BB Curve Stereo Adapter

Contributor

BB Curve Stereo Adapter

I purchased a wireless PolyComm conference phone.  It has a 2.5mm stereo (three conductor) recepticle.  It also came with a 3 foot cable with 2.5mm stereo (three conductor) jacks on both ends.  I am supposed to be able to connect to a cell phone so I do not need a land line to operate the unit as a extremely nice speaker phone.  The BB Curve has a 3.5mm stereo recepticle which accepts a four conductor jack.  I found a stereo adapter at Radio Shack (three conductor) that  goes from 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male but it didn't work.  I suspect the devil is in the interface between a three conductor and a four conductor connector.  I have contacted technical support at BB.  No help.  I was told to contact technical support at PolyComm.  I did.  No help.  I was told to contact technical support at BB.  (Wheww!)  I stopped in at the store where I bought the BB Curve.  They had no ideas.  I approached Crutchfield technical support.  No help.  I have asked everyone if there is any place where I may have a custom adapter made.  Again no help.   Here I cast my fate to the internet winds.  Is there anyone out there in phone land with experience in these matters?
Message 1 of 3 (1,199 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: BB Curve Stereo Adapter

[ Edited ]
AT&T sells a mono earbud (currently out of stock) that looks like it has a 4 conductor plug. Maybe it can be cut close to the volume control and wired to a 2.5mm plug to fit the PolyCom. Not the prettiest way to do it, but it may be the only way. Using a 3 conductor 3.5mm plug in the phone would short out the contacts and possibly damage the phone.

Or, you might be able to find a bluetooth adapter the PolyCom can plug into. Talk to Jabra. They have several BT adapters with both 3.5mm and 2.5mm plugs.

Message Edited by Max69 on 01-03-2008 09:32:33 AM
Message 2 of 3 (1,166 Views)
Professor

Re: BB Curve Stereo Adapter

I use a 3 conductor set of Bose earbuds with my Curve with no problems. I would think that any 2.5 to 3.5 adapter would work IF your PolyComm device is compatible with a Blackberry device. If the company advertises that it is compatible with a BB device then I would pursue them to make good their claim.

prhales wrote:
I purchased a wireless PolyComm conference phone.  It has a 2.5mm stereo (three conductor) recepticle.  It also came with a 3 foot cable with 2.5mm stereo (three conductor) jacks on both ends.  I am supposed to be able to connect to a cell phone so I do not need a land line to operate the unit as a extremely nice speaker phone.  The BB Curve has a 3.5mm stereo recepticle which accepts a four conductor jack.  I found a stereo adapter at Radio Shack (three conductor) that  goes from 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male but it didn't work.  I suspect the devil is in the interface between a three conductor and a four conductor connector.  I have contacted technical support at BB.  No help.  I was told to contact technical support at PolyComm.  I did.  No help.  I was told to contact technical support at BB.  (Wheww!)  I stopped in at the store where I bought the BB Curve.  They had no ideas.  I approached Crutchfield technical support.  No help.  I have asked everyone if there is any place where I may have a custom adapter made.  Again no help.   Here I cast my fate to the internet winds.  Is there anyone out there in phone land with experience in these matters?

Message 3 of 3 (1,145 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.