Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jun 11, 2012
1:47:00 PM
View profile
BB desktop mgr software on 8520 demands unlock code to connect

I would like to backup my wife's unlocked 8520 (running tmobile).  Her friend tried installing a app awhile ago (I don't know the details) and the result was that the blackberry deleted all it's data instead.  Thought I'd install the BB desktop manager software (for Win7) but when connected it's asking for the 'unlock code.'  Wifey is scared s---less that the moment I enter the unlock code, her bb is going to self-destruct again.  And, of course, I don't want to be between her and the phone if that were to happen ;-).  Can anyone tell if it's safe to proceed?  Or, if not (or if questionable), is there any other way to backup/restore the phone's data?  She has no data plan, btw.  Just the $30/mo tmobile talk/text is sufficient for her purposes. 

Thanks much for any help!  

I would like to backup my wife's unlocked 8520 (running tmobile).  Her friend tried installing a app awhile ago (I don't know the details) and the result was that the blackberry deleted all it's data instead.  Thought I'd install the BB desktop manager software (for Win7) but when connected it's asking for the 'unlock code.'  Wifey is scared s---less that the moment I enter the unlock code, her bb is going to self-destruct again.  And, of course, I don't want to be between her and the phone if that were to happen ;-).  Can anyone tell if it's safe to proceed?  Or, if not (or if questionable), is there any other way to backup/restore the phone's data?  She has no data plan, btw.  Just the $30/mo tmobile talk/text is sufficient for her purposes. 

Thanks much for any help!  

BB desktop mgr software on 8520 demands unlock code to connect

0 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments