Blackberry Bold 9900 Official Release Date

Highlighted
Contributor

Blackberry Bold 9900 Official Release Date

[ Edited ]

Hi,

When will the Blackberry Bold 9900 be released on AT&T? Its already out on Verizon, and Sprint and T-mobile have announced release dates too. 

This looks like an awesome phone but if AT&T is not releasing it soon I might go to Verizon. 

Engadget review: http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/16/blackberry-bold-9930-review/

Message 1 of 99 (34,787 Views)
Contributor

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Official Release Date

I have heard rumors of November.  If I don't see AT&T coming out with it by end of August, I will change to Verizon. AT&T appears to have stopped servicing the business customer.  9900/9930 are great phones for those of us who travel around the world. iPhone has issues downloading unwanted extraneous data and cannot be used as a world phone for email for this reason.

I asked online when it would be available and the response from the "chat" person was that AT&T had other great smartphones and wouldn't I want one of them.

So, let's hope that AT&T pushes its release date up. When I return from vacation, I plan on buying this and changing carriers. AT&T may be faster for downloading data but Verizon gives fewer dropped calls. And, half of the reason of having a phone is for the ability to get and receive calls for a business person.

Let's hope AT&T reads this chat room.  I doubt they understand how many business people are leaving AT&T for this very reason!

Message 2 of 99 (34,458 Views)
Tutor

Completely AGREE !!! There would be no reason to stick to ATT if they dont release this phone in August.
Message 3 of 99 (34,324 Views)
Tutor

Additionally if ATT thinks they can get away with only releasing 9810, they also might think of loosing the business customers who WANT to stick to the old keyboard fashion.
Message 4 of 99 (34,320 Views)
Contributor

I couldn't agree more. When in NYC many of us business users would literally count on ATT stores to have the latest BB day of.  This wasnt that long ago either. 2000-2007.  Once i phone took off all their efforts have switched.  I am already looking to verizon pricing and if they cant win me over on pricing, from what i am told their service will.  

Message 5 of 99 (34,072 Views)
Tutor

Instead of releasing the 9900 AT&T  re releases the torch, one of the worst  blackberries ever created. The keyboard on the torch is complete trash it freezes all the time, overall its not a sold phone and needs to be discontinued but no this is the phone that AT&T  wants to release to lose more costumers. I really don't understand this company.  AT&T wants to release the 9900 in November ? What  sense does that make that's Months from at this point its only right I go where ever the 9900 gets released first  

Message 6 of 99 (33,955 Views)
Contributor

Hard to believe that all the major carriers _except_ AT&T have either released or about to release this phone and you hear nothing from AT&T except possibly November.  Not showing Blackberry customers much respect.

Message 7 of 99 (33,848 Views)
Tutor

Even t-mobile is set to release the 9900 by the end of this month. One of the main reasons why I switched to At&T is because they get all the latest phones first, big disappointment. Version is looking real good right now. the is how sprint fell off with their customers. follow me on  twitter @NextLeveltracks 

Message 8 of 99 (33,566 Views)
Tutor

I checked out the 9900 at the Verizon store today and guys IT IS AMAZING !!! it is a blackberry fan's DREAM !!! You have to actually see it in your hands to believe it. Simply BLOWS THE GATES APART !! ....Ah well i also then went to ATT store to check when they were releaseing this masterpiece, the rep said Thanksgiving Smiley Happy AT&T bye bye . I am done with ATT.... crappy service ....and now crappy phones. Guys even iPhone is with Verizon and thats what my wife uses, so .....no reason to stick another day Smiley Happy Enjoy your berry in THanksgiving you all guys Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 99 (33,522 Views)
Tutor

I'm on my way to go check it out rigt now 

Message 10 of 99 (33,514 Views)
Contributor

I have had the verizon 9930 for three days now.  Very nice BUT only 3G.  TMobile is saying 4G for the 9900.  I tried one of the verizon 4G LTE units and it is twice as fast.  I think I returing this unit and waiting for the next OS with 4G.  I'm bumed out.  Even on the BB site it says all the Bolds are 3G.

Message 11 of 99 (13,013 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

@hhallinan

3G=HSPA

4G*=HSPA+

Other than Verizon and there LTE network, if your device is branded 4G* you will almost always notice that little asterick with a disclaimer saying that its HSPA+. You are more or less likely to notice the difference.

Message 12 of 99 (12,856 Views)
Teacher

I really do not understand the business aspect of releasing the BlackBerry Bold 9900 so late, I hope there is a defect that AT&T will be able to point out, but if that is not the case I will be really upset. 

First, I understand the relationship between AT&T and Apple is a little strange, but with a October release for the iPhone 5, why is AT&T paving way an entire MONTH, for the iPhone 5. Release the device now, you will still have plenty of people renewing and creating new contracts for the iPhone 5. AT&T, Apple does not own you, have you created some estrange deal with Apple under the table?

Second, I hope AT&T is simply keeping the release of the 9900 underwraps with hopes to do a blitzkreig-like strategy soon, or maybe even along side the BlackBerry Torch 9810. I understand you do not want to stock too much on one companies device due to limited shelf room, but couldn't AT&T send those dated models that are taking up shelf life to more rural areas that are not interested in high end devices that are in low coverage areas. I am sure AT&T has a log of what sells in what areas and what doesn't.

My only discrepancy is that there has been no announces in why the delay, no solid date/week/month, November rumors make no sense unless AT&T plans on selling the device for $99.99-$149.99 on contract and $499.99 contract free, for the holiday season, please someone from AT&T contact me, or post something on this forum to ease the minds of whats left of the masses that are waiting for a specific BlackBerry models such as the 9900, 9850, or some other random device we do not know of yet. 

Message 13 of 99 (12,849 Views)
Contributor

I couldn't agree with everyone more, I've been a loyal AT&T wireless customer for the past 19 years and been through the changing from blue to orange and back several times!

I've already talked to Sprint, Verizon & T-Mobile regarding the bb Bold and am prepared to switch carriers, although I don't want to do this but at this point I feel that I don't have any choice if AT&T isn't planning to be competitive in offering the latest bb technology.

It's very unfortunate that those of us that who would like to remain AT&T customers must go elsewhere, hopefully someone from AT&T will read these posts and want to do something to keeps their longtime loyal customers.

JH
Message 14 of 99 (12,053 Views)
Contributor

This is very disappointing.  I was all set to get my new Bold 9900 yesterday and now they say it won't be available on AT&T until Thanksgiving!  What's going on AT&T?  Give us some news!

I've been with AT&T as long as I can remember.  I've got a Bold 9000 and a Playbook.  Love the Playbook, but desperately need to replace the 9000 as the available app memory on OS6 (required to Bridge to Playbook) is pathetic.  I've been hanging on anxiously awaiting the new Bold only to have my hopes dashed on the day I thought my dreams were coming true.  I've been a faithful AT&T customer, I've got my entire extended family spread across multiple states on AT&T and I have never been tempted to jump to another carrier before, but now I am tempted.  I've already waited months.  If I've got to wait 3 more months, at least tell me why.

Message 15 of 99 (12,006 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.