Aussie coming to USA

Contributor

Aussie coming to USA

Hi,
I am visiting the USA for 2 months later this year. I would like to access the internet via a laptop while on the road in the US. I don't think WiFi is going to meet my needs. I want to use a USB card for internet connection. I can't find any plans that would suit me, they all seem to be at least one year plans if not two year plans. Is there a prepaid plan available, or a monthly plan option? So far the best I can find is $299 for the USB card, plus monthly access costs of about $70. This seems a lot to pay when I'm only going to be able to use the card for 2 months.
Message 1 of 3
Master

Re: Aussie coming to USA

Not sure if there is such a service, but I wonder if you can rent a USB card for use during your stay.

Two months seem a long time without staying with friends...Perhaps you can ask to use their computers?

Finally, do you travel often? Would it be worthwhile for you to invest in a PDA phone? (Not sure about how roaming charges work, so you may want to research that if it's of interest).

All assuming you can't get away from purchasing a usb card with monthly fees.

Good luck! Hope you enjoy your visit here.

Message Edited by csp_gp on 03-01-2008 09:38:42 AM
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: Aussie coming to USA

I'm afraid there are really not any pre-paid plans or other short term plans available for a cusual visitor at this point in time.  You may want to look into a rental service but I don't know of any off the top of my head.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support