Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 15, 2011
5:12:39 AM
View profile
Automatic Feature Package Renewal Date

I know there are many threads concerning this topic but I have found very little in the way of a definite answer.

I have had auto renewal of my voice & messaging for quite awhile and the auto renewal date has always taken place two days prior to the expiration date. I recently signed up for a data plan with the auto renewal option. I see that the renewal date is one day after the expiration date, instead of the voice, as I mentioned, is two days earlier. This sent up a red flag, since I don't want to lose any data that will roll over. Has anyone using this auto feature for data had a problem and is this the normal way it works with renewal for data?

I spoke to customer service and was only told, "don't worry". He also didn't even know about the two day renewal with the voice.If I had the ability to change the auto renewal date, I would do it. I also prefer auto renewal.

I know there are many threads concerning this topic but I have found very little in the way of a definite answer.

I have had auto renewal of my voice & messaging for quite awhile and the auto renewal date has always taken place two days prior to the expiration date. I recently signed up for a data plan with the auto renewal option. I see that the renewal date is one day after the expiration date, instead of the voice, as I mentioned, is two days earlier. This sent up a red flag, since I don't want to lose any data that will roll over. Has anyone using this auto feature for data had a problem and is this the normal way it works with renewal for data?

I spoke to customer service and was only told, "don't worry". He also didn't even know about the two day renewal with the voice.If I had the ability to change the auto renewal date, I would do it. I also prefer auto renewal.

Automatic Feature Package Renewal Date

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2011 11:42:04 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by OnlytheShadowKnows on Aug 20, 2011 at 11:44:37 AM

wdsnls wrote:

wdsnls , I saw exactly what you describe when I enrolled on my monthly data feature package.  This raised a caution flag, exactly as you describe.

I asked on this blog, and got no definite answer other than to do it manually, one day before due date.

Also, a couple of posters added that they prefer to have control of their own finances, blah, blah, blah... and the question was hijacked with private high-fives among them. *grin*  Oh well.

What I have done, instead, is used my desktop calendar to notify me one day before the expiry of the feature package.  As an example, on this coming Sunday 28 my feature package expires (hour 00:00? or hour 24:00? do not know!), and therefore my calendar has a suspense of Saturday 27, the day before, to do the renew.

Do not know how else to do this, and like you, I do not want to lose my rollover balance.

wdsnls wrote:

wdsnls , I saw exactly what you describe when I enrolled on my monthly data feature package.  This raised a caution flag, exactly as you describe.

I asked on this blog, and got no definite answer other than to do it manually, one day before due date.

Also, a couple of posters added that they prefer to have control of their own finances, blah, blah, blah... and the question was hijacked with private high-fives among them. *grin*  Oh well.

What I have done, instead, is used my desktop calendar to notify me one day before the expiry of the feature package.  As an example, on this coming Sunday 28 my feature package expires (hour 00:00? or hour 24:00? do not know!), and therefore my calendar has a suspense of Saturday 27, the day before, to do the renew.

Do not know how else to do this, and like you, I do not want to lose my rollover balance.

Re: Automatic Feature Package Renewal Date

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2011 9:45:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

wdsnls wrote:

I went back and looked at the specifics re: when I signed up for the messaging feature renewal (early 2010) as your post rung a bell with me re: how it was "way back when".  Sure enough, when I signed up for the messaging auto-renewal, the renewal date was actually one day AFTER the current plan expiration date.  I went ahead and went through with signing up for auto-renewal as another long time user out here was already using it, had posted about the same issue, and hadn't experienced any problems as a result of the disjointed expiry/auto-renewal dates.  So I signed up and used auto-renewal for at least nine months without any problem.  (And I think this makes sense as if you listen to the IVR message closely when you are renewing a feature package, it indicates you have through the end of the day on the expiration date to continue using your current package.)

All that said, I have discontinued using the auto-renewal functionality as the auto-renew did not happen for some reason last November - so I don't trust it any longer.  I set a notification in my phone's calendar to notify me the day before the expiration and I just manually renew my messaging and data plan now.  (Never used auto-renewal with the data plan.)

Hope that helps, for whatever it is worth. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

wdsnls wrote:

I went back and looked at the specifics re: when I signed up for the messaging feature renewal (early 2010) as your post rung a bell with me re: how it was "way back when".  Sure enough, when I signed up for the messaging auto-renewal, the renewal date was actually one day AFTER the current plan expiration date.  I went ahead and went through with signing up for auto-renewal as another long time user out here was already using it, had posted about the same issue, and hadn't experienced any problems as a result of the disjointed expiry/auto-renewal dates.  So I signed up and used auto-renewal for at least nine months without any problem.  (And I think this makes sense as if you listen to the IVR message closely when you are renewing a feature package, it indicates you have through the end of the day on the expiration date to continue using your current package.)

All that said, I have discontinued using the auto-renewal functionality as the auto-renew did not happen for some reason last November - so I don't trust it any longer.  I set a notification in my phone's calendar to notify me the day before the expiration and I just manually renew my messaging and data plan now.  (Never used auto-renewal with the data plan.)

Hope that helps, for whatever it is worth. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Automatic Feature Package Renewal Date

3 of 3 (512 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments