Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 13, 2011
8:00:05 AM
Bill dispute

I have called ATT 3 times and spent over an hour dealing with this billing issues.  I have been told that I will get credits to my account but they never appear.  at this point my acct. is overdue and I will not pay until I get these things resolved.  My sons acct. keeps being charged with things that he has not ordered such as mobile health alerts.  I have been told that a block was placed on all 5 phones in our plan so that these bogus things can not be downloaded but that apparently has not happened since he has new downloads this month.  I would prefer a supervisor call me who can make the appropriate adjustments to my account so I can pay my bill. 

I have called ATT 3 times and spent over an hour dealing with this billing issues.  I have been told that I will get credits to my account but they never appear.  at this point my acct. is overdue and I will not pay until I get these things resolved.  My sons acct. keeps being charged with things that he has not ordered such as mobile health alerts.  I have been told that a block was placed on all 5 phones in our plan so that these bogus things can not be downloaded but that apparently has not happened since he has new downloads this month.  I would prefer a supervisor call me who can make the appropriate adjustments to my account so I can pay my bill. 

Bill dispute

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2011 1:09:00 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Bill dispute

2 of 9 (1,698 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 8:45:24 PM
(0)
Scholar

several att support lied to me also no credit ever posted and no call back ever their solution is that they claimed they solved my issues and case closed

I am left wondering?!

several att support lied to me also no credit ever posted and no call back ever their solution is that they claimed they solved my issues and case closed

I am left wondering?!

3 of 9 (1,648 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2011 5:14:24 AM
(0)
Employee
You can review any and all direct bill charges for his line at www.att.com/db because of the way these charges are billed, sometimes your bill can look like it wasn't fixed even when it was. For example, let's say your bill is 200.00 and 20 of that is for these type of charges. So you call into care. Care cancels the sub and refunds the charges. Keep in mind, these types of charges renew on a cycle date that is not consistent with your att cycle dates, so let's say that the subscription renewed. You haven't seen these charges on your bill yet, but the care rep can. When the care rep issues an adjustment, a total of 40.00 is credited. 20 for the charges you have seen, and 20 for the charges you haven't seen.so when you pay your bill, you pay 160. On your next bill you will still see the 20 charge, cause it was refunded out of the last months bill. The website I mentioned will verify and confirm that the sub scripting are cancelled and charges were refunded. I hope this helps.
You can review any and all direct bill charges for his line at www.att.com/db because of the way these charges are billed, sometimes your bill can look like it wasn't fixed even when it was. For example, let's say your bill is 200.00 and 20 of that is for these type of charges. So you call into care. Care cancels the sub and refunds the charges. Keep in mind, these types of charges renew on a cycle date that is not consistent with your att cycle dates, so let's say that the subscription renewed. You haven't seen these charges on your bill yet, but the care rep can. When the care rep issues an adjustment, a total of 40.00 is credited. 20 for the charges you have seen, and 20 for the charges you haven't seen.so when you pay your bill, you pay 160. On your next bill you will still see the 20 charge, cause it was refunded out of the last months bill. The website I mentioned will verify and confirm that the sub scripting are cancelled and charges were refunded. I hope this helps.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 9 (1,641 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2011 8:29:04 AM
(0)
Tutor

I feel your pain.. I have the same issue, I think it is standard practice for AT&T not to correct it. Hoping you will get frustrated and just pay it. Along with "supervisor will call you within 48 hours" this means I am hanging up on you and not doing anything...

I feel your pain.. I have the same issue, I think it is standard practice for AT&T not to correct it. Hoping you will get frustrated and just pay it. Along with "supervisor will call you within 48 hours" this means I am hanging up on you and not doing anything...

5 of 9 (1,598 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2011 12:30:50 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

sandude67 wrote:

Sorry you're having a billing issue as well. If you will please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you; I will ask a member of our team to give you a call to review your bill and make any necessary corrections. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

sandude67 wrote:

Sorry you're having a billing issue as well. If you will please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you; I will ask a member of our team to give you a call to review your bill and make any necessary corrections. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

6 of 9 (1,541 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 7:29:22 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Moved for better exposure
--------------

7 of 9 (1,449 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2012 12:58:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am where you are, I have called att 9 times to correct a billing issue that began 8-16-10. Every time they pass me along to three other people, and at the end it becomes a supervisor will contact you  in 24 to 48 which is crap nobody calls. Then I get a letter saying they will send me to collections. I am about to file a complaint with the better business bureau.

I am where you are, I have called att 9 times to correct a billing issue that began 8-16-10. Every time they pass me along to three other people, and at the end it becomes a supervisor will contact you  in 24 to 48 which is crap nobody calls. Then I get a letter saying they will send me to collections. I am about to file a complaint with the better business bureau.

8 of 9 (1,267 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2012 1:35:28 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

andieneu wrote:

I'm very sorry to hear you've been promised 9 callbacks and not received any. That is very disappointing. 

If you will please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you; I will have someone call you directly to assist with your billing issue. 

--------------

andieneu wrote:

I'm very sorry to hear you've been promised 9 callbacks and not received any. That is very disappointing. 

If you will please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you; I will have someone call you directly to assist with your billing issue. 

--------------

9 of 9 (1,259 Views)