Bad credit but purchased phones outright, can I start lines without a contract?

Bad credit but purchased phones outright, can I start lines without a contract?

I made quite a few mistakes just getting out of high school, and have bad credit, and now paying the price. I am wondering, since I own two iPhone 4s that were purchased outright, can I start a no-contract line of service with AT&T? Since I am not planning on using any subsidies with AT&T, just need them for service, and they are the only ones with 3G....pretty much some type of prepaid solution, that doesn't involve overages (like what T-Mobile used to have)

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Professor

Re: Bad credit but purchased phones outright, can I start lines without a contract?

Hi redlightgreenar.

Welcome to the forums!

Im afraid that AT&T does not officially support the iPhone (all models) for use on the prepaid network.

Although you have bought the two devices, you would still need a contract to use the devices to their full potential. Smiley Wink
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Professor

Re: Bad credit but purchased phones outright, can I start lines without a contract?

You can try to sign up for postpaid service.  Since you are bringing your own equipment, maybe the requirements are different.

Postpaid service is available on a month-to-month basis without a contract.

Message 3 of 5
Employee

Even if using postpaid with no contract they do a credit check
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

A $500 deposit will waive the credit check.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support