Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 28, 2008
9:44:57 AM
Avoiding data charges
Hi. I'm wondering if I can avoid being charged data charges (or whatever they're called) by using a microSD card to get wallpapers/ringtones onto my phone rather than doing it through a website's service i.e. having them send the file in a text message that I then have to download. Since the SD cards don't need an internet connection to be used, I'm thinking this would be the way to go. Does anyone know?
Hi. I'm wondering if I can avoid being charged data charges (or whatever they're called) by using a microSD card to get wallpapers/ringtones onto my phone rather than doing it through a website's service i.e. having them send the file in a text message that I then have to download. Since the SD cards don't need an internet connection to be used, I'm thinking this would be the way to go. Does anyone know?

Avoiding data charges

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2008 12:00:34 AM
(0)
Master
You can certainly do that. Just download what you want from the internet and store it on there and then transfer it over to the phone.
You can certainly do that. Just download what you want from the internet and store it on there and then transfer it over to the phone.

Re: Avoiding data charges

2 of 3 (1,899 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2008 10:01:01 AM
(0)
Professor

seachelle99 wrote:

I've done that and it works great. Plus, you can put files you created on your phone that way, which entertains me to no end.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

seachelle99 wrote:

I've done that and it works great. Plus, you can put files you created on your phone that way, which entertains me to no end.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Re: Avoiding data charges

3 of 3 (1,805 Views)