Helpful Links

Black or White iPhone?

Master

Black or White iPhone?

How many of you Forum members prefer a white iPhone to a black one? Or the other way around?

I personally like black much better, but I have a white iPhone 3GS that I traded for on Tuesday. Liking it so far, but still wishing it was black... I'm curious because I feel somewhat like the "odd one out" white just about the only white iPhone owner amongst others in my area. I know it's simply just a color, but I know some of you have personal preferences.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 1 of 29
Professor

Re: Black or White iPhone?

hi... how are you..

i had a black Iphone 4 it was cool but kind of plain lol...so i got a Iphone 4S a black  16 GB. it was  defective so i got to exhcange it for a iphone 4S 16GB a white one.  the stands out more than the black, i had ppl ask me ohh is that the White 4S  Iphone? i say yes and smile.  

white stands out more to me. but i would like to  have the black one back also. but after a while the black got boring. 

Wild Banchi wrote:
How many of you Forum members prefer a white iPhone to a black one? Or the other way around?

I personally like black much better, but I have a white iPhone 3GS that I traded for on Tuesday. Liking it so far, but still wishing it was black... I'm curious because I feel somewhat like the "odd one out" white just about the only white iPhone owner amongst others in my area. I know it's simply just a color, but I know some of you have personal preferences.

Message 2 of 29
Master

You made some good points, graphite. I would agree that the white does stand out more.

Oh well. It's just a color.

Message 3 of 29
Scholar

I like the white. It looks clean. But I also like brighter colors over darker ones. The problem is, I have a 2 year old, so the white won't stay clean for very long...

Message 4 of 29
Mentor

I prefer black. But I also like clean industrial type stuff. Brushed metal, anodized aluminum, etc... For me white is just too.... well white. Smiley Happy

Dan

Message 5 of 29
Master

I guess that's a simple way to put it... Smiley Very Happy

I think the stainless steel band around the 4/4S looks very nice, too.

Message 6 of 29
Tutor

I love the way the white iPhone looks.. Very sleek and clean. I think being one of the only people to have a white phone in your area is kind of cool. Who wants to be like everyone else? I ordered a white one and it will be a nice change from my black 3g.

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 29
Mentor

Absolutely love my white IPhone 4s. It's different from all the black ones around and I love the way my case looks on it (would look weird if the phone was black). It's just a clean looking, pretty phone.
Message 8 of 29
Master

I went with the Black iPhone 4S. I prefer the Black color better as I watch a lot of videos on my iPhones and I think they stand out more with an all black background.
Message 9 of 29
Expert

Black for same reason, Uverse TV and movies/music vids.

Plus, it's foolish to not have a case, so outside color isn't as important, but screen area is to me. I tried a clear case on my old Touch, and ended up going back to black; even clear edges on front took away from TV watching--or perhaps I'm just too easily distracted? Smiley Very Happy
Message 10 of 29
Former Community Manager

I prefer my electronics in black instead of white. I do have decals on both my iPhone and Kindle though. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 29
Scholar

wish they would come out with a stainless steel version....silver bulletSmiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 29
Former Community Manager

I would buy that in a heartbeat. I love the stainless steel back on my iPad.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 13 of 29
Professor

napili wrote:

wish they would come out with a stainless steel version....silver bulletSmiley Very Happy

i would got the stainless steel version or a  chromed back or a hard coated plastic back in different colors, such as candy apple red,pearl white or something like wicked orange or blue or even a candy green .

Message 14 of 29
Master

graphite07 wrote:
i would got the stainless steel version or a  chromed back or a hard coated plastic back in different colors, such as candy apple red,pearl white or something like wicked orange or blue or even a candy green .

I would purchase a Navy Blue iPhone, but I don't see that happening.

Message 15 of 29
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support