Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 7, 2012
1:34:40 PM
View profile
Avail Z990 with T-Mobile plan

New Avail Z990 that seems to be doing fine, but will not allow downloads from text attachments. (MMS?)

I can send pics etc to Facebook, but if I hit "download" on a text attachment (picture), it says that it is downloading but does not.

T-Mobile says it's a AT&T issue... AT&T says it's a T-Mobile issue. Of course...

New Avail Z990 that seems to be doing fine, but will not allow downloads from text attachments. (MMS?)

I can send pics etc to Facebook, but if I hit "download" on a text attachment (picture), it says that it is downloading but does not.

T-Mobile says it's a AT&T issue... AT&T says it's a T-Mobile issue. Of course...

Avail Z990 with T-Mobile plan

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2012 2:54:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

Also spoke with a T-Mobile rep that walked me through this: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1979

Still will not allow attachments on text... in or outbound.

Also spoke with a T-Mobile rep that walked me through this: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1979

Still will not allow attachments on text... in or outbound.

Re: Avail Z990 with T-Mobile plan

2 of 7 (876 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2012 2:56:19 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Jun 7, 2012 at 2:57:01 PM

Is there a data block on your line? If there is one you cannot send or recieve MMS / text messages with attachments. Call att and have them check your line

Is there a data block on your line? If there is one you cannot send or recieve MMS / text messages with attachments. Call att and have them check your line

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (874 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2012 4:03:17 PM
(0)
Contributor

Would AT&T be the one to call, or T-Mobile. The phone is made by AT&T, but the plan is through T-Mobile.

Thanks

Would AT&T be the one to call, or T-Mobile. The phone is made by AT&T, but the plan is through T-Mobile.

Thanks

4 of 7 (868 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2012 7:45:06 PM
(0)
Professor
Have you power cycled the phone right after the settings change?
Have you power cycled the phone right after the settings change?

5 of 7 (858 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2012 3:19:18 AM
(0)
Expert

Miked61 wrote:

Thanks

would hazard a guess that it is t-mobiles support issue, outside of configuration with t-mobile's information, the phone hardware has absolutely nothing to do with it. ATT has the hardware, t-mobile needs to give you the information to set the phone up to work correctly on their infrastructure

Miked61 wrote:

Thanks

would hazard a guess that it is t-mobiles support issue, outside of configuration with t-mobile's information, the phone hardware has absolutely nothing to do with it. ATT has the hardware, t-mobile needs to give you the information to set the phone up to work correctly on their infrastructure

6 of 7 (841 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2012 9:40:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Check T-Mobile's forums for the answer under the section "Phones not sold by T-Mobile". They discuss this issue all the time.
Check T-Mobile's forums for the answer under the section "Phones not sold by T-Mobile". They discuss this issue all the time.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (783 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments