Billing Cycle - How Much Data Did you use?

Billing Cycle - How Much Data Did you use?

[ Edited ]

im just wondering to try to find out if 2GB will be enough data for me - i was a HEAVY iphone 3 user until it cracked and i took data away.

I used apps everyday - before school/ in school/ after school 

i used maps picture messaging mail aim and everything the iphone had to offer

how much did you use while on 3g and how much data did you use?

Message 1 of 18 (2,028 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Billing Cycle - How Much Data Did you use?

I think the key is, do you have wifi available where you will burn the bulk of your data, leaving the 3G for those times when you truely are mobile?

Me? I'm in a wifi cloud. Home, work, and even just out and about (starbucks, they're freaking everywhere) it seems I can get wifi. So I leave wifi on all the time, and the iP4 goes all day, and mostly is connected to wifi.

I do all that amazing stuff the guy above does, but I use a trickle of 3G data (not even 50MB so far in about a half month, on a 2GB plan) because most of the use is wifi.

Do I NEED to use 3G to watch you tube in the crapper @ home? No, not really Smiley Wink

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 18 (1,106 Views)
Scholar

johninsj wrote:

I think the key is, do you have wifi available where you will burn the bulk of your data, leaving the 3G for those times when you truely are mobile?

Me? I'm in a wifi cloud. Home, work, and even just out and about (starbucks, they're freaking everywhere) it seems I can get wifi. So I leave wifi on all the time, and the iP4 goes all day, and mostly is connected to wifi.

I do all that amazing stuff the guy above does, but I use a trickle of 3G data (not even 50MB so far in about a half month, on a 2GB plan) because most of the use is wifi.

Do I NEED to use 3G to watch you tube in the crapper @ home? No, not really Smiley Wink

hahaha thats hilarious. personally i dont like sitting there very long. but im very surprised because i was complaining about only having 2gb of data and now it looks like it wont even be a problem for me if i use 3g about 90% of the time. Smiley Happy 

Message 17 of 18 (1,091 Views)

GeekBoy wrote:

I saw a little of that for a while, but then I followed the instructions on resetting the warnings on my phone and then selected to not share the diagnostic data with Apple.  I still see some small data transfers in the middle of the night, but IIRC, they've all been less than 20Kb, and could easily be push notices, since I do get emails in at about that time.

Now, for a little clarifiacation, I use my phone quite a bit, but I don't to on-line games, and I don't even do Facebook.  I do Twitter, and I have about 25-30 email accounts sync to my phone.  Other than that,  most of my apps all work with local data stores that I tend to populate while on wifi.  I use my iPod for music, so I don't incur large data usage for Pandora.  I use Skype, but normally only when on wifi.  My office location is in a poor reception area for AT&T so wifi is much more reliable for me.

i read to do that somewhere last night and thought i would try it. woke up early this morning to find yet another huge transfer of data added sometime last night. - nothing is even on the iphone currently but one game. Email is not hooked up, factory settings are applied and there is only one application that does not have push notifications.

Message 18 of 18 (1,063 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.