Battery Life Suddenly Dropping

Battery Life Suddenly Dropping

So, yesterday I noticed that my LG Quantum's battery drained much more quickly than normal; I started the day around 6:00 AM with 100%. By 5:00 PM the battery was in conservation mode. Very unusual.

I rebooted the phone--which I pretty much NEVER have to do--before hooking it up to charge again for the night, figuring that would clear up the problem.

Unfortunately, I've experienced the same thing today--despite using the phone way less than I did yesterday. I started at 100% around 7:00 AM, and by 4:00 PM the battery was down to maybe 10% - 15%.

I'm really not sure how to go about troubleshooting this. How do I find the culprit? I update my apps pretty regularly (not installing new ones--updating existing ones), and I'm sure that on Thursday and Friday there were a couple that got updated. But I surely can't recall which ones, so I can't tie the performance change to a specific update.

I'm stumped. Any advice?

Message 1 of 6
Mentor

Re: Battery Life Suddenly Dropping

are there any new apps you've installed recently, ones that might be running in the background?  check for that in your settings.

Hank

Message 2 of 6

No new apps that I can recall, but as I mentioned I've updated several apps. I just don't recall which ones.

How can I view what might be running in the background?

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Mentor

Hey if you are connected to a MicroCell this has been known to drain battery if you have cell data turned on with some phones like the Samsung Focus.

Message 4 of 6
Mentor

Settings \ applications \ background tasks

there you will see a list of tasks and their background status which you can toggle off or on.

Message 5 of 6

mrpither wrote:

Settings \ applications \ background tasks

there you will see a list of tasks and their background status which you can toggle off or on.

Ah--thanks! I've never messed with that. It lists only four apps allowed to run in the background--gMaps, iHeartRadio, Network Dashboard, and Weather. I'm going to play with these and see what effect it has. The only two of those that I think have been updated recently are gMaps and iHeartRadio. I'm pretty sure the other two haven't been updated recently.

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support