Helpful Links

BB Curve 8310 questions

Tutor

BB Curve 8310 questions

I got the BBCurve 8310 on Saturday and have pretty much figured out most of the features.  I'm having a couple of problems that I can't seem to fix, even though I think I've read everything I have.
---EMail - Is there a way to only allow incoming email from contacts in your address book??  I get so much junk email and I  don't want to constantly have to open messages only to find they are spam.  I thought this was possible, but can't find it.  If not, I guess I will disable the email and just check it via the browser when I need to.
---Bluetooth - I have been able to pair with other devices, but haven't been able to receive anything.  I can send.  I am trying to bluetooth some stuff from my RAZR.  Every time I try, it acts as if it's connected, then says "fail."  What do you think I'm missing?
Any advice to a newbie is much appreciated!
Message 1 of 3
Professor

Re: BB Curve 8310 questions

samintx wrote:
I got the BBCurve 8310 on Saturday and have pretty much figured out most of the features.  I'm having a couple of problems that I can't seem to fix, even though I think I've read everything I have.
---EMail - Is there a way to only allow incoming email from contacts in your address book??  I get so much junk email and I  don't want to constantly have to open messages only to find they are spam.  I thought this was possible, but can't find it.  If not, I guess I will disable the email and just check it via the browser when I need to.

You can use Desktop Manager to set up a filter. Create a new filter, select the From field, then "Import list" and add everyone in your contacts. Back in the Email Settings dialog at the bottom where it says "When none of the above rules apply:" pick "Don't forward messages to the device".

---Bluetooth - I have been able to pair with other devices, but haven't been able to receive anything.  I can send.  I am trying to bluetooth some stuff from my RAZR.  Every time I try, it acts as if it's connected, then says "fail."  What do you think I'm missing?
Any advice to a newbie is much appreciated!

Open Media, press the Menu button and select Receive Using Bluetooth.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Professor

Re: BB Curve 8310 questions

Max69 wrote:
You can use Desktop Manager to set up a filter.

Only if you're on BES.  BIS users must log into the BIS site to edit filters.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support