Billing Wait Time Ridiculous - Then you Just happen to get cut off!

Contributor

Billing Wait Time Ridiculous - Then you Just happen to get cut off!

I called to cancel my home phone (which is another nightmare in itself) on 5/4/11.  It was turned off immediately, which was amazing service.

However, just got my bill for the timeframe 5/7-6/6/11 and I am still being charged for my home phone.  Called to talk to a billing rep and sat on hold for 20 minutes...of course they couldn't help me because they said my phone had never been "officially" shut off.  Yeah, it has for over a week now!  They would have to transfer me to Customer Support, which would only take on1 minute...Add another 15 minutes to my cell phone minutes and then I get cut off completely.

This is totally ridiculous!  I love my U-Verse service but the Customer Service that I've seen provided by AT&T so far really makes me so sad that I switched!

Message 1 of 2 (360 Views)
Employee

Re: Billing Wait Time Ridiculous - Then you Just happen to get cut off!

a lot of people were calling in. wait times happen, we don't do it on purpose. this past few weeks in tech support havebeen back to back calls with no breathing period in-between. as soon as I end a call I'm taking a new one. it used to be 10 to 20 minutes between calls a year ago.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (332 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.