Helpful Links

Black or White iPhone?

Master

Black or White iPhone?

How many of you Forum members prefer a white iPhone to a black one? Or the other way around?

I personally like black much better, but I have a white iPhone 3GS that I traded for on Tuesday. Liking it so far, but still wishing it was black... I'm curious because I feel somewhat like the "odd one out" white just about the only white iPhone owner amongst others in my area. I know it's simply just a color, but I know some of you have personal preferences.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 1 of 29
Professor

Re: Black or White iPhone?

Irish Rose wrote:

graphite07 wrote:
i would got the stainless steel version or a  chromed back or a hard coated plastic back in different colors, such as candy apple red,pearl white or something like wicked orange or blue or even a candy green .

I would purchase a Navy Blue iPhone, but I don't see that happening.

ohh i know...  i wish apple would do a different color theme. or something like  hard plastic back  scratch proof and in colors.

Message 16 of 29
Master

graphite07 wrote:

Irish Rose wrote:

graphite07 wrote:
i would got the stainless steel version or a  chromed back or a hard coated plastic back in different colors, such as candy apple red,pearl white or something like wicked orange or blue or even a candy green .

I would purchase a Navy Blue iPhone, but I don't see that happening.

ohh i know...  i wish apple would do a different color theme. or something like  hard plastic back  scratch proof and in colors.

I saw a guy on craigslist trying to sell an iPhone 4 that was custom-colored lime green. Looked very different from the traditional colors. I don't remember how he said he did it, (included it in the description) but I'm sure he tacked on some more dough to the asking price because that color change was likely not very cheap...

Scratch-proof would be very nice. Scratch-proof AND chrome would be even better.

Message 17 of 29
Scholar

I had a black 3GS and exchanged it for the white 4. I like the white. BUT I put a pink and white otter box on it and the more I look at it, the more it looks like a child's toy. :/
Message 18 of 29

You don't have to wait for Apple to come out with a line of colored iPhones. Just do a Google search on backplate housing for iPhones and you can customize your phone to the color of your choice. 

A few sites to visit: 

Here's a YouTube link on how you can easily change the backplate of your iPhone. iPhone Back Housing Replacement

You can also visit PhonePartsUSA.com if you are interested in colorizing your iPhone.

Black or White iPhone? How about both... Check out the link... Black Front/White Back iPhone

Not into colors? How about an Aluminum Backplate?

Want a colored iPhone but don't want to replace the housing/backplate of your iPhone?... Then you can do a temporary color change with Replicase. It's a snap on case that resembles the backplate of your iPhone, except it comes in colors and can easily be replaced to swap to a different color.

These are just a few of many sites that can help you to personalize your iPhone.  Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 29

More from eBay... Replicase

Message 20 of 29
Expert

Those are sharp looking! Apple should sell them.
Message 21 of 29
Contributor

I love the white! I can find it!

Message 22 of 29

I like the white I have the withe 3GS and I just got the two withe 64gb and I love it still waiting for to be ship I can't wait to see it but white is the way to go
Message 23 of 29
Master

White definitely is clean. It does attract more attention, though - not sure if that's necessarily a good thing...

Message 24 of 29
Expert

But aren't there other makers that have white now?

Message 25 of 29
Master

Yes, there are. HTC is jumping on the color choice bandwagon (EVO), and Sony Ericsson did with the release of the white Xperia X10. Rumors suspect that Samsung will join them as well.

Message 26 of 29
Scholar

defo the White one for me Smiley Wink
Message 27 of 29
Expert

I can see where white wouldn't show fingerprints as much!

Message 28 of 29
Highlighted
Guru

spd2demun wrote:

I can see where white wouldn't show fingerprints as much!

This is true--that is one of the main reasons car buyers choose a white-colored vehicle (vs. say, a black one)...not so much a fingerprint issue, but that white-colored products (with the possible exception of clothes) "hide" dirt and other imperfections pretty well.  However, generally speaking a black product will look exceptionally sharper than a similarly white-colored product, when maintained properly (i.e., kept clean).  I mean, there is a reason why the majority of home A/V electronic equipment (e.g., stereo receivers, flat-screen displays, disc players) are black in color, but to be fair there may be a valid argument for smaller-sized electronic equipment such as iPhones and iPods looking a bit nicer in white.

Message 29 of 29
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support