Billing Refund

Contributor

Billing Refund

I have called 611 several times over the past few days but I can't do it again!  Each time I call I have to start over with a new front line customer service person explaining my problem.  This is the problem:  My bank made a payment in error to ATT for an incorrect $ amount.  My bank has written and faxed several letters to ATT explaining the error and asking for it to be reversed back into my account.  I don't understand why this hasn't been done. This is causing financial hardship for my family and I need help getting this resolved quickly.  Please help!

Message 1 of 6 (1,106 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: Billing Refund

I'm sorry to hear your bank made an error. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you?

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (1,096 Views)
Contributor

KZermeno wrote:

I have called 611 several times over the past few days but I can't do it again!  Each time I call I have to start over with a new front line customer service person explaining my problem.  This is the problem:  My bank made a payment in error to ATT for an incorrect $ amount.  My bank has written and faxed several letters to ATT explaining the error and asking for it to be reversed back into my account.  I don't understand why this hasn't been done. This is causing financial hardship for my family and I need help getting this resolved quickly.  Please help!

Message 3 of 6 (919 Views)
Contributor

I am having this same problem.

I have called every day for the last 12 days. I just can't do it again. I have a case # and every time I call in I give the # and I feel

that I am not getting anywhere and like I am fighting a loosing battle.

I have faxed in all documents and have gone to my bank and have had a conference call with my bank and att billings ,payments and refunds department this is my money that was a over payment and is for more than 10,000.00. my bank account is now over drawn and can not pay my bills.

This is a big problem for me

Message 4 of 6 (918 Views)
Tutor

I am VERY VERY frustrated with your "customer service professionals".... I have been dealing with them since 2011 and then recently again found that charges were on my bill that did not belong there. I have repeated my story over and over. I got a minimal refund since they "cannot see further than 3 months" although I can AND the store employee can... and when I thought we got it all fixed and I was already accepting that all the money that was STOLEN from me since 2011 was lost because I was not persistent enough, I recheck my bill again and find that the charges are BACK on there even though the store employees are the ones who replaced the SIM card into my 2 NON smartphones. Really??? I then went thru the process of calling customer service and had to repeatedly explain that they do NOT have smartphones (how many times will I have to answer that question and I speak very clear english), then I am finally told that the charges will be reversed and the changes will be reflected in my bill amount within 24 hrs. WELL, it's waaayyyy over 24 hrs.... I am a single parent working a full time job and a part time job and I do NOT have time to be calling and sitting on the phone with people who do not understand english or communicate well. So I call today on a SUNDAY the only day I have off, and am told that your system is down and they cannot see my account. She then proceeds to ask me what she can help me with and then again tells me the same old story and interrogational questions that I have repeatedly said over and over for the past few weeks. Geez people!! then tells me that she cannot help me because her computer is not pulling up my account.

so my question here is: Who is in charge of Customer Service department?? I want to go directly to that person and have them handle this. Not someone who is on the lowest rung of the corporate ladder. My contract is up in 3 weeks... YEAH!! and I am already searching for a new provider... really?? you want to lose a loyal customer who was unwilling to hand over of her hard earned money?? nice thank you ma'am...

I am willing to work thru this and get answers but until then, I will continue to talk about ATT in conversations at the huge corporation that I work with, the smaller companies that I have contract work with, and of course on facebook with my over 800 friends... YOU ARE WELCOME!! Yes, I am an overachiever and very smart and will not only tell 20 friends but more like 2000!!! who will then tell their 20 friends... HA!

Message 5 of 6 (877 Views)
Former Community Manager

billybobboy212 & lbkrn - I'm sorry you've both had such a difficult time. Will you both please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? Please include a brief summary of what led to the refund situation as well as any ticket numbers or names of individuals you worked with. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6 (865 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.