Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 1, 2011
6:38:08 PM
View profile
Bill payed automatically just from logging in
Edited by scoobydoo on Jun 1, 2011 at 7:01:25 PM

Title says it all. I logged onto my account to pay my bill when I noticed that a $20 outstanding charge was showing past due. I spoke to customer service last month and it was suppose to be credited. I knew I was going to have to call ATT so I shut the browser down and moved onto some other bills. When I logged back onto ATT later the first page that popped up was a payment confirmation page. About a second latter I received an email confirmation of payment. I never authorized payment and I'm not on autopay. I never went past the first account page.

What The [word filter evasion]

I really want a good explanation on how this can happen. The bill was not even due for 5 more days. Can ATT automatically process a payment because it showed $20 past due just for logging onto your account?

Title says it all. I logged onto my account to pay my bill when I noticed that a $20 outstanding charge was showing past due. I spoke to customer service last month and it was suppose to be credited. I knew I was going to have to call ATT so I shut the browser down and moved onto some other bills. When I logged back onto ATT later the first page that popped up was a payment confirmation page. About a second latter I received an email confirmation of payment. I never authorized payment and I'm not on autopay. I never went past the first account page.

What The [word filter evasion]

I really want a good explanation on how this can happen. The bill was not even due for 5 more days. Can ATT automatically process a payment because it showed $20 past due just for logging onto your account?

Bill payed automatically just from logging in

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2011 3:05:46 AM
(0)
Employee
there's no way unless someone clicked on a submit payment button. and if this was an issue it would have happened to a lot more people and would have been all over work today.
there's no way unless someone clicked on a submit payment button. and if this was an issue it would have happened to a lot more people and would have been all over work today.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Bill payed automatically just from logging in

2 of 3 (186 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2011 12:20:53 PM
(0)
Scholar
1) When AT&T credits you, they tell you that it can be quite a few days before the credit shows up online, may not even show up online until you get your bill.

2)You had to do something to get to the payment page and inadvertently clicked on it.
1) When AT&T credits you, they tell you that it can be quite a few days before the credit shows up online, may not even show up online until you get your bill.

2)You had to do something to get to the payment page and inadvertently clicked on it.

Re: Bill payed automatically just from logging in

3 of 3 (145 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments