Being charged for data usage /w Unlimited Data Plan

Contributor

Being charged for data usage /w Unlimited Data Plan

Hi, I have a simple question here that I hope someone can answer.

I was just looking at some of my recent phone bills on my iPhone and I noticed that I have been getting $20-30 usage charges for my data plan over the last few months. The thing I don't understand is why exactly am I getting these charges when I have an unlimited ($30/mnth) data plan on my iPhone? Is there something I'm missing here?

Message 1 of 7
Expert

Re: Being charged for data usage /w Unlimited Data Plan

ScruffMcGruff wrote:

Hi, I have a simple question here that I hope someone can answer.

I was just looking at some of my recent phone bills on my iPhone and I noticed that I have been getting $20-30 usage charges for my data plan over the last few months. The thing I don't understand is why exactly am I getting these charges when I have an unlimited ($30/mnth) data plan on my iPhone? Is there something I'm missing here?

what exactly are the charges for? If they are for data usage while roaming, I don't beleive those are covered by unlimited data, turn off roaming in the phones profile settings

Message 2 of 7
Master

And hopefully you are not getting charged for tethering either. They seem to be clamping down on people who are tethering their data connection to another computer.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Expert

Ann154 wrote:
And hopefully you are not getting charged for tethering either. They seem to be clamping down on people who are tethering their data connection to another computer.

he would have lost the unlimited plan if that was occuring, and he should have gotten a warning text / email first

Message 4 of 7
Scholar

check the bill closely, if there are charges on an unl internet plann 99% times its fringe roaming either canada or mexico. what state are you in and are you living near a international border?

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 7
Contributor

I live in central Illinois. As far as roaming goes, the option is turned off in my settings on my iPhone. 

Also, I have double checked my bill on AT&Ts website (specifically the area that breaks down your bill by what dollar amount is alloted to what charge) and the overage says its specfically for data usage. I have been thinking for a while that I'm overlooking something simple, but its starting to seem like I'm being billed incorrectly. I might have to give AT&T a call =(

Message 6 of 7
Expert

ScruffMcGruff wrote:

I live in central Illinois. As far as roaming goes, the option is turned off in my settings on my iPhone. 

Also, I have double checked my bill on AT&Ts website (specifically the area that breaks down your bill by what dollar amount is alloted to what charge) and the overage says its specfically for data usage. I have been thinking for a while that I'm overlooking something simple, but its starting to seem like I'm being billed incorrectly. I might have to give AT&T a call =(

no might about it - you do, no assistance on the forums available

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support