Bad credit but purchased phones outright, can I start lines without a contract?

Bad credit but purchased phones outright, can I start lines without a contract?

I made quite a few mistakes just getting out of high school, and have bad credit, and now paying the price. I am wondering, since I own two iPhone 4s that were purchased outright, can I start a no-contract line of service with AT&T? Since I am not planning on using any subsidies with AT&T, just need them for service, and they are the only ones with 3G....pretty much some type of prepaid solution, that doesn't involve overages (like what T-Mobile used to have)

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Professor

Re: Bad credit but purchased phones outright, can I start lines without a contract?

Hi redlightgreenar.

Welcome to the forums!

Im afraid that AT&T does not officially support the iPhone (all models) for use on the prepaid network.

Although you have bought the two devices, you would still need a contract to use the devices to their full potential. Smiley Wink
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Professor

Re: Bad credit but purchased phones outright, can I start lines without a contract?

You can try to sign up for postpaid service.  Since you are bringing your own equipment, maybe the requirements are different.

Postpaid service is available on a month-to-month basis without a contract.

Message 3 of 5
Employee

Even if using postpaid with no contract they do a credit check
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

A $500 deposit will waive the credit check.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support