BB and iPhone

Contributor

BB and iPhone

I've read some threads around the net concerning this but I just wanted to double check here...

I'm interested in switching to a BB for medical school (for the push e-mail and quick communication capabilities), but I also want to be able to keep using my iPhone 3GS as well when I'm not on rotations and such.  Is it possible to get a 2GB BB data plan and SIM swap from time to time?  I read somewhere that unless you tell ATT that you want to SIM swap, that you could be charged for using an iPhone on a BB data plan.  Is that true?

(I also don't really care about visual voicemail since I can always have my voicemails forwarded to Google voice - so I don't mind losing that capability)

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
Master

Re: BB and iPhone

maverick123187 wrote:

I've read some threads around the net concerning this but I just wanted to double check here...

I'm interested in switching to a BB for medical school (for the push e-mail and quick communication capabilities), but I also want to be able to keep using my iPhone 3GS as well when I'm not on rotations and such.  Is it possible to get a 2GB BB data plan and SIM swap from time to time?  I read somewhere that unless you tell ATT that you want to SIM swap, that you could be charged for using an iPhone on a BB data plan.  Is that true?

(I also don't really care about visual voicemail since I can always have my voicemails forwarded to Google voice - so I don't mind losing that capability)

Thanks.

I think that it is true.

When signing up for the new data plan, be sure to tell the salesperson/CSR that you plan on switching SIM's between phones, just to make sure you are not charged the double amount.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support