Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 1, 2008
3:13:45 AM
View profile
Aussie coming to USA
Hi,
I am visiting the USA for 2 months later this year. I would like to access the internet via a laptop while on the road in the US. I don't think WiFi is going to meet my needs. I want to use a USB card for internet connection. I can't find any plans that would suit me, they all seem to be at least one year plans if not two year plans. Is there a prepaid plan available, or a monthly plan option? So far the best I can find is $299 for the USB card, plus monthly access costs of about $70. This seems a lot to pay when I'm only going to be able to use the card for 2 months.
Hi,
I am visiting the USA for 2 months later this year. I would like to access the internet via a laptop while on the road in the US. I don't think WiFi is going to meet my needs. I want to use a USB card for internet connection. I can't find any plans that would suit me, they all seem to be at least one year plans if not two year plans. Is there a prepaid plan available, or a monthly plan option? So far the best I can find is $299 for the USB card, plus monthly access costs of about $70. This seems a lot to pay when I'm only going to be able to use the card for 2 months.

Aussie coming to USA

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2008 3:22:36 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by Zandora on Mar 1, 2008 at 6:38:42 AM
Not sure if there is such a service, but I wonder if you can rent a USB card for use during your stay.

Two months seem a long time without staying with friends...Perhaps you can ask to use their computers?

Finally, do you travel often? Would it be worthwhile for you to invest in a PDA phone? (Not sure about how roaming charges work, so you may want to research that if it's of interest).

All assuming you can't get away from purchasing a usb card with monthly fees.

Good luck! Hope you enjoy your visit here.

Message Edited by csp_gp on 03-01-2008 09:38:42 AM
Not sure if there is such a service, but I wonder if you can rent a USB card for use during your stay.

Two months seem a long time without staying with friends...Perhaps you can ask to use their computers?

Finally, do you travel often? Would it be worthwhile for you to invest in a PDA phone? (Not sure about how roaming charges work, so you may want to research that if it's of interest).

All assuming you can't get away from purchasing a usb card with monthly fees.

Good luck! Hope you enjoy your visit here.

Message Edited by csp_gp on 03-01-2008 09:38:42 AM
Posted from my Samsung Captivate

Re: Aussie coming to USA

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (1,347 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2008 5:32:57 AM
(0)
Master
I'm afraid there are really not any pre-paid plans or other short term plans available for a cusual visitor at this point in time.  You may want to look into a rental service but I don't know of any off the top of my head.
I'm afraid there are really not any pre-paid plans or other short term plans available for a cusual visitor at this point in time.  You may want to look into a rental service but I don't know of any off the top of my head.

Re: Aussie coming to USA

3 of 3 (1,341 Views)