK version on Expansys.  No, it wasn't cheap.  But this phone rocks, so I have no problem using EDGE for a couple months until AT&T rolles out its HSPA+ network.

Message 22 of 99
Contributor

Like the others who have posted recent comments, I've been holding up any changes to my mobile as well as my carrier for over a half year, waiting for AT&T to offer the Bold 9990.  In recent weeks, the AT&T stores have said they have no information whatsoever, and yesterday the silly online "chat" person said they know nothing about a Bold 9990.  So yes, like so many others, I'm going to a Verizon store tomorrow and check out their offerings.  It's amazing to me how a company like AT&T could be so tone deaf -- and I'm a longtime and very loyal customer, but that loyalty is about to end.

Message 23 of 99
Contributor

Not to beat the dead horse here...but...

I find it incredible that AT&T hasn't even really hinted at when the device would be released. A hint might keep customers from switching carriers or purchasing a the device from another provider, and unlocking it.

What is more upsetting is that every other major carrier has the phone for sale (T-Mobile taking orders/maybe selling). Lets do this already AT&T. Give us some release information.

Message 24 of 99
Contributor

I agree. As much as it ticks me off that they might not release till November, at least they could set a date so we know what to expect! Why all the secrecy? And I don't think the release of the iphone should affect the release of a Blackberry. Let's face it, those to phones cater to two very different types of people. They aren't competing! My bold 9700 just died (white screen of death) and I don't like any phone currently on the market right now. I need to replace soon but I have my heart set on the 9900. Is that too much to ask AT&T?!

Message 25 of 99
Contributor

I have been so frustrated with AT&T. For the last six months I can't go one Day w/o my calls dropping. This afternoon on a 45min call it dropped 3 times!!!!!! My one bright spot has been the release of the 9900. Now I have to put up with this Apple {word filter evasion} kissing bullcrap. What reason do I have to stay? This is not how you treat loyal customers and AT&T needs to realize not every customer wants an Iphone!! I'm checking out T-mobile.

Message 26 of 99
Contributor

I am in utter disgust that T-MOBILE is selling the Bold 9900 today and At&t isn't! I called in At&t today to ask when they would come out with the new phone, and the lady said that most probably SEPTEMBER. That's NEXT MONTH, I WANT IT TODAY. I've been waiting for this phone since May and am just really TICKED off that At&t did not have the decency to customers the release date of the new phone. I never thought I would ever become this angry with At&t but their secrecy has really ticked me off. Right after this post, I'm switching to verizon so I can get the new bold since they started selling it a day or two ago, and they DO have way better customer service and service in general. So long At&t. 

Message 27 of 99
Contributor

I’m sure this post is a wasted of time but I just need to vent my frustration with AT&T. I have been with AT&T for almost 10 years and will have to say that my experience with customer service has been great, but there tech support (is a joke) sucks big time. In the last few years I’ve seen the service areas diminish and in the past months drop calls have become ever increasing. Being grandfathered in a good plan I have kept hanging on but the disregard for Blackberry customers waiting for the 9900 is the last draw for me. Every major carrier now offers this device, not only here is the U.S. but around the globe and AT&T will not even put a release date out…………. So good bye and good riddance.

Message 28 of 99
Highlighted
Teacher

Don't Brush Us Off! - Blackberry Bold 9900 Official Release Date

Dear AT&T Wireless:

As a business customer of ATTWS for the past 6 years, I've been patiently loyal despite your poor customer service, spotty reception, dropped calls, higher prices, and high fees.  As a loyal business customer that spends over $8,000 per year on your wireless services, I would expect a bit more respect from AT&T to not insult my intelligence and have the common decent courtesy to tell me when you will release the latest Blackberry Bold 9900 device.

I have spent the past three days asking of your business sales reps, and your social media contacts on @ATT @ATTBusinessCare @ATTCustomerCare @ATTNews on Twitter, and NONE OF THEM have had the courtesy to call me, e-mail me, or tell me when the latest Blackberry Bold 9900 device will be available for sale. 

In this bad economy, I would think you would value a loyal customer a bit more and tell me when the Blackberry Bold 9900 device will be available for sale. HINT: I'M TRYING TO GIVE YOU MORE MONEY BY BUYING A NEW PHONE!

As of this morning Sprint and VerizonWireless both have the Blackberry Bold 9900 available for sale.  I'm seriously considering taking my business to them due to my frustrations based on the brush offs and utter tone deafness and silence from AT&T on this issue.

I join the hundreds of AT&T customers who are loyal to you and to Blackberry smart phones in asking AT&T to please treat us with more respect, and to ask that you please don't insult us by continuing this silence and ignoring our requests for information on the Blackberry Bold 9900 launch date.

I hope you do post this message and do not erase it just to ensure only positive comments are posted in your forums.  Ignoring us won't help your revenues and will only make us leave AT&T Wireless faster.

Thank you,

Jaime

CEO

Message 29 of 99
Contributor

As a new-found loyal customer who actually LEFT T-Mobile with high hopes that AT&T would be first to release this device, I can say I feel thoroughly dissapointed. I am not (currently) in-contract with AT&T, but somehow, I am still holding-off on the "jumping-ship" bandwagon in hopes that AT&T will (at very least) appease all the true "Crackberry" addicts with an official release date, or even better an actual release of this marvelous device. The demand is here, and time is of the essence. All my fellow Blackberry friends and acquaintances on your network would like is the proper tool of our choosing in order to make best use of your services. Please give us a reason to remain loyal to you. Consider this my personal plea to PLEASE release this device as soon as possible.

[3rd party link removed per Guidelines]

Thank you.

Message 30 of 99
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support