Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 4, 2012
11:45:33 AM
View profile
Auto Pay Interrrupted

I have had auto pay for wireless for many months. ATT did not exercise the payment plan in January and I received a pay-now-or-service-will-be-dropped notice. Auto pay worked fine for the December bill.  After such a long time with auto pay, why did this happen?

I have had auto pay for wireless for many months. ATT did not exercise the payment plan in January and I received a pay-now-or-service-will-be-dropped notice. Auto pay worked fine for the December bill.  After such a long time with auto pay, why did this happen?

Auto Pay Interrrupted

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2012 12:40:38 PM
(0)
Employee
Glitch in the matrix? Things happen, you weren't charged so you should have three balance available, and UT can be set up again easily
Glitch in the matrix? Things happen, you weren't charged so you should have three balance available, and UT can be set up again easily
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Auto Pay Interrrupted

2 of 6 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2012 1:16:02 PM
(0)
Expert

artim1 wrote:

Might want to call the custoer service at who ever your autopay is set up with and see if there was an issue on that side. If you use a credit card and you just recieved a new one you may have to reset the payment method with the new experiation date

artim1 wrote:

Might want to call the custoer service at who ever your autopay is set up with and see if there was an issue on that side. If you use a credit card and you just recieved a new one you may have to reset the payment method with the new experiation date

3 of 6 (353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2012 1:31:01 PM
(0)
Contributor
As JFizDaWiz said, it is likely a simple glitch-happened to me as well, I called right away, customer service could see no reason why it would have happened and sad sometimes it just happened, as all systems have glitches. They fixed it and next time I was back on auto pay but I did not get a bill. I prefer paper bills for phone, and it took them a few times to get the paper bill coming again.
As JFizDaWiz said, it is likely a simple glitch-happened to me as well, I called right away, customer service could see no reason why it would have happened and sad sometimes it just happened, as all systems have glitches. They fixed it and next time I was back on auto pay but I did not get a bill. I prefer paper bills for phone, and it took them a few times to get the paper bill coming again.

4 of 6 (347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2012 1:59:03 PM
(0)
Scholar
have you recieved a replacement credit card or debit card they do expire and att is not updated automatically

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
have you recieved a replacement credit card or debit card they do expire and att is not updated automatically

5 of 6 (346 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2012 8:18:01 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

artim1 wrote:

This is rather unusual and I'm not sure why an autopay would stop working all of a sudden. 

Were there any changes made to the account at all?

If you'd like, I can have someone give you a call to make sure your billing is set up properly. Just send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

artim1 wrote:

This is rather unusual and I'm not sure why an autopay would stop working all of a sudden. 

Were there any changes made to the account at all?

If you'd like, I can have someone give you a call to make sure your billing is set up properly. Just send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (329 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments