Auto Renewal

Tutor

Auto Renewal

Every month I refill my account with the $25 airtime so I will have $5 for airtime and $20 for my unlimited texting. I know the $25 refill actually expires in 90 days. So if I would set up the auto renewal for the unlimited texting I would still have to add the $25 each month, correct?

Message 1 of 14 (623 Views)
Master

Re: Auto Renewal

That is correct.

Irnoic how I refill my account the same way - $20 for unlimited messaging and $5 left over for voice calls.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 14 (611 Views)
Teacher

I was gonna refill mine with $150 with $9.99 1000 texts/mo auto refill so I could leave it that way for a year.  but It's kinda having issues so I might need to change phones. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 14 (595 Views)
Master

Your Neon? I had my prepaid Neon for a little bit shy of six months, then dumped it and got a new phone. It worked fine, I just didn't like it anymore.

What types of issues is it having? I think I've seen you post that it's having trouble receiving text messages...

Message 4 of 14 (591 Views)
Teacher

Not having trouble, just not doing it.

Message 5 of 14 (589 Views)
Master

I see. Have you cleared your Inbox/Outbox messages? Could there be a chance that it is full and cannot accept any more messages?

Message 6 of 14 (587 Views)
Teacher

Nope not a chance I just got the phone and had emptied the 5 texts from at&t. It will send messages perfectly fine. I tried sending a text to myself but never recieved it; although, other people get them whithin 15 seconds.

Message 7 of 14 (581 Views)
Teacher

Do you think it could just be the phone's problem?

Message 8 of 14 (580 Views)
Teacher

Did your Neon take like 45 seconds to start up?

Message 9 of 14 (579 Views)
Master

seth93 wrote:

Yes, I do. However, even my prepaid Android smartphone refuses to send text messages sometimes and I get long delays when receiving text messages that were sent to me while my phone was turned off. I have no idea why that is, but it's been an every day kind of deal, so I've gotten used to it.

Yes, my Neon also took a long time to turn on...more like 35 seconds as opposed to 45, though. I'm sure you just threw out a random number as a guess, but yes, mine took equally as long. Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 14 (572 Views)

[ Edited ]

seth93 wrote:

seth93, yes, you are having a cellphone problem if you cannot receive texts after all the things you tried.

Before you call Customer Care and receive a return authorization, do a hard reset of your phone.

How?  This is done by a "battery pull":

1. pull the battery while the phone is on
  2. wait 30 or more seconds
  3. replace the battery
  4. phone will reboot, and it will take longer than usual, as it is going to reset and refresh its network provisioning over the air.

Then retry the free texts to request balance, and messaging balance.  If no replies are received, your phone has gone bad.

This is what I would do before calling Customer Care, as they are going to ask you to do exactly the same thing.  Good luck.

Message 11 of 14 (531 Views)
Teacher

I did time it in my head but i can be off. I was wondering because I had another Neon before this one and it took a long time to start. I guess it's just a Neon thing.

Message 12 of 14 (519 Views)
Master

Yes, I suppose it is. My brother has had three Neons (including my old one) and they all take forever to start. Overall, they're an alright phone, but they definitely have some issues that come along once in a while.

Message 13 of 14 (511 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Agreed. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 14 (504 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.