Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 24, 2011
6:46:16 PM
View profile
BB Torch 9800. No 3G, only EDGE

I have a Blackberry Torch 9800.  According to the display on the phone, I now only get EDGE service in areas where I previously connected at 3G.  Otherwise the phone seems to be working as it always has.  What do I need to do in order to connect on the 3G network again?

I have a Blackberry Torch 9800.  According to the display on the phone, I now only get EDGE service in areas where I previously connected at 3G.  Otherwise the phone seems to be working as it always has.  What do I need to do in order to connect on the 3G network again?

BB Torch 9800. No 3G, only EDGE

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2011 7:24:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Hi there!

I believe the Torch will automatically connect to 3G where available. Smiley Wink

~ Evandela ~
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Hi there!

I believe the Torch will automatically connect to 3G where available. Smiley Wink

~ Evandela ~
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: BB Torch 9800. No 3G, only EDGE

2 of 3 (1,362 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2011 12:41:11 AM
(0)
Tutor

As long as you are on AT&T or a similar network with the same band you will get 3G but if your on tmobile with your Torch you will only get EDGE

As long as you are on AT&T or a similar network with the same band you will get 3G but if your on tmobile with your Torch you will only get EDGE

Re: BB Torch 9800. No 3G, only EDGE

3 of 3 (1,314 Views)