Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 1, 2012
7:57:40 PM
View profile
Billing on family plan
I think I am paying double for things that should be charged once under the family plan. Such as messaging plan
I think I am paying double for things that should be charged once under the family plan. Such as messaging plan

Billing on family plan

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2012 3:58:25 AM
(0)
Expert

lincoln93k wrote:

If this is your first bill it will be higher, it is pro-rated. If not look through the details of the bill. The primary line will have the full base cost on it plus any shared features like family unlimited texting, etc. data is per line so a break down of a 3 line family plan with texting and 1 smartphone would look  something like this (normal second bill, not first prorated)

Primary line - regular phone

60.00 - shared 700 voice minuted

30.00 - family unlimited texting w/ mobile to any mobile

--------

90.00 before surcharges, taxes, regualtory fees

second line - regular phone

9.99 - phone cost

??.?? - surcharges, taxes, regualtory fees

third line - smart phone

9.99 - phone cost

20.00 - dedicated data plan for smart phone

Shared costs are always added to the primary line, single line costs like data plans, family map, att navigator are added to the line they are attached to. As mentioned the fitst bill is alwys prorated so it will be higher depending on billing cycle dates, it will also include activation fees.

lincoln93k wrote:

If this is your first bill it will be higher, it is pro-rated. If not look through the details of the bill. The primary line will have the full base cost on it plus any shared features like family unlimited texting, etc. data is per line so a break down of a 3 line family plan with texting and 1 smartphone would look  something like this (normal second bill, not first prorated)

Primary line - regular phone

60.00 - shared 700 voice minuted

30.00 - family unlimited texting w/ mobile to any mobile

--------

90.00 before surcharges, taxes, regualtory fees

second line - regular phone

9.99 - phone cost

third line - smart phone

9.99 - phone cost

20.00 - dedicated data plan for smart phone

Shared costs are always added to the primary line, single line costs like data plans, family map, att navigator are added to the line they are attached to. As mentioned the fitst bill is alwys prorated so it will be higher depending on billing cycle dates, it will also include activation fees.

Re: Billing on family plan

2 of 2 (678 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments