Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 3, 2011
9:12:55 PM
View profile
Backdoor rate hike (FAN altered)

Been a customer for about 11 years, starting out on the original AT&T and then over 5 years on Cingular.   During this 5 years my FAN discount has been essentially unchanged, applying to my monthly voice and data plans.

A couple of months ago AT&T helped themselves to a rate hike by applying the FAN to voice plan only. No notification or documentation; just a bigger bill.   I've only had the FAN in place for both voice and data for about 4.5 years. 

What AT&T seems not to understand is the customer IS sensitive to price.  In this day of all manner of competition out there and several other telcos wanting to sell me more for less, why should I put up with this? They may very well lose an account that might go another few years if they didn't rock the boat with this sort of garbage.  Oh they may keep it but get only $10/mo on prepaid instead of multiples of that on postpaid. 

Been a customer for about 11 years, starting out on the original AT&T and then over 5 years on Cingular.   During this 5 years my FAN discount has been essentially unchanged, applying to my monthly voice and data plans.

A couple of months ago AT&T helped themselves to a rate hike by applying the FAN to voice plan only. No notification or documentation; just a bigger bill.   I've only had the FAN in place for both voice and data for about 4.5 years. 

What AT&T seems not to understand is the customer IS sensitive to price.  In this day of all manner of competition out there and several other telcos wanting to sell me more for less, why should I put up with this? They may very well lose an account that might go another few years if they didn't rock the boat with this sort of garbage.  Oh they may keep it but get only $10/mo on prepaid instead of multiples of that on postpaid. 

Backdoor rate hike (FAN altered)

20 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 11:52:38 PM
(0)
Employee

this is more than likely because the company you work for and at&t changed their agreement on exactly what the discount is applied towards. more than likely you can actually blame the company you work for and not at&t

this is more than likely because the company you work for and at&t changed their agreement on exactly what the discount is applied towards. more than likely you can actually blame the company you work for and not at&t

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Backdoor rate hike (FAN altered)

2 of 21 (910 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 6:38:47 AM
(0)
Teacher

Yes, you have to be careful.

About six months ago I signed up with AT&T because of the FAN discount. I ordered online and the discounts were shown clearly. When I got my bill the discounts were changed (i.e. reduced). I was told that the website "didn't have access" to the correct rates. Really, then what rates were you showing? You deliberately showed me inflated discount rates without informing me?

Never had those problems with Verizon (not AT&T bashing, just the truth) so I cancelled during my trial period.

I'm back again (I'm a glutton for punishment) and waiting to see what my FAN discount is this time around. Sure it's possible that your employer changed their agreement but, given there's no way to know, it's just as possible that AT&T just decided it needed more money from you. If you get "talk to your employer" from AT&T I'd give it a try but if you get nowhere it may be best to assume it's AT&T doing its thing.

Good Luck.

About six months ago I signed up with AT&T because of the FAN discount. I ordered online and the discounts were shown clearly. When I got my bill the discounts were changed (i.e. reduced). I was told that the website "didn't have access" to the correct rates. Really, then what rates were you showing? You deliberately showed me inflated discount rates without informing me?

Never had those problems with Verizon (not AT&T bashing, just the truth) so I cancelled during my trial period.

I'm back again (I'm a glutton for punishment) and waiting to see what my FAN discount is this time around. Sure it's possible that your employer changed their agreement but, given there's no way to know, it's just as possible that AT&T just decided it needed more money from you. If you get "talk to your employer" from AT&T I'd give it a try but if you get nowhere it may be best to assume it's AT&T doing its thing.

Good Luck.

3 of 21 (892 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 7:39:08 AM
(0)
Expert

nlk10010 wrote:

Good Luck.

Considering employeer business accounts are renegotiated periodically and modified by the two parties, it is distinctly possible that the company did alter their agreement, We just renegotiated the verizon and sprint business contracts we have, the employee discount rate we give went down 6 percent and now only applies to the primary line with data costs being exempt to get a better business rate.

The company you work for is the final authority on the discount rate, the person needs to speak to them

nlk10010 wrote:

Good Luck.

Considering employeer business accounts are renegotiated periodically and modified by the two parties, it is distinctly possible that the company did alter their agreement, We just renegotiated the verizon and sprint business contracts we have, the employee discount rate we give went down 6 percent and now only applies to the primary line with data costs being exempt to get a better business rate.

The company you work for is the final authority on the discount rate, the person needs to speak to them

4 of 21 (885 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 10:10:26 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by nlk10010 on Dec 5, 2011 at 10:11:26 AM

Sure, and it's also possible that no renegotiation took place, AT&T may have simply decided of its own volition to take the chance of changing the discounts.Fact is, neither you, I nor the OP knows. Besides, that wouldn't explain my experience, unless the contract was renegotiated in between the time I ordered on the web and I got my first bill.

I agree that the fact he was getting his discounts all along and they suddenly changed MAY point to renegotiation, who knows? The OP should certainly inquire of his company, but if he has difficulty getting an answer he may just want to shop around for a different carrier (e.g. Verizon, Sprint).

Sure, and it's also possible that no renegotiation took place, AT&T may have simply decided of its own volition to take the chance of changing the discounts.Fact is, neither you, I nor the OP knows. Besides, that wouldn't explain my experience, unless the contract was renegotiated in between the time I ordered on the web and I got my first bill.

I agree that the fact he was getting his discounts all along and they suddenly changed MAY point to renegotiation, who knows? The OP should certainly inquire of his company, but if he has difficulty getting an answer he may just want to shop around for a different carrier (e.g. Verizon, Sprint).

[ Edited ]
5 of 21 (879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 11:44:32 AM
(0)
Expert

nlk10010 wrote:

doubt that - if you read the terms of service that you agreed to there are clauses written into the agreement that specificly cover what is being claimed - ergo why they decide to grandfather the discontinued services and plans rather then just out rigth drop them 

nlk10010 wrote:

doubt that - if you read the terms of service that you agreed to there are clauses written into the agreement that specificly cover what is being claimed - ergo why they decide to grandfather the discontinued services and plans rather then just out rigth drop them 

6 of 21 (873 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 12:06:27 PM
(0)
Teacher
Doubt what?

The OP knows WHAT ATT did but no one knows why. He/she needs to make a decision as to whether to continue being a subscriber, based on all available information. The facts are what they are, everything else is speculation.
Doubt what?

The OP knows WHAT ATT did but no one knows why. He/she needs to make a decision as to whether to continue being a subscriber, based on all available information. The facts are what they are, everything else is speculation.

7 of 21 (869 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 1:48:09 PM
(0)
Expert

nlk10010 wrote:
Doubt what?

read your tos to understand what I doubt - att does not randomly change rates this is documented in the terms as to the results

nlk10010 wrote:
Doubt what?

read your tos to understand what I doubt - att does not randomly change rates this is documented in the terms as to the results

8 of 21 (863 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 1:58:38 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by ShaunMN on Dec 5, 2011 at 4:35:33 PM

Read TOS? How does that guarantee that AT&T won't "randomly" change rates?  I would venture to say every carrier has.

TOS is a resource either the customer or AT&T can use if someone [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. How many subscribers even notice?

Before you start worrying about TOS let's see if the corporate agreement is even readily AVAILABLE to subscribers. Because if it isn't then the TOS, at least the part of it that deals with FAN agreements, is legally meaningless.

Read TOS? How does that guarantee that AT&T won't "randomly" change rates?  I would venture to say every carrier has.

TOS is a resource either the customer or AT&T can use if someone [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. How many subscribers even notice?

Before you start worrying about TOS let's see if the corporate agreement is even readily AVAILABLE to subscribers. Because if it isn't then the TOS, at least the part of it that deals with FAN agreements, is legally meaningless.

[ Edited ]
9 of 21 (861 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 10:39:03 PM
(0)
Scholar

Very good point about the Terms.  Neither it nor the Service Agreement (so-called "contract") are really relevant.  Agreement is one way:  You agree to pay every month under pain of ETF.

The corporate agreement is definitely not available.  I have heard the party line -- CS referred me to a person at Multinational Hitech, and they deny ability to tell the terms though they darned sure claim to bill according to it.  MHT is a big bureaucracy just like AT&T and are not about to share it with an employee.  They'll blame it on AT&T so we have a little contest.

That is OK.  AT&T is the provider and I am the customer.  The day they declare that my bill stays at a higher and unacceptable level is the day I finalize my decision to cut it either to zero or to minimum prepaid level.  I get more service for less money with another carrier; AT&T bites dust.

Very good point about the Terms.  Neither it nor the Service Agreement (so-called "contract") are really relevant.  Agreement is one way:  You agree to pay every month under pain of ETF.

The corporate agreement is definitely not available.  I have heard the party line -- CS referred me to a person at Multinational Hitech, and they deny ability to tell the terms though they darned sure claim to bill according to it.  MHT is a big bureaucracy just like AT&T and are not about to share it with an employee.  They'll blame it on AT&T so we have a little contest.

That is OK.  AT&T is the provider and I am the customer.  The day they declare that my bill stays at a higher and unacceptable level is the day I finalize my decision to cut it either to zero or to minimum prepaid level.  I get more service for less money with another carrier; AT&T bites dust.

10 of 21 (844 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2011 3:21:29 AM
(0)
Expert

nlk10010 wrote:

1. If you want to see the corproate agreement then discuss it wil who ever handles the cell phone service at your company, they are the ones that would have the copy and if the rules of the company allow employee's access to viewing the contract they they will show you. ATT has their copy, but they are under no responsiblity to show it to you, that is up to your company. Check with your company for a copy of it.

2. Good point here - "how many subscribers even notice" - if you enter into a binding agreement without reading and understanding what you are signing then what ever surprises you get are your own fault. the terms of service are part of your binding contract with the carrier

3. Can tell you have never read what you signed

We may change any terms, conditions, rates, fees, expenses, or charges regarding your Services at any time. We will provide you with notice of material changes (other than changes to governmental fees, proportional charges for governmental mandates, roaming rates or administrative charges) either in your monthly bill or separately. You understand and agree that State and Federal Universal Service Fees and other governmentally imposed fees, whether or not assessed directly upon you, may be increased based upon the government's or our calculations.

IF WE INCREASE THE PRICE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU SUBSCRIBE, BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY, OR IF WE MATERIALLY DECREASE THE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA IN WHICH YOUR AIRTIME RATE APPLIES (OTHER THAN A TEMPORARY DECREASE FOR REPAIRS OR MAINTENANCE), WE'LL DISCLOSE THE CHANGE AT LEAST ONE BILLING CYCLE IN ADVANCE (EITHER THROUGH A NOTICE WITH YOUR BILL, A TEXT MESSAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR OTHERWISE), AND YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT PAYING AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE OR RETURNING OR PAYING FOR ANY PROMOTIONAL ITEMS, PROVIDED YOUR NOTICE OF TERMINATION IS DELIVERED TO US WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE FIRST BILL REFLECTING THE CHANGE.

If you lose your eligibility for a particular rate plan, we may change your rate plan to one for which you qualify.

nlk10010 wrote:

1. If you want to see the corproate agreement then discuss it wil who ever handles the cell phone service at your company, they are the ones that would have the copy and if the rules of the company allow employee's access to viewing the contract they they will show you. ATT has their copy, but they are under no responsiblity to show it to you, that is up to your company. Check with your company for a copy of it.

2. Good point here - "how many subscribers even notice" - if you enter into a binding agreement without reading and understanding what you are signing then what ever surprises you get are your own fault. the terms of service are part of your binding contract with the carrier

3. Can tell you have never read what you signed

We may change any terms, conditions, rates, fees, expenses, or charges regarding your Services at any time. We will provide you with notice of material changes (other than changes to governmental fees, proportional charges for governmental mandates, roaming rates or administrative charges) either in your monthly bill or separately. You understand and agree that State and Federal Universal Service Fees and other governmentally imposed fees, whether or not assessed directly upon you, may be increased based upon the government's or our calculations.

IF WE INCREASE THE PRICE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU SUBSCRIBE, BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY, OR IF WE MATERIALLY DECREASE THE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA IN WHICH YOUR AIRTIME RATE APPLIES (OTHER THAN A TEMPORARY DECREASE FOR REPAIRS OR MAINTENANCE), WE'LL DISCLOSE THE CHANGE AT LEAST ONE BILLING CYCLE IN ADVANCE (EITHER THROUGH A NOTICE WITH YOUR BILL, A TEXT MESSAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR OTHERWISE), AND YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT PAYING AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE OR RETURNING OR PAYING FOR ANY PROMOTIONAL ITEMS, PROVIDED YOUR NOTICE OF TERMINATION IS DELIVERED TO US WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE FIRST BILL REFLECTING THE CHANGE.

If you lose your eligibility for a particular rate plan, we may change your rate plan to one for which you qualify.

11 of 21 (759 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2011 3:22:48 AM
(0)
Expert

tszefr wrote:

Sorry you are wrong, it is a binding agreement between you are the carrier, you will have the same type of contract with what ever carrier you enter into a contract with

tszefr wrote:

Sorry you are wrong, it is a binding agreement between you are the carrier, you will have the same type of contract with what ever carrier you enter into a contract with

12 of 21 (757 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2011 6:23:18 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by nlk10010 on Dec 6, 2011 at 6:25:33 AM

No, unfortunately, all you're demonstrating is that you haven't read these posts.

Let me see, you are claiming that you know the company the OP works for, you know the terms of its contract with AT&T, you know that a renegotiation took place and you know that AT&T altered his bill in accordance with the TOS? How do you know all those things? If you don't, then nothing you've said is relevant to the OP's situation. My scenario is just as plausible as yours.

So please, present the evidence that you have all this information, but please don't try any more non sequiturs.

And, I repeat, if the FAN contract is not available and there is no obligation on the part of either AT&T or my company to show it to me then the relevant part of the TOS is meaningless. Or perhaps you are in the habit of signing contracts that contain clauses like: "your rates will be directly proportional to the number that our CEO thinks you should pay "?

No, unfortunately, all you're demonstrating is that you haven't read these posts.

Let me see, you are claiming that you know the company the OP works for, you know the terms of its contract with AT&T, you know that a renegotiation took place and you know that AT&T altered his bill in accordance with the TOS? How do you know all those things? If you don't, then nothing you've said is relevant to the OP's situation. My scenario is just as plausible as yours.

So please, present the evidence that you have all this information, but please don't try any more non sequiturs.

And, I repeat, if the FAN contract is not available and there is no obligation on the part of either AT&T or my company to show it to me then the relevant part of the TOS is meaningless. Or perhaps you are in the habit of signing contracts that contain clauses like: "your rates will be directly proportional to the number that our CEO thinks you should pay "?

[ Edited ]
13 of 21 (753 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2011 7:58:49 AM
(0)
Expert

nlk10010 wrote:

please show me exactly where I am claiming that I know the company that the OP works for - the example I gave was the changes in the contract that I renegotiated for the company I own, not the one that he works for as you assumed,  recently renogotiated ALL the carrier contracts with the providers that I give phones from for my employee's in all cases I lowered the employee discount and terms of the applied discount to get better rates for corporate supplied phones.

Not sure who you work for but we supply a printed informational packet to all of our employees detailing exactly what to expect for any business discount applied to the employee that opt to request the discount on their personal cell phone contract, it is easily obtained from my HR department just for the asking.

Contrary to what you believe, discounts change depending on the negotiated business agreement between a company and a carrier, this should be simple to understand.

nlk10010 wrote:

please show me exactly where I am claiming that I know the company that the OP works for - the example I gave was the changes in the contract that I renegotiated for the company I own, not the one that he works for as you assumed,  recently renogotiated ALL the carrier contracts with the providers that I give phones from for my employee's in all cases I lowered the employee discount and terms of the applied discount to get better rates for corporate supplied phones.

Not sure who you work for but we supply a printed informational packet to all of our employees detailing exactly what to expect for any business discount applied to the employee that opt to request the discount on their personal cell phone contract, it is easily obtained from my HR department just for the asking.

Contrary to what you believe, discounts change depending on the negotiated business agreement between a company and a carrier, this should be simple to understand.

14 of 21 (746 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2011 9:28:25 AM
(0)
Scholar

Binding agreement? Hahaha! This is both sides of mouth.  You even quoted part of it:

IF WE INCREASE THE PRICE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU SUBSCRIBE..

The only thing binding is victim agrees to pay.  Carrier does not and never has agreed to NOT hike prices.  They proved that to me years ago when they hiked text pricing above my summary agreement and refused to terminate the so-called contract.  I terminated SMS/MMS rather than accept the rip off pricing.  They also violated their own agreement by NOT providing ANY notice of the back door hike.  I am sure some fanboy will say this hike is not a hike.

In this case there is no ETF because I refuse to get roped back into one.  Carrier has hiked the price and my recourse will be to fire them if they persist.

Binding agreement? Hahaha! This is both sides of mouth.  You even quoted part of it:

The only thing binding is victim agrees to pay.  Carrier does not and never has agreed to NOT hike prices.  They proved that to me years ago when they hiked text pricing above my summary agreement and refused to terminate the so-called contract.  I terminated SMS/MMS rather than accept the rip off pricing.  They also violated their own agreement by NOT providing ANY notice of the back door hike.  I am sure some fanboy will say this hike is not a hike.

In this case there is no ETF because I refuse to get roped back into one.  Carrier has hiked the price and my recourse will be to fire them if they persist.

15 of 21 (739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2011 2:36:14 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Dec 6, 2011 at 2:38:16 PM

tszefr wrote:

/rofl, read it carefully..... the whole thing in context and not just snippets

if they did "back door" raise your rates for pure undiscounted service then yes you have an action and a path available, if the cost went up due to added fees from statte, local and federal entities, cost recovery fees or your employer changing their agreement with the carrier then you do not have a exit.

have you actually compared two bills line by line charges to determine exactly where the cost increase occured to determine if it was not a mandated charge increase and put forth in the agreement?

tszefr wrote:

/rofl, read it carefully..... the whole thing in context and not just snippets

if they did "back door" raise your rates for pure undiscounted service then yes you have an action and a path available, if the cost went up due to added fees from statte, local and federal entities, cost recovery fees or your employer changing their agreement with the carrier then you do not have a exit.

have you actually compared two bills line by line charges to determine exactly where the cost increase occured to determine if it was not a mandated charge increase and put forth in the agreement?

[ Edited ]
16 of 21 (730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2011 6:39:15 AM
(0)
Guru

lol this thread is hilarious. Discount rates change all the time. Like wingrider said, its not up to AT&T to inform you if your discount changed but your employer. If your employer decides not to let you know, then how is that AT&T's fault? Your employer is who negotiates with AT&T so if your FAN discount was altered it was your employer who changes those rates. I've seen it happen all the time. Sometimes some FAN discounts discounts will offer an upgrade fee waiver, and then the discount changes when the business contract is renegotiated and they drop the upgrade fee waiver and the employees are not notified. They call in wanting their upgrade fee waived, and its no longer offered by their company. "I thought I had an upgrade fee waiver with my FAN discount", unfortunately not anymore your employer dropped it.

I've seen percentages drop, fee waivers drop, equipment discounts drop.etc

and I think it's hilarious that people are saying AT&T is just raising the prices to get more money, LOL. that's illegal. They cant just raise prices here and there randomly to make some money. They have to follow their TOS and wireless agreement as well. They do have to send you notice in advance of a price increase, which if there an increase they usually send notice in a monthly invoices.

now can we cut this ridiculous propaganda, plz thx

lol this thread is hilarious. Discount rates change all the time. Like wingrider said, its not up to AT&T to inform you if your discount changed but your employer. If your employer decides not to let you know, then how is that AT&T's fault? Your employer is who negotiates with AT&T so if your FAN discount was altered it was your employer who changes those rates. I've seen it happen all the time. Sometimes some FAN discounts discounts will offer an upgrade fee waiver, and then the discount changes when the business contract is renegotiated and they drop the upgrade fee waiver and the employees are not notified. They call in wanting their upgrade fee waived, and its no longer offered by their company. "I thought I had an upgrade fee waiver with my FAN discount", unfortunately not anymore your employer dropped it.

and I think it's hilarious that people are saying AT&T is just raising the prices to get more money, LOL. that's illegal. They cant just raise prices here and there randomly to make some money. They have to follow their TOS and wireless agreement as well. They do have to send you notice in advance of a price increase, which if there an increase they usually send notice in a monthly invoices.

http://forums.att.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/5647i42265AB3AEBCB54D/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

17 of 21 (721 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2011 10:34:45 PM
(0)
Scholar

aristizzle wrote:

Illegal, huh?  They just found a way to raise prices at a whim and deny raising prices.   That is why I call it "back door."  I cannot imagine that MHT would voluntarily give up their discount on data.  Expect the dialog went something like this:
Telco: Your FAN volume is down.  Been offshoring and laying off have you?
MHT:  No comment.
Telco:  If you want to keep your FAN percentage we are going to have to stick it to your employees by cutting discount from their data plans.
MHT:  Go ahead.  They are used to it.  We'll just blame it on you.
Telco:  And we will blame it on you.  Shake!
So here you have a way to offer a discount and take it away at a whim thereby evading any requirement to notify victims of hikes.

aristizzle wrote:

Illegal, huh?  They just found a way to raise prices at a whim and deny raising prices.   That is why I call it "back door."  I cannot imagine that MHT would voluntarily give up their discount on data.  Expect the dialog went something like this:
Telco:  If you want to keep your FAN percentage we are going to have to stick it to your employees by cutting discount from their data plans.
So here you have a way to offer a discount and take it away at a whim thereby evading any requirement to notify victims of hikes.

18 of 21 (705 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2011 3:20:33 AM
(0)
Expert

tszefr wrote:

aristizzle wrote:

You do understand that the percentage or qualifcation of your discount are based on the contract that your employeer has with ATT and not ATT in itself right? So if anyone took your discount away it is your employeer or whom ever you are aflilitaed with to qualify for the discount. The is absolutley nothing "back door" about it, the entity that allows you to qualify for the discount, be it a organization or your direct employer may have changed something resulting in a lower volume discount for you. You would be surprised what companies are doing for cost cutting in day to day business in todays economy.

Have you ever compaired line by line to a a previous bill yet to determine exactly where the price increase occurred?

tszefr wrote:

aristizzle wrote:

You do understand that the percentage or qualifcation of your discount are based on the contract that your employeer has with ATT and not ATT in itself right? So if anyone took your discount away it is your employeer or whom ever you are aflilitaed with to qualify for the discount. The is absolutley nothing "back door" about it, the entity that allows you to qualify for the discount, be it a organization or your direct employer may have changed something resulting in a lower volume discount for you. You would be surprised what companies are doing for cost cutting in day to day business in todays economy.

Have you ever compaired line by line to a a previous bill yet to determine exactly where the price increase occurred?

19 of 21 (700 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 2:05:20 PM
(0)
Scholar

wingrider01 wrote:

Yes of course I have compared.  FAN percentage has not changed.  Discount was applied to airtime plus data plan (for over 4 years) but suddently is applied only to airtime plan.  The discount dropped and that is exactly how.

It is "back door" because carrier and/or company can arbitrarily decide how it will apply, thus enabling carrier to hike the bill with no accoutability whatsoever, claiming "It's Bush's fault" and referring to employer.

There is another fitting analogy that works exactly the same.  It is called 3 card Monte.

Customer is the mark

Telco is the tosser

Employer is the roper

Shills are those who attempt to convince marks the scam is legit.

As with the shell game, customer has virtually no chance.

wingrider01 wrote:

Yes of course I have compared.  FAN percentage has not changed.  Discount was applied to airtime plus data plan (for over 4 years) but suddently is applied only to airtime plan.  The discount dropped and that is exactly how.

It is "back door" because carrier and/or company can arbitrarily decide how it will apply, thus enabling carrier to hike the bill with no accoutability whatsoever, claiming "It's Bush's fault" and referring to employer.

There is another fitting analogy that works exactly the same.  It is called 3 card Monte.

Customer is the mark

Telco is the tosser

Employer is the roper

20 of 21 (683 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 3:15:09 PM
(0)
Expert

tszefr wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Customer is the mark

Telco is the tosser

Employer is the roper

No YOUR COMPANY is the one that made the decision, not ATT, take it up with them, thwey are giving you a discount as a perk, no where in your employement agreement does it say that you deserve it just for working for them

tszefr wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Customer is the mark

Telco is the tosser

Employer is the roper

No YOUR COMPANY is the one that made the decision, not ATT, take it up with them, thwey are giving you a discount as a perk, no where in your employement agreement does it say that you deserve it just for working for them

21 of 21 (610 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments