Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 27, 2012
10:51:34 AM
Billing Cycle Question (Relating to Data Plans)
Edited by Aznboy1993 on May 27, 2012 at 10:52:02 AM

Hello ATT community,

I have a quick question regarding the billing cycle that I need to address. Next month I am going to be going off on vacation and I'm going to upgrade my data plan on my iPhone 4 to the 3GB plan for that month (July 2012) only. My current billing cycle ends on June 25 (starts on June 26) and I was wondering when I should make the change online so it would apply for the month of July (billing cycle of June 26-July 25) and I won't be charged any random fees and/or it won't apply for this month's bill (current biling cycle).

Also, I would also like to know when I should go back to my 200MB plan (if possible - if not, then the 300MB plan) so I don't get charged for the 3GB plan for another billing cycle.

Thanks and regards!

Smiley Happy

Hello ATT community,

I have a quick question regarding the billing cycle that I need to address. Next month I am going to be going off on vacation and I'm going to upgrade my data plan on my iPhone 4 to the 3GB plan for that month (July 2012) only. My current billing cycle ends on June 25 (starts on June 26) and I was wondering when I should make the change online so it would apply for the month of July (billing cycle of June 26-July 25) and I won't be charged any random fees and/or it won't apply for this month's bill (current biling cycle).

Also, I would also like to know when I should go back to my 200MB plan (if possible - if not, then the 300MB plan) so I don't get charged for the 3GB plan for another billing cycle.

Thanks and regards!

Smiley Happy

Billing Cycle Question (Relating to Data Plans)

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2012 7:02:19 PM
(0)
Master

You can make it during the billing period before you need it.  If I recall corectly, it will ask you when you would like to make the change effective and you can then tell it to be the start of your next billing cycle.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

You can make it during the billing period before you need it.  If I recall corectly, it will ask you when you would like to make the change effective and you can then tell it to be the start of your next billing cycle.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Billing Cycle Question (Relating to Data Plans)

2 of 5 (1,024 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2012 7:02:50 PM
(0)
Master

If that does not work, call ATT and the rep can make change effective when you want it to be.

If that does not work, call ATT and the rep can make change effective when you want it to be.

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

3 of 5 (1,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2012 9:41:25 PM
(0)
Mentor

The smartphones require a $30 data plan or higher,  if you drop the $20 300mb or 200mb whatever you have, I don't think that you can go back to your original plan.

The smartphones require a $30 data plan or higher,  if you drop the $20 300mb or 200mb whatever you have, I don't think that you can go back to your original plan.

4 of 5 (1,006 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2012 12:56:33 PM
(0)
Scholar

mejoey1 wrote:

Smartphones require a qualifying data plan.  The $20 300 MB data plan IS a qualifying data plan for smartphones.  You would lose the $15 200 MB plan (as it's no longer available) but could still switch back to the 300 MB plan. 

mejoey1 wrote:

Smartphones require a qualifying data plan.  The $20 300 MB data plan IS a qualifying data plan for smartphones.  You would lose the $15 200 MB plan (as it's no longer available) but could still switch back to the 300 MB plan. 

5 of 5 (983 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments