Billing Nonsense

Contributor

Billing Nonsense

What ATT is doing is outright theivery in my opinion.  I cancelled my service on 11/10/11, confirmed cancellation and I thought all was fine.  On 12/1, they took $$$ right our of my bank account as a prepayment.  The billing cycle was for 11/7-12/6.  I called them up thinking this must have just been a mistake, but oh no, they said they are charging me the full amount even though the phone was only in use for 3 days.  What is that!?!?!   No proration.  Just automatically take money out of my account even though I had cancelled service??  Really?   So, is it legal for them to do this?

So, to recap, they took money out of my account to pay for services I never received (27 days worth) without my consent.  Hmmm, but yeah, I think that is the definition of stealing...anyone disagree?

If ATT even looks at these posts, then please understand that I never ever want to hear from you again.  You have lost a customer for life!!!  At this point, I don't even care about the money, but the principle of this is what I care about.  Stealing is a sin and I won't ever be a party to that.

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Billing Nonsense

IF you had read your terms of service, it plainly states that AT&T will NOT prorate final month's service (as in the terms of service of almost all of the wireless providers). You should have cancelled 3 days sooner.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3

Re: Billing Nonsense

kdfederer wrote:
IF you had read your terms of service, it plainly states that AT&T will NOT prorate final month's service (as in the terms of service of almost all of the wireless providers). You should have cancelled 3 days sooner.

This.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support