Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 24, 2010
7:18:09 AM
View profile
Battery for Backflip
Edited by creinha on May 24, 2010 at 7:19:09 AM

I bought my Backflip when it was first released.  My battery never lasts more than a day and sometimes not even a day.  I really am not a heavy user either.  I got a battery replacement and I'm still lucky if it lasts a day.

I installed the Advanced Task Killer software and I always stop all the applications I don't need and I even changed the settings to "Battery Saver."

Is this normal for the Backflips battery life?  Is there something else I can do?

I bought my Backflip when it was first released.  My battery never lasts more than a day and sometimes not even a day.  I really am not a heavy user either.  I got a battery replacement and I'm still lucky if it lasts a day.

I installed the Advanced Task Killer software and I always stop all the applications I don't need and I even changed the settings to "Battery Saver."

Is this normal for the Backflips battery life?  Is there something else I can do?

Battery for Backflip

[ Edited ]
8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2010 12:55:29 PM
(0)
Teacher

Please... can anyone tell me about their experience with battery life on their Backflip?

Please... can anyone tell me about their experience with battery life on their Backflip?

Re: Battery for Backflip

2 of 9 (3,205 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 26, 2010 9:23:00 PM
(0)
Teacher

It is normal.  Mine is off approximately 7 1/2 hours Monday through friday while I work and by 10 I'm down to about 25%.  Very poor battery life.  I'm actually on my 2nd phone and 2nd battery. 

It is normal.  Mine is off approximately 7 1/2 hours Monday through friday while I work and by 10 I'm down to about 25%.  Very poor battery life.  I'm actually on my 2nd phone and 2nd battery. 

3 of 9 (3,155 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2010 7:39:49 AM
(0)
Tutor

It is normal for a phone out of the box to have terrible battery life.  However, if you perform a factory reset, the battery will last MUCH longer.  I have confirmed this with 3 Backflips.  I can go 3 days without charging if I'm not messing around on the internet with it.

Hope this helps,

Jon

P.S.  The reset I was doing involved holding the power and camera buttons until it tells you to release the camera button.  I don't have a link handy, but do a search and you'll find it.

It is normal for a phone out of the box to have terrible battery life.  However, if you perform a factory reset, the battery will last MUCH longer.  I have confirmed this with 3 Backflips.  I can go 3 days without charging if I'm not messing around on the internet with it.

Hope this helps,

Jon

P.S.  The reset I was doing involved holding the power and camera buttons until it tells you to release the camera button.  I don't have a link handy, but do a search and you'll find it.

4 of 9 (3,141 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2010 4:56:27 AM
(0)
Tutor

Disabling wireless / GPS / bluetooth will help conserve battery power. You can do this by unlocking the screen then holding the lock button until a menu pops up. Airplane mode disables your connection to your provider, just in case you were wondering.

Disabling wireless / GPS / bluetooth will help conserve battery power. You can do this by unlocking the screen then holding the lock button until a menu pops up. Airplane mode disables your connection to your provider, just in case you were wondering.

5 of 9 (3,065 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2010 6:21:02 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by RiotGirrrl on May 31, 2010 at 6:22:25 AM

Smiley Very Happy

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Smiley Very Happy

[ Edited ]
6 of 9 (3,059 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2010 8:40:38 PM
(0)
Contributor
task killer is actually really bad.remove it.get the extended battery for the backflip.thats what ive done.couldnt be happier cuz now battery lasts longer. its expensive but worth it
task killer is actually really bad.remove it.get the extended battery for the backflip.thats what ive done.couldnt be happier cuz now battery lasts longer. its expensive but worth it

7 of 9 (2,887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2010 9:45:57 AM
(0)
Teacher

Why is the task killer bad?

Why is the task killer bad?

8 of 9 (2,865 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2010 9:52:10 AM
(0)
Teacher

Can you tell me the model number for the extended battery for you Backflip?  I can't locate one on-line.

Can you tell me the model number for the extended battery for you Backflip?  I can't locate one on-line.

9 of 9 (2,864 Views)