Avail Z990 with T-Mobile plan

Contributor

Avail Z990 with T-Mobile plan

New Avail Z990 that seems to be doing fine, but will not allow downloads from text attachments. (MMS?)

I can send pics etc to Facebook, but if I hit "download" on a text attachment (picture), it says that it is downloading but does not.

T-Mobile says it's a AT&T issue... AT&T says it's a T-Mobile issue. Of course...

Message 1 of 7 (895 Views)
Contributor

Re: Avail Z990 with T-Mobile plan

Also spoke with a T-Mobile rep that walked me through this: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1979

Still will not allow attachments on text... in or outbound.

Message 2 of 7 (886 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Is there a data block on your line? If there is one you cannot send or recieve MMS / text messages with attachments. Call att and have them check your line

Message 3 of 7 (884 Views)
Contributor

Would AT&T be the one to call, or T-Mobile. The phone is made by AT&T, but the plan is through T-Mobile.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7 (878 Views)
Professor

Have you power cycled the phone right after the settings change?
Message 5 of 7 (868 Views)
Expert

Miked61 wrote:

Would AT&T be the one to call, or T-Mobile. The phone is made by AT&T, but the plan is through T-Mobile.

Thanks

would hazard a guess that it is t-mobiles support issue, outside of configuration with t-mobile's information, the phone hardware has absolutely nothing to do with it. ATT has the hardware, t-mobile needs to give you the information to set the phone up to work correctly on their infrastructure

Message 6 of 7 (851 Views)
Professor

Check T-Mobile's forums for the answer under the section "Phones not sold by T-Mobile". They discuss this issue all the time.
Message 7 of 7 (793 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.