BB Curve Stereo Adapter

Contributor

BB Curve Stereo Adapter

I purchased a wireless PolyComm conference phone.  It has a 2.5mm stereo (three conductor) recepticle.  It also came with a 3 foot cable with 2.5mm stereo (three conductor) jacks on both ends.  I am supposed to be able to connect to a cell phone so I do not need a land line to operate the unit as a extremely nice speaker phone.  The BB Curve has a 3.5mm stereo recepticle which accepts a four conductor jack.  I found a stereo adapter at Radio Shack (three conductor) that  goes from 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male but it didn't work.  I suspect the devil is in the interface between a three conductor and a four conductor connector.  I have contacted technical support at BB.  No help.  I was told to contact technical support at PolyComm.  I did.  No help.  I was told to contact technical support at BB.  (Wheww!)  I stopped in at the store where I bought the BB Curve.  They had no ideas.  I approached Crutchfield technical support.  No help.  I have asked everyone if there is any place where I may have a custom adapter made.  Again no help.   Here I cast my fate to the internet winds.  Is there anyone out there in phone land with experience in these matters?
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Professor

Re: BB Curve Stereo Adapter

AT&T sells a mono earbud (currently out of stock) that looks like it has a 4 conductor plug. Maybe it can be cut close to the volume control and wired to a 2.5mm plug to fit the PolyCom. Not the prettiest way to do it, but it may be the only way. Using a 3 conductor 3.5mm plug in the phone would short out the contacts and possibly damage the phone.

Or, you might be able to find a bluetooth adapter the PolyCom can plug into. Talk to Jabra. They have several BT adapters with both 3.5mm and 2.5mm plugs.

Message Edited by Max69 on 01-03-2008 09:32:33 AM
Message 2 of 3
Professor

Re: BB Curve Stereo Adapter

I use a 3 conductor set of Bose earbuds with my Curve with no problems. I would think that any 2.5 to 3.5 adapter would work IF your PolyComm device is compatible with a Blackberry device. If the company advertises that it is compatible with a BB device then I would pursue them to make good their claim.

prhales wrote:
I purchased a wireless PolyComm conference phone.  It has a 2.5mm stereo (three conductor) recepticle.  It also came with a 3 foot cable with 2.5mm stereo (three conductor) jacks on both ends.  I am supposed to be able to connect to a cell phone so I do not need a land line to operate the unit as a extremely nice speaker phone.  The BB Curve has a 3.5mm stereo recepticle which accepts a four conductor jack.  I found a stereo adapter at Radio Shack (three conductor) that  goes from 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male but it didn't work.  I suspect the devil is in the interface between a three conductor and a four conductor connector.  I have contacted technical support at BB.  No help.  I was told to contact technical support at PolyComm.  I did.  No help.  I was told to contact technical support at BB.  (Wheww!)  I stopped in at the store where I bought the BB Curve.  They had no ideas.  I approached Crutchfield technical support.  No help.  I have asked everyone if there is any place where I may have a custom adapter made.  Again no help.   Here I cast my fate to the internet winds.  Is there anyone out there in phone land with experience in these matters?

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support