Backflip - Android 2.x - what's the word?

Tutor

Backflip - Android 2.x - what's the word?

Has anyone heard any chatter about the 2.x release?  The option to eventually upgrade helped sell me on paying the extra $30 per month for data to have the Backflip.  I already pay a ton for my 5 phone family plan.

Given the issues between Google and Apple and AT&T/Yahoo (that's an ugly love triangle) I'm starting to get concerned that AT&T won't honor the promise.

Message 1 of 16
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: Backflip - Android 2.x - what's the word?

sure the aria is getting 2.1 but i hear its only a 600mhz processor. so thats already slow compared to other phones on the market. its a small step in the right direction, but its definitely not something that anybody should be applauding. Think, is 600mhz going to be fast enough for 2 years of innovation, will i regret not waiting another month or so for something with a 1.0ghz or higher. there are phones coming out on other carriers in the near future with 1.2 and even rumored 1.5ghz. I believe it was samsung that stated they wanted to make a 2.0ghz phone by years end, will it happen, probably not, but dont be so excited for something so mediocre. Show at&t that we are a serious android fan base and we are serious about wanting a good android phone, not something that has similar stats to a phone thats been out for over a year now

Message 16 of 16
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support