BEWARE FUTURE ATT CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!! BEWARE

Contributor

BEWARE FUTURE ATT CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!! BEWARE

HI,     MY RECENT ADVENTURE AT THE ATT STORE IN MONROE MICHIGAN WENT IN JUST LOOKING AT THE IPHONES,     ERIC.V   WAS HELPING ME I EXPLAINED TO HIM WHAT I WANTED ,HE SHOWED ME THE I PHONES AND TOLD ME A BASIC PRICE BEFORE TAXES FOR TO PHONES OUT THE DOOR PER MONTH.....I SAID FINE BUT I HAVE A CONTRACT WITH VERIZON I WOULD HAVE TO PAY175.00 TO CANCEL THOSE PHONES... HE SAID WE COULD TAKE CARE OF SOME OF THOSE FEES!!!!!!!  I SAID I WOULD BE BACK AROUND 6PM WHEN MY WIFE COULD COME IN AS WELL...WE SHOWED UP HE KNEW THAT WE HAD HAD FEES AND ONCE AGAIN SAID THAT HE COULD GIVE US REBATES OR SOMETHING TOWARDS ARE NEW SERVICE,AND ALSO SAID HE WOULD WAIVE THE (ACTIVATION) FEES WHICH EQUALED $$ 36.00 PER PHONE LINE...SO HE EXPLAINS WE WOULD HAVE DISCOUNTS OVER $100.00 ON OUR FIRST BILL NO ACTIVATION FEES AND WOULD HELP WITH TERMINATING VERIZON...YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE A FIRST BILL HE SAYS... SOUNDS GREAT SO WE PURCHASED THE PHONES $99.00 PER PHONE,2 CAR CHARGERS,AND SCREEN COVERS GRAND TOTAL OF 400.00.... EVERYTHING GOOD UNTIL TODAY I GET MY FIRST (PRORATED BILL)   FUNNY....JUST UNDER $300.00  WOW WHERE    ARE    MY   DISCOUNTS..... SO I CALLED ATT THEY SAID HE NOTED THE ACCOUNT TO CHARGE ME BOTH ACTIVATION FEES....AND HE MUST HAVE FORGOT TO GIVE ME MY DISCOUNTS..HUH.    THEY SAY DON'T U HAVE A CUSTOMER AGREEMENT I SAID NO BECAUSE I WOULD NOT HAVE SAID ANYTHING UNTIL I SEEN MY DISCOUNTS AND ACTIVATION FEES WAIVED...I AM NOT LIABLE FOR ANYTHING THAT I DIDN'T READ.. HE WAS EITHER A SWEET TALKER OR IT JUST ATT..WAY OF GETTING U... EITHER WAY I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE STAYED WITH VERIZON...I AM NOT A PERSON WHO TRIES TO GET SOMETHING FOR NOTHING..I JUST WANT WHAT SOMEONE TELLS U THERE GONNA DO..COMPLETE     CRAP   I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO RETURN EVERYTHING AND STILL HAVE TO PAY FEES...I GUESS I LEARNED MY LESSON DON'T JUST ASSUME...ATT NEEDS TO SHOW YOU A CONTRACT WITH DETAILED INFO...NOW ITS MY WORD VERSUS HIS...THERE GONNA HAVE THERE HANDSFULL TOMORROW TRYING TO MAKE THIS CORRECT!!!!!!

Message 1 of 6 (1,367 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: BEWARE FUTURE ATT CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!! BEWARE

first off, don;t shout by using caps, makes it hard to read what you are trying to say, hard to understand a wall of text.

Main question - was this a 3rd party retail outlet or a att store?

Sorry but if you agreed to the terms without reading them you are still liable for them. You have 30 days buyers remorse if you are unhappy with the devices and the contracts.

Message 2 of 6 (1,336 Views)
Former Community Manager

nbkmann wrote:

Hi,     my recent adventure at the att store in monroe michigan went in just looking at the iphones,     eric.v   was helping me i explained to him what i wanted ,he showed me the i phones and told me a basic price before taxes for to phones out the door per month.....i said fine but i have a contract with verizon i would have to pay175.00 to cancel those phones...

He said we could take care of some of those fees!!!!!!!  I said i would be back around 6pm when my wife could come in as well...we showed up he knew that we had had fees and once again said that he could give us rebates or something towards are new service,and also said he would waive the (activation) fees which equaled $$ 36.00 per phone line...so he explains we would have discounts over $100.00 on our first bill no activation fees and would help with terminating verizon...you shouldn't even have a first bill he says...

Sounds great so we purchased the phones $99.00 per phone,2 car chargers,and screen covers grand total of 400.00....

Everything good until today i get my first (prorated bill)   funny....just under $300.00  wow where    are    my   discounts.....

So i called att they said he noted the account to charge me both activation fees....and he must have forgot to give me my discounts..huh.   

They say don't u have a customer agreement i said no because i would not have said anything until i seen my discounts and activation fees waived...i am not liable for anything that i didn't read.. He was either a sweet talker or it just att..way of getting u...

Either way i guess i should have stayed with verizon...i am not a person who tries to get something for nothing..i just want what someone tells u there gonna do..complete     

i guess i will have to return everything and still have to pay fees...i guess i learned my lesson don't just assume...att needs to show you a contract with detailed info...now its my word versus his...there gonna have there handsfull tomorrow trying to make this correct!!!!!!

I'm sorry that the store representative you worked with did not follow through on the offers he gave.

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? Please include the location of the store you visited so I can make sure the district manager is aware of this issue. 

Thanks

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6 (1,296 Views)
Employee

Honestly the one line "I am not liable for anything I didn't read" throws your entire complaint out. You are most certainly liable for things you sign but don't read.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6 (1,271 Views)

Ugh, when I was a Verizon Wireless rep, I had this happen to me on several occasions.  And I'm sure at&t's customer service is in the same boat in this situation, and that is to tell the customer to go back to that store and speak with that rep.  Often though, when that did happen, they were usually always 3rd party resellers and often want their commission and you out the door.

On that note, whenever you make a purchase you will always get a receipt.  And this is where the consumer's responsibility comes in and reads the receipt before leaving the store to make sure everything was correct.  That way, it would have been corrected that day and no frustration.  

Message 5 of 6 (1,131 Views)
Teacher

This is what sales people do to good people. My situtation is different from yours.

In December I decided to buy my wife a cell phone (I already have one) so I called AT&T and talked to a guy that was a sales person. He said he would waive the  activation fee and give me a free phone. He told me the only difference I would see in my bill was $20 which I was fine with. I made him repeat 2 times that I would see NO charges on my phone bill except a $20 increase and he repeated that 2 times. When I got my phone bill there were charges that he said would not be there, AT&T teaches these people to lie and decieve customers. I have been a customer for 45 years and would like to speak to the CEO. A supervisor was suppose to call me within 2 days of Monday, today is Friday and no call, go figure.

I am going to drop all of my services with AT&T and will advise everyone else to do the same.

These are self centered, rutless people, just look at all the complaints on here about charges and billing, they care nothing about their customers only the money, that is what causes them to lie.

Everyone please drop them.

Wade

Message 6 of 6 (992 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.