Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Aug 16, 2011
6:42:39 AM
View profile
Blackberry Bold 9900 Official Release Date
Edited by johnoshea on Aug 16, 2011 at 6:44:02 AM

Hi,

When will the Blackberry Bold 9900 be released on AT&T? Its already out on Verizon, and Sprint and T-mobile have announced release dates too. 

This looks like an awesome phone but if AT&T is not releasing it soon I might go to Verizon. 

Engadget review: http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/16/blackberry-bold-9930-review/

Hi,

When will the Blackberry Bold 9900 be released on AT&T? Its already out on Verizon, and Sprint and T-mobile have announced release dates too. 

This looks like an awesome phone but if AT&T is not releasing it soon I might go to Verizon. 

Engadget review: http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/16/blackberry-bold-9930-review/

Blackberry Bold 9900 Official Release Date

[ Edited ]
98 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(98)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 9:49:14 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have heard rumors of November.  If I don't see AT&T coming out with it by end of August, I will change to Verizon. AT&T appears to have stopped servicing the business customer.  9900/9930 are great phones for those of us who travel around the world. iPhone has issues downloading unwanted extraneous data and cannot be used as a world phone for email for this reason.

I asked online when it would be available and the response from the "chat" person was that AT&T had other great smartphones and wouldn't I want one of them.

So, let's hope that AT&T pushes its release date up. When I return from vacation, I plan on buying this and changing carriers. AT&T may be faster for downloading data but Verizon gives fewer dropped calls. And, half of the reason of having a phone is for the ability to get and receive calls for a business person.

Let's hope AT&T reads this chat room.  I doubt they understand how many business people are leaving AT&T for this very reason!

I have heard rumors of November.  If I don't see AT&T coming out with it by end of August, I will change to Verizon. AT&T appears to have stopped servicing the business customer.  9900/9930 are great phones for those of us who travel around the world. iPhone has issues downloading unwanted extraneous data and cannot be used as a world phone for email for this reason.

I asked online when it would be available and the response from the "chat" person was that AT&T had other great smartphones and wouldn't I want one of them.

So, let's hope that AT&T pushes its release date up. When I return from vacation, I plan on buying this and changing carriers. AT&T may be faster for downloading data but Verizon gives fewer dropped calls. And, half of the reason of having a phone is for the ability to get and receive calls for a business person.

Let's hope AT&T reads this chat room.  I doubt they understand how many business people are leaving AT&T for this very reason!

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Official Release Date

2 of 99 (34,342 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 1:05:12 PM
(0)
Tutor
Completely AGREE !!! There would be no reason to stick to ATT if they dont release this phone in August.
Completely AGREE !!! There would be no reason to stick to ATT if they dont release this phone in August.

3 of 99 (34,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 1:07:29 PM
(0)
Tutor
Additionally if ATT thinks they can get away with only releasing 9810, they also might think of loosing the business customers who WANT to stick to the old keyboard fashion.
Additionally if ATT thinks they can get away with only releasing 9810, they also might think of loosing the business customers who WANT to stick to the old keyboard fashion.

4 of 99 (34,204 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 9:40:14 PM
(0)
Contributor

I couldn't agree more. When in NYC many of us business users would literally count on ATT stores to have the latest BB day of.  This wasnt that long ago either. 2000-2007.  Once i phone took off all their efforts have switched.  I am already looking to verizon pricing and if they cant win me over on pricing, from what i am told their service will.  

I couldn't agree more. When in NYC many of us business users would literally count on ATT stores to have the latest BB day of.  This wasnt that long ago either. 2000-2007.  Once i phone took off all their efforts have switched.  I am already looking to verizon pricing and if they cant win me over on pricing, from what i am told their service will.  

5 of 99 (33,956 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2011 5:30:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

Instead of releasing the 9900 AT&T  re releases the torch, one of the worst  blackberries ever created. The keyboard on the torch is complete trash it freezes all the time, overall its not a sold phone and needs to be discontinued but no this is the phone that AT&T  wants to release to lose more costumers. I really don't understand this company.  AT&T wants to release the 9900 in November ? What  sense does that make that's Months from at this point its only right I go where ever the 9900 gets released first  

Instead of releasing the 9900 AT&T  re releases the torch, one of the worst  blackberries ever created. The keyboard on the torch is complete trash it freezes all the time, overall its not a sold phone and needs to be discontinued but no this is the phone that AT&T  wants to release to lose more costumers. I really don't understand this company.  AT&T wants to release the 9900 in November ? What  sense does that make that's Months from at this point its only right I go where ever the 9900 gets released first  

6 of 99 (33,839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2011 8:43:23 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hard to believe that all the major carriers _except_ AT&T have either released or about to release this phone and you hear nothing from AT&T except possibly November.  Not showing Blackberry customers much respect.

Hard to believe that all the major carriers _except_ AT&T have either released or about to release this phone and you hear nothing from AT&T except possibly November.  Not showing Blackberry customers much respect.

7 of 99 (33,732 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2011 3:05:38 PM
(0)
Tutor

Even t-mobile is set to release the 9900 by the end of this month. One of the main reasons why I switched to At&T is because they get all the latest phones first, big disappointment. Version is looking real good right now. the is how sprint fell off with their customers. follow me on  twitter @NextLeveltracks 

Even t-mobile is set to release the 9900 by the end of this month. One of the main reasons why I switched to At&T is because they get all the latest phones first, big disappointment. Version is looking real good right now. the is how sprint fell off with their customers. follow me on  twitter @NextLeveltracks 

8 of 99 (33,450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2011 4:05:09 PM
(0)
Tutor
I checked out the 9900 at the Verizon store today and guys IT IS AMAZING !!! it is a blackberry fan's DREAM !!! You have to actually see it in your hands to believe it. Simply BLOWS THE GATES APART !! ....Ah well i also then went to ATT store to check when they were releaseing this masterpiece, the rep said Thanksgiving Smiley Happy AT&T bye bye . I am done with ATT.... crappy service ....and now crappy phones. Guys even iPhone is with Verizon and thats what my wife uses, so .....no reason to stick another day Smiley Happy Enjoy your berry in THanksgiving you all guys Smiley Happy
I checked out the 9900 at the Verizon store today and guys IT IS AMAZING !!! it is a blackberry fan's DREAM !!! You have to actually see it in your hands to believe it. Simply BLOWS THE GATES APART !! ....Ah well i also then went to ATT store to check when they were releaseing this masterpiece, the rep said Thanksgiving Smiley Happy AT&T bye bye . I am done with ATT.... crappy service ....and now crappy phones. Guys even iPhone is with Verizon and thats what my wife uses, so .....no reason to stick another day Smiley Happy Enjoy your berry in THanksgiving you all guys Smiley Happy

9 of 99 (33,406 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2011 4:11:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

I'm on my way to go check it out rigt now 

I'm on my way to go check it out rigt now 

10 of 99 (33,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2011 4:33:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have had the verizon 9930 for three days now.  Very nice BUT only 3G.  TMobile is saying 4G for the 9900.  I tried one of the verizon 4G LTE units and it is twice as fast.  I think I returing this unit and waiting for the next OS with 4G.  I'm bumed out.  Even on the BB site it says all the Bolds are 3G.

I have had the verizon 9930 for three days now.  Very nice BUT only 3G.  TMobile is saying 4G for the 9900.  I tried one of the verizon 4G LTE units and it is twice as fast.  I think I returing this unit and waiting for the next OS with 4G.  I'm bumed out.  Even on the BB site it says all the Bolds are 3G.

11 of 99 (12,897 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2011 7:41:04 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by cl8baller on Aug 21, 2011 at 7:42:20 AM

@hhallinan

3G=HSPA

4G*=HSPA+

Other than Verizon and there LTE network, if your device is branded 4G* you will almost always notice that little asterick with a disclaimer saying that its HSPA+. You are more or less likely to notice the difference.

@hhallinan

3G=HSPA

4G*=HSPA+

Other than Verizon and there LTE network, if your device is branded 4G* you will almost always notice that little asterick with a disclaimer saying that its HSPA+. You are more or less likely to notice the difference.

[ Edited ]
12 of 99 (12,740 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2011 7:51:23 AM
(0)
Teacher

I really do not understand the business aspect of releasing the BlackBerry Bold 9900 so late, I hope there is a defect that AT&T will be able to point out, but if that is not the case I will be really upset. 

First, I understand the relationship between AT&T and Apple is a little strange, but with a October release for the iPhone 5, why is AT&T paving way an entire MONTH, for the iPhone 5. Release the device now, you will still have plenty of people renewing and creating new contracts for the iPhone 5. AT&T, Apple does not own you, have you created some estrange deal with Apple under the table?

Second, I hope AT&T is simply keeping the release of the 9900 underwraps with hopes to do a blitzkreig-like strategy soon, or maybe even along side the BlackBerry Torch 9810. I understand you do not want to stock too much on one companies device due to limited shelf room, but couldn't AT&T send those dated models that are taking up shelf life to more rural areas that are not interested in high end devices that are in low coverage areas. I am sure AT&T has a log of what sells in what areas and what doesn't.

My only discrepancy is that there has been no announces in why the delay, no solid date/week/month, November rumors make no sense unless AT&T plans on selling the device for $99.99-$149.99 on contract and $499.99 contract free, for the holiday season, please someone from AT&T contact me, or post something on this forum to ease the minds of whats left of the masses that are waiting for a specific BlackBerry models such as the 9900, 9850, or some other random device we do not know of yet. 

I really do not understand the business aspect of releasing the BlackBerry Bold 9900 so late, I hope there is a defect that AT&T will be able to point out, but if that is not the case I will be really upset. 

First, I understand the relationship between AT&T and Apple is a little strange, but with a October release for the iPhone 5, why is AT&T paving way an entire MONTH, for the iPhone 5. Release the device now, you will still have plenty of people renewing and creating new contracts for the iPhone 5. AT&T, Apple does not own you, have you created some estrange deal with Apple under the table?

Second, I hope AT&T is simply keeping the release of the 9900 underwraps with hopes to do a blitzkreig-like strategy soon, or maybe even along side the BlackBerry Torch 9810. I understand you do not want to stock too much on one companies device due to limited shelf room, but couldn't AT&T send those dated models that are taking up shelf life to more rural areas that are not interested in high end devices that are in low coverage areas. I am sure AT&T has a log of what sells in what areas and what doesn't.

My only discrepancy is that there has been no announces in why the delay, no solid date/week/month, November rumors make no sense unless AT&T plans on selling the device for $99.99-$149.99 on contract and $499.99 contract free, for the holiday season, please someone from AT&T contact me, or post something on this forum to ease the minds of whats left of the masses that are waiting for a specific BlackBerry models such as the 9900, 9850, or some other random device we do not know of yet. 

13 of 99 (12,733 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2011 7:12:18 AM
(0)
Contributor
I couldn't agree with everyone more, I've been a loyal AT&T wireless customer for the past 19 years and been through the changing from blue to orange and back several times!

I've already talked to Sprint, Verizon & T-Mobile regarding the bb Bold and am prepared to switch carriers, although I don't want to do this but at this point I feel that I don't have any choice if AT&T isn't planning to be competitive in offering the latest bb technology.

It's very unfortunate that those of us that who would like to remain AT&T customers must go elsewhere, hopefully someone from AT&T will read these posts and want to do something to keeps their longtime loyal customers.

JH
I couldn't agree with everyone more, I've been a loyal AT&T wireless customer for the past 19 years and been through the changing from blue to orange and back several times!

I've already talked to Sprint, Verizon & T-Mobile regarding the bb Bold and am prepared to switch carriers, although I don't want to do this but at this point I feel that I don't have any choice if AT&T isn't planning to be competitive in offering the latest bb technology.

It's very unfortunate that those of us that who would like to remain AT&T customers must go elsewhere, hopefully someone from AT&T will read these posts and want to do something to keeps their longtime loyal customers.

JH

14 of 99 (11,937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2011 9:02:29 AM
(0)
Contributor

This is very disappointing.  I was all set to get my new Bold 9900 yesterday and now they say it won't be available on AT&T until Thanksgiving!  What's going on AT&T?  Give us some news!

I've been with AT&T as long as I can remember.  I've got a Bold 9000 and a Playbook.  Love the Playbook, but desperately need to replace the 9000 as the available app memory on OS6 (required to Bridge to Playbook) is pathetic.  I've been hanging on anxiously awaiting the new Bold only to have my hopes dashed on the day I thought my dreams were coming true.  I've been a faithful AT&T customer, I've got my entire extended family spread across multiple states on AT&T and I have never been tempted to jump to another carrier before, but now I am tempted.  I've already waited months.  If I've got to wait 3 more months, at least tell me why.

This is very disappointing.  I was all set to get my new Bold 9900 yesterday and now they say it won't be available on AT&T until Thanksgiving!  What's going on AT&T?  Give us some news!

I've been with AT&T as long as I can remember.  I've got a Bold 9000 and a Playbook.  Love the Playbook, but desperately need to replace the 9000 as the available app memory on OS6 (required to Bridge to Playbook) is pathetic.  I've been hanging on anxiously awaiting the new Bold only to have my hopes dashed on the day I thought my dreams were coming true.  I've been a faithful AT&T customer, I've got my entire extended family spread across multiple states on AT&T and I have never been tempted to jump to another carrier before, but now I am tempted.  I've already waited months.  If I've got to wait 3 more months, at least tell me why.

15 of 99 (11,890 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2011 2:29:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

I called my local store and I was told  either August or September. Hope so and not November. I agree with what someone said about the Torch. It sucks! I had a Bold and LOVED it, but like a fool got the Torch and have regretted it ever since. Just waiting for the the 9900!

I called my local store and I was told  either August or September. Hope so and not November. I agree with what someone said about the Torch. It sucks! I had a Bold and LOVED it, but like a fool got the Torch and have regretted it ever since. Just waiting for the the 9900!

16 of 99 (11,744 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2011 2:35:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

Wish I could leave, but am in the middle of a contract .

Wish I could leave, but am in the middle of a contract .

17 of 99 (11,741 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2011 11:52:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

Ive stuck with At&T despite their network issues only because they generally get good phones early. But this time everyone has it except for att. I really hope the date is somewhere in August or early september, else I will also switch to verizon. 

Ive stuck with At&T despite their network issues only because they generally get good phones early. But this time everyone has it except for att. I really hope the date is somewhere in August or early september, else I will also switch to verizon. 

18 of 99 (11,521 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2011 8:35:48 AM
(0)
Tutor

AT&T Took down my post regarding me ragging on the Trash a.ss Torch that their re releasing instead of the 9900 lol. I feel that it is important that I voice my opinion plus I have the right to do so. I am a paying customer, so AT&T thinks their just going to take my money on a month to month bases and give me Shiittey service and Shiittey phones and expect not to hear my voice lol wrong. Who ever is the decision maker at AT&T should get fired. First of all their stupid Strategy is begin the fact that all carriers is set to have the bold and their the only carrier to have the torch why not re release the phone again but give it the same specs as the bold and charge $49 with expectation on reducing the sales of other carriers that's charging 240 for their bold with the same specs LOL. That would be a good strategy if the torch wasn't a Shiittey phone and the phone never got horrible reviews to the point of no return. LOL its all about sales with this company not servicing their loyal customers if so the sales will be an automatic base on referrals from satisfied loyal customers Good. Follow me on All artist  follow me on Twitter @Nextleveltracks 

AT&T Took down my post regarding me ragging on the Trash a.ss Torch that their re releasing instead of the 9900 lol. I feel that it is important that I voice my opinion plus I have the right to do so. I am a paying customer, so AT&T thinks their just going to take my money on a month to month bases and give me Shiittey service and Shiittey phones and expect not to hear my voice lol wrong. Who ever is the decision maker at AT&T should get fired. First of all their stupid Strategy is begin the fact that all carriers is set to have the bold and their the only carrier to have the torch why not re release the phone again but give it the same specs as the bold and charge $49 with expectation on reducing the sales of other carriers that's charging 240 for their bold with the same specs LOL. That would be a good strategy if the torch wasn't a Shiittey phone and the phone never got horrible reviews to the point of no return. LOL its all about sales with this company not servicing their loyal customers if so the sales will be an automatic base on referrals from satisfied loyal customers Good. Follow me on All artist  follow me on Twitter @Nextleveltracks 

19 of 99 (11,414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2011 8:26:53 PM
(0)
Contributor
What is AT&T thinking? Delaying the Bold 9900 release until November? Meanwhile the Torch 2 is languishing! Verizon, Sprint and Mobile One are all smiles!
What is AT&T thinking? Delaying the Bold 9900 release until November? Meanwhile the Torch 2 is languishing! Verizon, Sprint and Mobile One are all smiles!

20 of 99 (11,122 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2011 8:43:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

I've been w/ AT&T now for about 4 1/2 years, dating back to just before Cingular was acquired. I've watched as my area transitioned to 3G from EDGE and have been quite happy w/ the service I've had over the years. I've gone from the Pearl to both versions of the Bold and now the Torch and I have to say that despite all this, to find out AT&T is holding back on RIM just to get more iPhone sales really makes you want to move somewhere else. If they're just going to cater to Apple that much, those of us who don't want iPhones may need to look elsewhere.

You'd think w/ the media blitz AT&T put on regarding the Torch 9800 they'd weaned themselves off the Apple drug. Seeing as it wasn't exclusive anymore and that Apple had to eat crow speaking poorly of AT&T's service when the antenna band was the real issue to "AntennaGate". You'd think that AT&T would be more inclined to not bend over backwards for Apple so much as to stifle RIM in the process considering said media blitz of the Torch 9800 during NFL games this past year by AT&T were frequent all the while watching Apple ads w/ the Big Red V across the top of the screen right behind them. Makes you just feel the love right?

So just why is AT&T the last one to the gate on the Blackberry Bold 9900? Why the holdout?

I've been w/ AT&T now for about 4 1/2 years, dating back to just before Cingular was acquired. I've watched as my area transitioned to 3G from EDGE and have been quite happy w/ the service I've had over the years. I've gone from the Pearl to both versions of the Bold and now the Torch and I have to say that despite all this, to find out AT&T is holding back on RIM just to get more iPhone sales really makes you want to move somewhere else. If they're just going to cater to Apple that much, those of us who don't want iPhones may need to look elsewhere.

You'd think w/ the media blitz AT&T put on regarding the Torch 9800 they'd weaned themselves off the Apple drug. Seeing as it wasn't exclusive anymore and that Apple had to eat crow speaking poorly of AT&T's service when the antenna band was the real issue to "AntennaGate". You'd think that AT&T would be more inclined to not bend over backwards for Apple so much as to stifle RIM in the process considering said media blitz of the Torch 9800 during NFL games this past year by AT&T were frequent all the while watching Apple ads w/ the Big Red V across the top of the screen right behind them. Makes you just feel the love right?

So just why is AT&T the last one to the gate on the Blackberry Bold 9900? Why the holdout?

21 of 99 (8,139 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2011 6:21:23 AM
(0)
Contributor

I just bought the unlocked 9900 UK version on Expansys.  No, it wasn't cheap.  But this phone rocks, so I have no problem using EDGE for a couple months until AT&T rolles out its HSPA+ network.

I just bought the unlocked 9900 UK version on Expansys.  No, it wasn't cheap.  But this phone rocks, so I have no problem using EDGE for a couple months until AT&T rolles out its HSPA+ network.

22 of 99 (7,832 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2011 7:24:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

Like the others who have posted recent comments, I've been holding up any changes to my mobile as well as my carrier for over a half year, waiting for AT&T to offer the Bold 9990.  In recent weeks, the AT&T stores have said they have no information whatsoever, and yesterday the silly online "chat" person said they know nothing about a Bold 9990.  So yes, like so many others, I'm going to a Verizon store tomorrow and check out their offerings.  It's amazing to me how a company like AT&T could be so tone deaf -- and I'm a longtime and very loyal customer, but that loyalty is about to end.

Like the others who have posted recent comments, I've been holding up any changes to my mobile as well as my carrier for over a half year, waiting for AT&T to offer the Bold 9990.  In recent weeks, the AT&T stores have said they have no information whatsoever, and yesterday the silly online "chat" person said they know nothing about a Bold 9990.  So yes, like so many others, I'm going to a Verizon store tomorrow and check out their offerings.  It's amazing to me how a company like AT&T could be so tone deaf -- and I'm a longtime and very loyal customer, but that loyalty is about to end.

23 of 99 (7,664 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2011 10:09:04 PM
(0)
Contributor

Not to beat the dead horse here...but...

I find it incredible that AT&T hasn't even really hinted at when the device would be released. A hint might keep customers from switching carriers or purchasing a the device from another provider, and unlocking it.

What is more upsetting is that every other major carrier has the phone for sale (T-Mobile taking orders/maybe selling). Lets do this already AT&T. Give us some release information.

Not to beat the dead horse here...but...

I find it incredible that AT&T hasn't even really hinted at when the device would be released. A hint might keep customers from switching carriers or purchasing a the device from another provider, and unlocking it.

What is more upsetting is that every other major carrier has the phone for sale (T-Mobile taking orders/maybe selling). Lets do this already AT&T. Give us some release information.

24 of 99 (7,634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2011 3:06:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

I agree. As much as it ticks me off that they might not release till November, at least they could set a date so we know what to expect! Why all the secrecy? And I don't think the release of the iphone should affect the release of a Blackberry. Let's face it, those to phones cater to two very different types of people. They aren't competing! My bold 9700 just died (white screen of death) and I don't like any phone currently on the market right now. I need to replace soon but I have my heart set on the 9900. Is that too much to ask AT&T?!

I agree. As much as it ticks me off that they might not release till November, at least they could set a date so we know what to expect! Why all the secrecy? And I don't think the release of the iphone should affect the release of a Blackberry. Let's face it, those to phones cater to two very different types of people. They aren't competing! My bold 9700 just died (white screen of death) and I don't like any phone currently on the market right now. I need to replace soon but I have my heart set on the 9900. Is that too much to ask AT&T?!

25 of 99 (7,144 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2011 3:41:50 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by pamelaz on Aug 31, 2011 at 7:40:08 AM

I have been so frustrated with AT&T. For the last six months I can't go one Day w/o my calls dropping. This afternoon on a 45min call it dropped 3 times!!!!!! My one bright spot has been the release of the 9900. Now I have to put up with this Apple {word filter evasion} kissing bullcrap. What reason do I have to stay? This is not how you treat loyal customers and AT&T needs to realize not every customer wants an Iphone!! I'm checking out T-mobile.

I have been so frustrated with AT&T. For the last six months I can't go one Day w/o my calls dropping. This afternoon on a 45min call it dropped 3 times!!!!!! My one bright spot has been the release of the 9900. Now I have to put up with this Apple {word filter evasion} kissing bullcrap. What reason do I have to stay? This is not how you treat loyal customers and AT&T needs to realize not every customer wants an Iphone!! I'm checking out T-mobile.

[ Edited ]
26 of 99 (6,819 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2011 10:33:30 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am in utter disgust that T-MOBILE is selling the Bold 9900 today and At&t isn't! I called in At&t today to ask when they would come out with the new phone, and the lady said that most probably SEPTEMBER. That's NEXT MONTH, I WANT IT TODAY. I've been waiting for this phone since May and am just really TICKED off that At&t did not have the decency to customers the release date of the new phone. I never thought I would ever become this angry with At&t but their secrecy has really ticked me off. Right after this post, I'm switching to verizon so I can get the new bold since they started selling it a day or two ago, and they DO have way better customer service and service in general. So long At&t. 

I am in utter disgust that T-MOBILE is selling the Bold 9900 today and At&t isn't! I called in At&t today to ask when they would come out with the new phone, and the lady said that most probably SEPTEMBER. That's NEXT MONTH, I WANT IT TODAY. I've been waiting for this phone since May and am just really TICKED off that At&t did not have the decency to customers the release date of the new phone. I never thought I would ever become this angry with At&t but their secrecy has really ticked me off. Right after this post, I'm switching to verizon so I can get the new bold since they started selling it a day or two ago, and they DO have way better customer service and service in general. So long At&t. 

27 of 99 (6,750 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2011 6:35:40 AM
(0)
Contributor

I’m sure this post is a wasted of time but I just need to vent my frustration with AT&T. I have been with AT&T for almost 10 years and will have to say that my experience with customer service has been great, but there tech support (is a joke) sucks big time. In the last few years I’ve seen the service areas diminish and in the past months drop calls have become ever increasing. Being grandfathered in a good plan I have kept hanging on but the disregard for Blackberry customers waiting for the 9900 is the last draw for me. Every major carrier now offers this device, not only here is the U.S. but around the globe and AT&T will not even put a release date out…………. So good bye and good riddance.

I’m sure this post is a wasted of time but I just need to vent my frustration with AT&T. I have been with AT&T for almost 10 years and will have to say that my experience with customer service has been great, but there tech support (is a joke) sucks big time. In the last few years I’ve seen the service areas diminish and in the past months drop calls have become ever increasing. Being grandfathered in a good plan I have kept hanging on but the disregard for Blackberry customers waiting for the 9900 is the last draw for me. Every major carrier now offers this device, not only here is the U.S. but around the globe and AT&T will not even put a release date out…………. So good bye and good riddance.

28 of 99 (6,606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2011 7:32:01 AM
(0)
Teacher

Dear AT&T Wireless:

As a business customer of ATTWS for the past 6 years, I've been patiently loyal despite your poor customer service, spotty reception, dropped calls, higher prices, and high fees.  As a loyal business customer that spends over $8,000 per year on your wireless services, I would expect a bit more respect from AT&T to not insult my intelligence and have the common decent courtesy to tell me when you will release the latest Blackberry Bold 9900 device.

I have spent the past three days asking of your business sales reps, and your social media contacts on @ATT @ATTBusinessCare @ATTCustomerCare @ATTNews on Twitter, and NONE OF THEM have had the courtesy to call me, e-mail me, or tell me when the latest Blackberry Bold 9900 device will be available for sale. 

In this bad economy, I would think you would value a loyal customer a bit more and tell me when the Blackberry Bold 9900 device will be available for sale. HINT: I'M TRYING TO GIVE YOU MORE MONEY BY BUYING A NEW PHONE!

As of this morning Sprint and VerizonWireless both have the Blackberry Bold 9900 available for sale.  I'm seriously considering taking my business to them due to my frustrations based on the brush offs and utter tone deafness and silence from AT&T on this issue.

I join the hundreds of AT&T customers who are loyal to you and to Blackberry smart phones in asking AT&T to please treat us with more respect, and to ask that you please don't insult us by continuing this silence and ignoring our requests for information on the Blackberry Bold 9900 launch date.

I hope you do post this message and do not erase it just to ensure only positive comments are posted in your forums.  Ignoring us won't help your revenues and will only make us leave AT&T Wireless faster.

Thank you,

Jaime

CEO

Dear AT&T Wireless:

As a business customer of ATTWS for the past 6 years, I've been patiently loyal despite your poor customer service, spotty reception, dropped calls, higher prices, and high fees.  As a loyal business customer that spends over $8,000 per year on your wireless services, I would expect a bit more respect from AT&T to not insult my intelligence and have the common decent courtesy to tell me when you will release the latest Blackberry Bold 9900 device.

I have spent the past three days asking of your business sales reps, and your social media contacts on @ATT @ATTBusinessCare @ATTCustomerCare @ATTNews on Twitter, and NONE OF THEM have had the courtesy to call me, e-mail me, or tell me when the latest Blackberry Bold 9900 device will be available for sale. 

In this bad economy, I would think you would value a loyal customer a bit more and tell me when the Blackberry Bold 9900 device will be available for sale. HINT: I'M TRYING TO GIVE YOU MORE MONEY BY BUYING A NEW PHONE!

As of this morning Sprint and VerizonWireless both have the Blackberry Bold 9900 available for sale.  I'm seriously considering taking my business to them due to my frustrations based on the brush offs and utter tone deafness and silence from AT&T on this issue.

I join the hundreds of AT&T customers who are loyal to you and to Blackberry smart phones in asking AT&T to please treat us with more respect, and to ask that you please don't insult us by continuing this silence and ignoring our requests for information on the Blackberry Bold 9900 launch date.

I hope you do post this message and do not erase it just to ensure only positive comments are posted in your forums.  Ignoring us won't help your revenues and will only make us leave AT&T Wireless faster.

Thank you,

Jaime

CEO

Don't Brush Us Off! - Blackberry Bold 9900 Official Release Date

29 of 99 (6,598 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2011 11:21:08 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by pamelaz on Sep 1, 2011 at 12:59:59 PM

As a new-found loyal customer who actually LEFT T-Mobile with high hopes that AT&T would be first to release this device, I can say I feel thoroughly dissapointed. I am not (currently) in-contract with AT&T, but somehow, I am still holding-off on the "jumping-ship" bandwagon in hopes that AT&T will (at very least) appease all the true "Crackberry" addicts with an official release date, or even better an actual release of this marvelous device. The demand is here, and time is of the essence. All my fellow Blackberry friends and acquaintances on your network would like is the proper tool of our choosing in order to make best use of your services. Please give us a reason to remain loyal to you. Consider this my personal plea to PLEASE release this device as soon as possible.

[3rd party link removed per Guidelines]

Thank you.

As a new-found loyal customer who actually LEFT T-Mobile with high hopes that AT&T would be first to release this device, I can say I feel thoroughly dissapointed. I am not (currently) in-contract with AT&T, but somehow, I am still holding-off on the "jumping-ship" bandwagon in hopes that AT&T will (at very least) appease all the true "Crackberry" addicts with an official release date, or even better an actual release of this marvelous device. The demand is here, and time is of the essence. All my fellow Blackberry friends and acquaintances on your network would like is the proper tool of our choosing in order to make best use of your services. Please give us a reason to remain loyal to you. Consider this my personal plea to PLEASE release this device as soon as possible.

[3rd party link removed per Guidelines]

Thank you.

[ Edited ]
30 of 99 (6,541 Views)