BB and iPhone

Contributor

BB and iPhone

I've read some threads around the net concerning this but I just wanted to double check here...

I'm interested in switching to a BB for medical school (for the push e-mail and quick communication capabilities), but I also want to be able to keep using my iPhone 3GS as well when I'm not on rotations and such.  Is it possible to get a 2GB BB data plan and SIM swap from time to time?  I read somewhere that unless you tell ATT that you want to SIM swap, that you could be charged for using an iPhone on a BB data plan.  Is that true?

(I also don't really care about visual voicemail since I can always have my voicemails forwarded to Google voice - so I don't mind losing that capability)

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: BB and iPhone

maverick123187 wrote:

I've read some threads around the net concerning this but I just wanted to double check here...

I'm interested in switching to a BB for medical school (for the push e-mail and quick communication capabilities), but I also want to be able to keep using my iPhone 3GS as well when I'm not on rotations and such.  Is it possible to get a 2GB BB data plan and SIM swap from time to time?  I read somewhere that unless you tell ATT that you want to SIM swap, that you could be charged for using an iPhone on a BB data plan.  Is that true?

(I also don't really care about visual voicemail since I can always have my voicemails forwarded to Google voice - so I don't mind losing that capability)

Thanks.

I think that it is true.

When signing up for the new data plan, be sure to tell the salesperson/CSR that you plan on switching SIM's between phones, just to make sure you are not charged the double amount.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support