Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 8, 2011
5:52:13 PM
View profile
Billing Nonsense

What ATT is doing is outright theivery in my opinion.  I cancelled my service on 11/10/11, confirmed cancellation and I thought all was fine.  On 12/1, they took $$$ right our of my bank account as a prepayment.  The billing cycle was for 11/7-12/6.  I called them up thinking this must have just been a mistake, but oh no, they said they are charging me the full amount even though the phone was only in use for 3 days.  What is that!?!?!   No proration.  Just automatically take money out of my account even though I had cancelled service??  Really?   So, is it legal for them to do this?

So, to recap, they took money out of my account to pay for services I never received (27 days worth) without my consent.  Hmmm, but yeah, I think that is the definition of stealing...anyone disagree?

If ATT even looks at these posts, then please understand that I never ever want to hear from you again.  You have lost a customer for life!!!  At this point, I don't even care about the money, but the principle of this is what I care about.  Stealing is a sin and I won't ever be a party to that.

What ATT is doing is outright theivery in my opinion.  I cancelled my service on 11/10/11, confirmed cancellation and I thought all was fine.  On 12/1, they took $$$ right our of my bank account as a prepayment.  The billing cycle was for 11/7-12/6.  I called them up thinking this must have just been a mistake, but oh no, they said they are charging me the full amount even though the phone was only in use for 3 days.  What is that!?!?!   No proration.  Just automatically take money out of my account even though I had cancelled service??  Really?   So, is it legal for them to do this?

So, to recap, they took money out of my account to pay for services I never received (27 days worth) without my consent.  Hmmm, but yeah, I think that is the definition of stealing...anyone disagree?

If ATT even looks at these posts, then please understand that I never ever want to hear from you again.  You have lost a customer for life!!!  At this point, I don't even care about the money, but the principle of this is what I care about.  Stealing is a sin and I won't ever be a party to that.

Billing Nonsense

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2011 9:08:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
IF you had read your terms of service, it plainly states that AT&T will NOT prorate final month's service (as in the terms of service of almost all of the wireless providers). You should have cancelled 3 days sooner.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
IF you had read your terms of service, it plainly states that AT&T will NOT prorate final month's service (as in the terms of service of almost all of the wireless providers). You should have cancelled 3 days sooner.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Billing Nonsense

2 of 3 (179 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 12:33:34 AM
(0)
Guru

kdfederer wrote:

This.

kdfederer wrote:

This.

http://forums.att.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/5647i42265AB3AEBCB54D/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Re: Billing Nonsense

3 of 3 (176 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments