Avail Z990 with T-Mobile plan

Contributor

Avail Z990 with T-Mobile plan

New Avail Z990 that seems to be doing fine, but will not allow downloads from text attachments. (MMS?)

I can send pics etc to Facebook, but if I hit "download" on a text attachment (picture), it says that it is downloading but does not.

T-Mobile says it's a AT&T issue... AT&T says it's a T-Mobile issue. Of course...

Message 1 of 7
Contributor

Re: Avail Z990 with T-Mobile plan

Also spoke with a T-Mobile rep that walked me through this: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1979

Still will not allow attachments on text... in or outbound.

Message 2 of 7
Expert

Is there a data block on your line? If there is one you cannot send or recieve MMS / text messages with attachments. Call att and have them check your line

Message 3 of 7
Contributor

Would AT&T be the one to call, or T-Mobile. The phone is made by AT&T, but the plan is through T-Mobile.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
Professor

Have you power cycled the phone right after the settings change?
Message 5 of 7
Expert

Miked61 wrote:

Would AT&T be the one to call, or T-Mobile. The phone is made by AT&T, but the plan is through T-Mobile.

Thanks

would hazard a guess that it is t-mobiles support issue, outside of configuration with t-mobile's information, the phone hardware has absolutely nothing to do with it. ATT has the hardware, t-mobile needs to give you the information to set the phone up to work correctly on their infrastructure

Message 6 of 7
Professor

Check T-Mobile's forums for the answer under the section "Phones not sold by T-Mobile". They discuss this issue all the time.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support