Battery Life Suddenly Dropping

Battery Life Suddenly Dropping

So, yesterday I noticed that my LG Quantum's battery drained much more quickly than normal; I started the day around 6:00 AM with 100%. By 5:00 PM the battery was in conservation mode. Very unusual.

I rebooted the phone--which I pretty much NEVER have to do--before hooking it up to charge again for the night, figuring that would clear up the problem.

Unfortunately, I've experienced the same thing today--despite using the phone way less than I did yesterday. I started at 100% around 7:00 AM, and by 4:00 PM the battery was down to maybe 10% - 15%.

I'm really not sure how to go about troubleshooting this. How do I find the culprit? I update my apps pretty regularly (not installing new ones--updating existing ones), and I'm sure that on Thursday and Friday there were a couple that got updated. But I surely can't recall which ones, so I can't tie the performance change to a specific update.

I'm stumped. Any advice?

Message 1 of 6 (655 Views)
Mentor

Re: Battery Life Suddenly Dropping

[ Edited ]

are there any new apps you've installed recently, ones that might be running in the background?  check for that in your settings.

Hank

Message 2 of 6 (647 Views)

No new apps that I can recall, but as I mentioned I've updated several apps. I just don't recall which ones.

How can I view what might be running in the background?

Message 3 of 6 (642 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Hey if you are connected to a MicroCell this has been known to drain battery if you have cell data turned on with some phones like the Samsung Focus.

Message 4 of 6 (640 Views)
Mentor

Settings \ applications \ background tasks

there you will see a list of tasks and their background status which you can toggle off or on.

Message 5 of 6 (632 Views)

mrpither wrote:

Settings \ applications \ background tasks

there you will see a list of tasks and their background status which you can toggle off or on.

Ah--thanks! I've never messed with that. It lists only four apps allowed to run in the background--gMaps, iHeartRadio, Network Dashboard, and Weather. I'm going to play with these and see what effect it has. The only two of those that I think have been updated recently are gMaps and iHeartRadio. I'm pretty sure the other two haven't been updated recently.

Message 6 of 6 (627 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support