Billing Cycle Question (Relating to Data Plans)

Billing Cycle Question (Relating to Data Plans)

Hello ATT community,

I have a quick question regarding the billing cycle that I need to address. Next month I am going to be going off on vacation and I'm going to upgrade my data plan on my iPhone 4 to the 3GB plan for that month (July 2012) only. My current billing cycle ends on June 25 (starts on June 26) and I was wondering when I should make the change online so it would apply for the month of July (billing cycle of June 26-July 25) and I won't be charged any random fees and/or it won't apply for this month's bill (current biling cycle).

Also, I would also like to know when I should go back to my 200MB plan (if possible - if not, then the 300MB plan) so I don't get charged for the 3GB plan for another billing cycle.

Thanks and regards!

Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: Billing Cycle Question (Relating to Data Plans)

You can make it during the billing period before you need it.  If I recall corectly, it will ask you when you would like to make the change effective and you can then tell it to be the start of your next billing cycle.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 5
Master

If that does not work, call ATT and the rep can make change effective when you want it to be.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 3 of 5
Mentor

The smartphones require a $30 data plan or higher,  if you drop the $20 300mb or 200mb whatever you have, I don't think that you can go back to your original plan.

Message 4 of 5
Scholar

mejoey1 wrote:

The smartphones require a $30 data plan or higher,  if you drop the $20 300mb or 200mb whatever you have, I don't think that you can go back to your original plan.

Smartphones require a qualifying data plan.  The $20 300 MB data plan IS a qualifying data plan for smartphones.  You would lose the $15 200 MB plan (as it's no longer available) but could still switch back to the 300 MB plan. 

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support