Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 27, 2011
3:45:30 PM
Black or White iPhone?
How many of you Forum members prefer a white iPhone to a black one? Or the other way around?

I personally like black much better, but I have a white iPhone 3GS that I traded for on Tuesday. Liking it so far, but still wishing it was black... I'm curious because I feel somewhat like the "odd one out" white just about the only white iPhone owner amongst others in my area. I know it's simply just a color, but I know some of you have personal preferences.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

How many of you Forum members prefer a white iPhone to a black one? Or the other way around?

I personally like black much better, but I have a white iPhone 3GS that I traded for on Tuesday. Liking it so far, but still wishing it was black... I'm curious because I feel somewhat like the "odd one out" white just about the only white iPhone owner amongst others in my area. I know it's simply just a color, but I know some of you have personal preferences.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

Black or White iPhone?

28 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(28)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 3:51:24 PM
(0)
Professor

hi... how are you..

i had a black Iphone 4 it was cool but kind of plain lol...so i got a Iphone 4S a black  16 GB. it was  defective so i got to exhcange it for a iphone 4S 16GB a white one.  the stands out more than the black, i had ppl ask me ohh is that the White 4S  Iphone? i say yes and smile.  

white stands out more to me. but i would like to  have the black one back also. but after a while the black got boring. 

Wild Banchi wrote:

hi... how are you..

i had a black Iphone 4 it was cool but kind of plain lol...so i got a Iphone 4S a black  16 GB. it was  defective so i got to exhcange it for a iphone 4S 16GB a white one.  the stands out more than the black, i had ppl ask me ohh is that the White 4S  Iphone? i say yes and smile.  

white stands out more to me. but i would like to  have the black one back also. but after a while the black got boring. 

Wild Banchi wrote:

hello!!!

Re: Black or White iPhone?

2 of 29 (865 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 4:26:10 PM
(0)
Master
You made some good points, graphite. I would agree that the white does stand out more.

Oh well. It's just a color.

You made some good points, graphite. I would agree that the white does stand out more.

Oh well. It's just a color.

3 of 29 (852 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 4:39:47 PM
(0)
Scholar

I like the white. It looks clean. But I also like brighter colors over darker ones. The problem is, I have a 2 year old, so the white won't stay clean for very long...

I like the white. It looks clean. But I also like brighter colors over darker ones. The problem is, I have a 2 year old, so the white won't stay clean for very long...

4 of 29 (843 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 4:52:29 PM
(0)
Mentor

I prefer black. But I also like clean industrial type stuff. Brushed metal, anodized aluminum, etc... For me white is just too.... well white. Smiley Happy

Dan

I prefer black. But I also like clean industrial type stuff. Brushed metal, anodized aluminum, etc... For me white is just too.... well white. Smiley Happy

Dan

5 of 29 (833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 4:55:04 PM
(0)
Master
I guess that's a simple way to put it... Smiley Very Happy

I think the stainless steel band around the 4/4S looks very nice, too.

I guess that's a simple way to put it... Smiley Very Happy

I think the stainless steel band around the 4/4S looks very nice, too.

6 of 29 (831 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 6:47:58 AM
(0)
Tutor

I love the way the white iPhone looks.. Very sleek and clean. I think being one of the only people to have a white phone in your area is kind of cool. Who wants to be like everyone else? I ordered a white one and it will be a nice change from my black 3g.

I love the way the white iPhone looks.. Very sleek and clean. I think being one of the only people to have a white phone in your area is kind of cool. Who wants to be like everyone else? I ordered a white one and it will be a nice change from my black 3g.

7 of 29 (764 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 7:21:19 AM
(0)
Mentor
Absolutely love my white IPhone 4s. It's different from all the black ones around and I love the way my case looks on it (would look weird if the phone was black). It's just a clean looking, pretty phone.
Absolutely love my white IPhone 4s. It's different from all the black ones around and I love the way my case looks on it (would look weird if the phone was black). It's just a clean looking, pretty phone.

8 of 29 (745 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 7:48:48 AM
(0)
Master
I went with the Black iPhone 4S. I prefer the Black color better as I watch a lot of videos on my iPhones and I think they stand out more with an all black background.
I went with the Black iPhone 4S. I prefer the Black color better as I watch a lot of videos on my iPhones and I think they stand out more with an all black background.

9 of 29 (730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 9:09:28 AM
(0)
Expert
Black for same reason, Uverse TV and movies/music vids.

Plus, it's foolish to not have a case, so outside color isn't as important, but screen area is to me. I tried a clear case on my old Touch, and ended up going back to black; even clear edges on front took away from TV watching--or perhaps I'm just too easily distracted? Smiley Very Happy
Black for same reason, Uverse TV and movies/music vids.

Plus, it's foolish to not have a case, so outside color isn't as important, but screen area is to me. I tried a clear case on my old Touch, and ended up going back to black; even clear edges on front took away from TV watching--or perhaps I'm just too easily distracted? Smiley Very Happy

10 of 29 (712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 9:18:19 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I prefer my electronics in black instead of white. I do have decals on both my iPhone and Kindle though. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I prefer my electronics in black instead of white. I do have decals on both my iPhone and Kindle though. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

11 of 29 (593 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 2:26:34 PM
(0)
Scholar

wish they would come out with a stainless steel version....silver bulletSmiley Very Happy

wish they would come out with a stainless steel version....silver bulletSmiley Very Happy

12 of 29 (574 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 2:27:58 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I would buy that in a heartbeat. I love the stainless steel back on my iPad.

--------------

I would buy that in a heartbeat. I love the stainless steel back on my iPad.

--------------

13 of 29 (573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 2:56:31 PM
(0)
Professor

napili wrote:

i would got the stainless steel version or a  chromed back or a hard coated plastic back in different colors, such as candy apple red,pearl white or something like wicked orange or blue or even a candy green .

napili wrote:

i would got the stainless steel version or a  chromed back or a hard coated plastic back in different colors, such as candy apple red,pearl white or something like wicked orange or blue or even a candy green .

hello!!!

14 of 29 (568 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 3:37:16 PM
(0)
Master

graphite07 wrote:

I would purchase a Navy Blue iPhone, but I don't see that happening.

graphite07 wrote:

15 of 29 (559 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 4:24:43 PM
(0)
Professor

Irish Rose wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

ohh i know...  i wish apple would do a different color theme. or something like  hard plastic back  scratch proof and in colors.

Irish Rose wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

ohh i know...  i wish apple would do a different color theme. or something like  hard plastic back  scratch proof and in colors.

hello!!!

16 of 29 (552 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 7:44:28 PM
(0)
Master

graphite07 wrote:

Irish Rose wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

I saw a guy on craigslist trying to sell an iPhone 4 that was custom-colored lime green. Looked very different from the traditional colors. I don't remember how he said he did it, (included it in the description) but I'm sure he tacked on some more dough to the asking price because that color change was likely not very cheap...

Scratch-proof would be very nice. Scratch-proof AND chrome would be even better.

graphite07 wrote:

Irish Rose wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

I saw a guy on craigslist trying to sell an iPhone 4 that was custom-colored lime green. Looked very different from the traditional colors. I don't remember how he said he did it, (included it in the description) but I'm sure he tacked on some more dough to the asking price because that color change was likely not very cheap...

Scratch-proof would be very nice. Scratch-proof AND chrome would be even better.

17 of 29 (536 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 7:53:49 PM
(0)
Scholar
I had a black 3GS and exchanged it for the white 4. I like the white. BUT I put a pink and white otter box on it and the more I look at it, the more it looks like a child's toy. :/
I had a black 3GS and exchanged it for the white 4. I like the white. BUT I put a pink and white otter box on it and the more I look at it, the more it looks like a child's toy. :/

18 of 29 (532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2011 10:52:41 AM
(0)
Mentor

You don't have to wait for Apple to come out with a line of colored iPhones. Just do a Google search on backplate housing for iPhones and you can customize your phone to the color of your choice. 

A few sites to visit: 

Here's a YouTube link on how you can easily change the backplate of your iPhone. iPhone Back Housing Replacement

You can also visit PhonePartsUSA.com if you are interested in colorizing your iPhone.

Black or White iPhone? How about both... Check out the link... Black Front/White Back iPhone

Not into colors? How about an Aluminum Backplate?

Want a colored iPhone but don't want to replace the housing/backplate of your iPhone?... Then you can do a temporary color change with Replicase. It's a snap on case that resembles the backplate of your iPhone, except it comes in colors and can easily be replaced to swap to a different color.

These are just a few of many sites that can help you to personalize your iPhone.  Smiley Happy

You don't have to wait for Apple to come out with a line of colored iPhones. Just do a Google search on backplate housing for iPhones and you can customize your phone to the color of your choice. 

A few sites to visit: 

Here's a YouTube link on how you can easily change the backplate of your iPhone. iPhone Back Housing Replacement

You can also visit PhonePartsUSA.com if you are interested in colorizing your iPhone.

Black or White iPhone? How about both... Check out the link... Black Front/White Back iPhone

Not into colors? How about an Aluminum Backplate?

Want a colored iPhone but don't want to replace the housing/backplate of your iPhone?... Then you can do a temporary color change with Replicase. It's a snap on case that resembles the backplate of your iPhone, except it comes in colors and can easily be replaced to swap to a different color.

These are just a few of many sites that can help you to personalize your iPhone.  Smiley Happy

19 of 29 (511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2011 11:06:48 AM
(0)
Mentor

More from eBay... Replicase

More from eBay... Replicase

20 of 29 (505 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 12:18:45 AM
(0)
Expert
Those are sharp looking! Apple should sell them.
Those are sharp looking! Apple should sell them.

21 of 29 (419 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 3:04:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

I love the white! I can find it!

I love the white! I can find it!

22 of 29 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 4:42:41 AM
(0)
Mentor
I like the white I have the withe 3GS and I just got the two withe 64gb and I love it still waiting for to be ship I can't wait to see it but white is the way to go
I like the white I have the withe 3GS and I just got the two withe 64gb and I love it still waiting for to be ship I can't wait to see it but white is the way to go

23 of 29 (376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 2:44:27 PM
(0)
Master
White definitely is clean. It does attract more attention, though - not sure if that's necessarily a good thing...

White definitely is clean. It does attract more attention, though - not sure if that's necessarily a good thing...

24 of 29 (357 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 4:51:21 PM
(0)
Expert

But aren't there other makers that have white now?

But aren't there other makers that have white now?

25 of 29 (342 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 6:01:02 PM
(0)
Master

Yes, there are. HTC is jumping on the color choice bandwagon (EVO), and Sony Ericsson did with the release of the white Xperia X10. Rumors suspect that Samsung will join them as well.

Yes, there are. HTC is jumping on the color choice bandwagon (EVO), and Sony Ericsson did with the release of the white Xperia X10. Rumors suspect that Samsung will join them as well.

26 of 29 (337 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 6:03:09 PM
(0)
Scholar
defo the White one for me Smiley Wink
defo the White one for me Smiley Wink

27 of 29 (334 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 7:10:02 PM
(0)
Expert

I can see where white wouldn't show fingerprints as much!

28 of 29 (329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 7:49:18 AM
(0)
Guru

spd2demun wrote:

This is true--that is one of the main reasons car buyers choose a white-colored vehicle (vs. say, a black one)...not so much a fingerprint issue, but that white-colored products (with the possible exception of clothes) "hide" dirt and other imperfections pretty well.  However, generally speaking a black product will look exceptionally sharper than a similarly white-colored product, when maintained properly (i.e., kept clean).  I mean, there is a reason why the majority of home A/V electronic equipment (e.g., stereo receivers, flat-screen displays, disc players) are black in color, but to be fair there may be a valid argument for smaller-sized electronic equipment such as iPhones and iPods looking a bit nicer in white.

spd2demun wrote:

This is true--that is one of the main reasons car buyers choose a white-colored vehicle (vs. say, a black one)...not so much a fingerprint issue, but that white-colored products (with the possible exception of clothes) "hide" dirt and other imperfections pretty well.  However, generally speaking a black product will look exceptionally sharper than a similarly white-colored product, when maintained properly (i.e., kept clean).  I mean, there is a reason why the majority of home A/V electronic equipment (e.g., stereo receivers, flat-screen displays, disc players) are black in color, but to be fair there may be a valid argument for smaller-sized electronic equipment such as iPhones and iPods looking a bit nicer in white.

29 of 29 (313 Views)