Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 16, 2010
5:52:00 AM
View profile
Backing up data on HTC Aria

I updated my phone but had a problem getting the old data installed. I probably didn't back yup the phone data correctly.  How do you back up your data?

I updated my phone but had a problem getting the old data installed. I probably didn't back yup the phone data correctly.  How do you back up your data?

Backing up data on HTC Aria

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2010 7:12:33 AM
(0)
Guru

Could you be a little more specific? How did you 'update' your phone? How did you 'backup' the phone data? Also, have you downloaded & saved the 207 page manual for the Aria. It has lots of useful information.

Could you be a little more specific? How did you 'update' your phone? How did you 'backup' the phone data? Also, have you downloaded & saved the 207 page manual for the Aria. It has lots of useful information.

Re: Backing up data on HTC Aria

2 of 6 (2,266 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2010 10:50:37 AM
(0)
Explorer

I updated the ROM with the latest update.  That went well, no problem.

Before the update I copied the phones data to my computer via the USB; the phone drive and folders since th update indicated that it would erase all the data not on my SIM or SD card.

After the update of the ROM I had a problem finding the right items to download into the phone, so I reinstalled all the information.

I have downloaded the Aria pdf for the manual but that did not give more specific instructions.

I have had no problems with personalizing the phone and think it is a great phone for my purposes.

I updated the ROM with the latest update.  That went well, no problem.

Before the update I copied the phones data to my computer via the USB; the phone drive and folders since th update indicated that it would erase all the data not on my SIM or SD card.

After the update of the ROM I had a problem finding the right items to download into the phone, so I reinstalled all the information.

I have downloaded the Aria pdf for the manual but that did not give more specific instructions.

I have had no problems with personalizing the phone and think it is a great phone for my purposes.

3 of 6 (2,227 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2011 5:50:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

I would also like to know how to do this.

I would also like to know how to do this.

4 of 6 (757 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2011 5:52:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

was the update worth all that trouble?

was the update worth all that trouble?

5 of 6 (755 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2011 5:05:16 AM
(0)
Employee
you can't access phone memory without rooting. everything you see on your PC when conbcted via USB is the SD card.
you can't access phone memory without rooting. everything you see on your PC when conbcted via USB is the SD card.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (738 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments