Battery Life BB 8900

Highlighted
Teacher

Battery Life BB 8900

I have a new 8900 that seems to have an issue with battery life.  I have tried a different battery and have turned off wifi and bluetooth.  The battery only seems to last about 4 hours after regular telephone calls and emails.  Turning the brightness down seems to help a bit but I must still charge it at least twice a day.  Any thoughts?  A coworker has the same phone but does not have the same issue, he can get about two days of battery life.

Thanks,

Ryan

Message 1 of 8
Guru

Re: Battery Life BB 8900

Check your applications to see if you have something else running in the background. Google Maps, perhaps?

If not maybe it needs to be replaced. 

Bill J

Message 2 of 8
Scholar

rme8494 wrote:

I have a new 8900 that seems to have an issue with battery life.  I have tried a different battery and have turned off wifi and bluetooth.  The battery only seems to last about 4 hours after regular telephone calls and emails.  Turning the brightness down seems to help a bit but I must still charge it at least twice a day.  Any thoughts?  A coworker has the same phone but does not have the same issue, he can get about two days of battery life.

Thanks,

Ryan

What os are you running. Perhaps try upgrading to .250 if you can? Also are you running berryweather? I have the trial and to me, my battery life is somewhat worse.
Message 3 of 8
Tutor

Same here.  I'm new to using a BB and have had my 8900 for about a week and must charge it at least twice a day.  I initial had WiFi on but turned it off.  I've also been trying to restrict what apps I have running.  Is there a correct way to close an app after I'm done with it?  I know with my old Samsung BlackJack (with Windows Mobile) I could go to the Task Manager and shut down apps.  I have using the "close" option instead of just escaping out of an app.

I really do love my BB 8900, and can't believe how much more it has helped me perform at work, but if the battery is going to be an issue, I want to get it resolved quickly.

Message 4 of 8
Master

The battery life on the BB 8900 that I traded in for the Bold was awesome. I was getting four days out of one charge, sometimes only three, when I talked more, or used any of the data applications........
Message 5 of 8
Teacher

Guys,

Thank you for all the replies.  Strangely enough it was Scrabble running in the background that was causing the battery drain.  I'm not sure what it was doing but after discovering that it was running turning it off made all the difference in the world. 

Ryan 

Message 6 of 8
Master

rme8494 wrote:

Guys,

Thank you for all the replies.  Strangely enough it was Scrabble running in the background that was causing the battery drain.  I'm not sure what it was doing but after discovering that it was running turning it off made all the difference in the world. 

Ryan 

This makes sense, as all of those programs that are kept running in the background are pulling resources from your battery, and thus causing it to drain more quickly......

Message 7 of 8
Mentor

this was happening to me too.  i thought my husband configured the wi-fi but he didn't.  so the wi-fi was on and searching for a signal but never connecting.  was draining the battery fast.  also had a speed issue one day and found out that if you pull the battery while the phone is on, it resets everything.  takes a minute to boot back up but made a world of a difference.  
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support