Billing Rates are not charged as promised

Tutor

Billing Rates are not charged as promised

Hi,

I recently moved to Arizona. I tool my new Iphone 4S last month.

I used the corporate plan to join AT&T. And when I tool the phone I was promised for a discount of 21-25% on my actual bill because of corporate plan.

My first Bill was generated with 6 days of purchasing the phone and Bill included all extra charges, no discuounts as per corporate plan. So I called AT&T and the executive on AT&T side manually waived off charges and adjusted the bill as per the discount and promised that next bill onwards discount will be applicable automatically.

Now after 30 days, my next bill is generated and guess what?..No discount. again same bill of 115 $ and I was supposed to get 30 $ less than that. so I called them again, this time since I am out of 30 days return policy or service cancellation, the explanation is different. Now I am told that plan which I have taken are not discountable at all. and I have to either change the plan or live with paying 115 $ a month. even changing plan as per my usage requirement is not helping. and customer care simply said sorry for mis-communication, But Sorry is not solving the issue.

Why I end up paying 30$ extra each month.

This is really not expected. I switched from another wireless service provider to AT&T for a good service.

Regards,

Shane

Message 1 of 14
Expert

Re: Billing Rates are not charged as promised

shane3005 wrote:

Hi,

I recently moved to Arizona. I tool my new Iphone 4S last month.

I used the corporate plan to join AT&T. And when I tool the phone I was promised for a discount of 21-25% on my actual bill because of corporate plan.

My first Bill was generated with 6 days of purchasing the phone and Bill included all extra charges, no discuounts as per corporate plan. So I called AT&T and the executive on AT&T side manually waived off charges and adjusted the bill as per the discount and promised that next bill onwards discount will be applicable automatically.

Now after 30 days, my next bill is generated and guess what?..No discount. again same bill of 115 $ and I was supposed to get 30 $ less than that. so I called them again, this time since I am out of 30 days return policy or service cancellation, the explanation is different. Now I am told that plan which I have taken are not discountable at all. and I have to either change the plan or live with paying 115 $ a month. even changing plan as per my usage requirement is not helping. and customer care simply said sorry for mis-communication, But Sorry is not solving the issue.

Why I end up paying 30$ extra each month.

This is really not expected. I switched from another wireless service provider to AT&T for a good service.

Regards,

Shane

it can take 2 or 3 billing cycles for the corproate discount to be applied

Message 2 of 14
Tutor

I understand that. if it takes 2-3 cycles, It would have been fine...

But AT&T is saying the plans are not discountable at all.

So, its not the matter of 2-3 cycles..

Shane

Message 3 of 14
Employee

300mb and 3gb data plans don't get discounts only the 5gb for $50
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 14
Tutor

I agree whatever is not discountable is company's offer.

The point here is while buying the new phone, what was promised is not being delivered now.

I was told that these plans are discountable and now after 45 days these are not.

Shane

Message 5 of 14
Master

Which plans do you have?  It does make a difference but without that info, it is hard to tell what is the right answer.

I can tell you that ATT will not go against corp policy regardless of what the rep said.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 6 of 14
Tutor

I have Nation Unlimited Calling plan and 3 GB Datapro.

So, is ATT different from their customer service executive and/or autohorized dealer.

Whatever information I have received earlier was by these sources.

And what ever I am getting now is the same source.

So how come now ATT is different from their rep?

As a customer what all verification you will make apart from getting the details from Autorized dealer and talking to ATT reps?

Shane

Message 7 of 14
Master

shane3005 wrote:

I have Nation Unlimited Calling plan and 3 GB Datapro.

So, is ATT different from their customer service executive and/or autohorized dealer.

Whatever information I have received earlier was by these sources.

And what ever I am getting now is the same source.

So how come now ATT is different from their rep?

As a customer what all verification you will make apart from getting the details from Autorized dealer and talking to ATT reps?

Shane

you should get a discount on the voice but I thought I was hearing that the 3GB data plans were not geting discounted under the corp discount?

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Message 8 of 14

Youngjm, the Nation Unlimited Calling Plan, and Family Talk Unlimited are not discountable.
Message 9 of 14
Tutor

Thats the kind of confusion I am also getting..

The way I am mislead, do you guys think that new employees who are coming along with me here...I will ever recommend them AT&T.... Never.

I was really surprised with this service. 

Shane

Message 10 of 14
Master

aristizzle wrote:
Youngjm, the Nation Unlimited Calling Plan, and Family Talk Unlimited are not discountable.

Thanks for the info.  

Message 11 of 14
Tutor

You are welcome...

Message 12 of 14
Tutor

I mean, you are welcome... But any solution to my issue...?

Shane

Message 13 of 14
Master

shane3005 wrote:

I mean, you are welcome... But any solution to my issue...?

Shane

Unfortunately they cannot offer the discount on a plan that is not eligible for it.  You could look at other plans that are eligible for a discount and see if it meets your needs.  Unfortunately ATT is not going to allow a reps statements to go against corporate policy.  

Message 14 of 14
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support