Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 25, 2011
2:54:31 PM
View profile
Attention ATT.COM !!! ~ Your Iritating Samsung Infuse phone commercial
Edited by ShaunMN on Jun 25, 2011 at 3:51:04 PM

I couldn't find a direct link for contacting att.com, so I guess this will have to do until I can aquire better means of making contact.  Man Sad

Your current commercial that has a girl SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER because one of the men at the table has a huge spider on the display of their Samsung Infuse is so nerve racking that my wife & I just mute the TV when your commercial comes on. I don't use any of your services at this time and I probably NEVER will. I don't know who gave the ok for that crappy, annoying, commercial, but they need their head examined.  Man Mad

The first time I saw it, I had fallen asleep with our TV on, and I was startled awake with the blood-curdling scream of the obnoxious actress in the commercial! One of my friends said they had someone ask them if they needed to call the police, because they heard the scream from their TV set and thought maybe someone was being hurt. THAT ISN'T FUNNY!  Have you considered possible liability issuses this thing could create? Probably not...  Man Surprised

You have no idea how badly I have wanted to be able to call up the person who decided the use this commerical and play back a recording of her screaming into the phone and see how the likes it that oked the whole thing!!{Please keep it courteous}

I have spoke with other people that feel the same way, so I know I'm not alone in this. Your commercial is juvenile and obnoxious, please consider taking it off the air and replace it with something really humorous and interesting. Or isn't your advertising agency smart enough to do that? Do I sound aggrivated?  I hope so, because I am.  Man Mad

Please, stop the insanity and dump it now, and then Infuse a different one!  Man Sad   Thanks.

I couldn't find a direct link for contacting att.com, so I guess this will have to do until I can aquire better means of making contact.  Man Sad

Your current commercial that has a girl SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER because one of the men at the table has a huge spider on the display of their Samsung Infuse is so nerve racking that my wife & I just mute the TV when your commercial comes on. I don't use any of your services at this time and I probably NEVER will. I don't know who gave the ok for that crappy, annoying, commercial, but they need their head examined.  Man Mad

The first time I saw it, I had fallen asleep with our TV on, and I was startled awake with the blood-curdling scream of the obnoxious actress in the commercial! One of my friends said they had someone ask them if they needed to call the police, because they heard the scream from their TV set and thought maybe someone was being hurt. THAT ISN'T FUNNY!  Have you considered possible liability issuses this thing could create? Probably not...  Man Surprised

You have no idea how badly I have wanted to be able to call up the person who decided the use this commerical and play back a recording of her screaming into the phone and see how the likes it that oked the whole thing!!{Please keep it courteous}

I have spoke with other people that feel the same way, so I know I'm not alone in this. Your commercial is juvenile and obnoxious, please consider taking it off the air and replace it with something really humorous and interesting. Or isn't your advertising agency smart enough to do that? Do I sound aggrivated?  I hope so, because I am.  Man Mad

Please, stop the insanity and dump it now, and then Infuse a different one!  Man Sad   Thanks.

Attention ATT.COM !!! ~ Your Iritating Samsung Infuse phone commercial

[ Edited ]
21 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(21)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2011 2:56:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Jun 25, 2011 at 3:00:36 PM

I find that commercial HILARIOUS...I don't even know which phone or service it's for but I laugh every time.

What I find annoying is first time posters who use a HUGE font that makes if difficult to even read their posts.

I find that commercial HILARIOUS...I don't even know which phone or service it's for but I laugh every time.

What I find annoying is first time posters who use a HUGE font that makes if difficult to even read their posts.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Attention ATT.COM !!! ~ Your Iritating Samsung Infuse phone commercial

[ Edited ]
2 of 22 (2,677 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2011 3:08:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

That commercial is awesome

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!

That commercial is awesome

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 22 (2,671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2011 3:08:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

skeeterintexas wrote:

I'm with you, KUDOs skeeter.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

skeeterintexas wrote:

I'm with you, KUDOs skeeter.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

4 of 22 (2,670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2011 3:59:48 PM
(0)
Guru

The scream in the commercial doesn't really stand out or bother me because just about every TV show has some sort of screaming or shouting.  Whether the theme be police, war, medical, terror or even some comedies, you'll hear some loud voices and it's just part of the script.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

The scream in the commercial doesn't really stand out or bother me because just about every TV show has some sort of screaming or shouting.  Whether the theme be police, war, medical, terror or even some comedies, you'll hear some loud voices and it's just part of the script.

docbombay

5 of 22 (2,650 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2011 4:41:15 PM
(0)
Mentor

love the commercial too.

maybe you have to turn your TV off before you go to sleep or program it to turn off after inactivity after "X" amount of time.

- don't know how to do it?  Read The Manual

- don't have time? manage your time efficiently

or maybe need to get some priority straight as there's more depressing things to worry about

ie..

1. unemployment

2. starvation

3. our troops sacrificing their lives

love the commercial too.

maybe you have to turn your TV off before you go to sleep or program it to turn off after inactivity after "X" amount of time.

- don't know how to do it?  Read The Manual

- don't have time? manage your time efficiently

or maybe need to get some priority straight as there's more depressing things to worry about

ie..

1. unemployment

2. starvation

3. our troops sacrificing their lives

6 of 22 (2,639 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2011 12:24:58 AM
(0)
Tutor

best commercial ive ever seen for a cellphone.  the sound is to loud? that doesnt even make sense. lol

best commercial ive ever seen for a cellphone.  the sound is to loud? that doesnt even make sense. lol

7 of 22 (2,592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2011 10:20:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

krazy213 wrote:

no it is not - what about the one where they use the phone as a weapon.

krazy213 wrote:

no it is not - what about the one where they use the phone as a weapon.

8 of 22 (2,550 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2011 12:02:03 AM
(0)
Professor
As it's been said before, this isn't a forum that AT&T pays any attention to, so coming on here to write your oh so eloquent rant was for naught ;/
As it's been said before, this isn't a forum that AT&T pays any attention to, so coming on here to write your oh so eloquent rant was for naught ;/

9 of 22 (2,545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2011 11:26:20 AM
(0)
Guru
Any publicity is good publicity. I guess the commercial is doing its job, cause this is at least the third topic about it.
Any publicity is good publicity. I guess the commercial is doing its job, cause this is at least the third topic about it.

10 of 22 (2,512 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2011 7:45:46 PM
(0)
Contributor
My wife and I feel the same way...we are both thinking of going over to verizon just because of that awful commercial...Rickbass
My wife and I feel the same way...we are both thinking of going over to verizon just because of that awful commercial...Rickbass

11 of 22 (622 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2011 3:19:28 PM
(0)
Professor

If you feel that strongly, then send a letter stating this to AT&T corporate global headquarters address: 

AT&T Corporate Office | Headquarters
208 S. Akard St. Dallas, TX 75202
            (210)821-4105      

Not sure it will do any good though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

If you feel that strongly, then send a letter stating this to AT&T corporate global headquarters address: 

AT&T Corporate Office | Headquarters
208 S. Akard St. Dallas, TX 75202
            (210)821-4105      

Not sure it will do any good though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

12 of 22 (597 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2011 8:50:14 PM
(0)
Tutor
i sent my letter...to demand that they keep it on the air (:

13 of 22 (589 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2011 9:50:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

krazy213 wrote:
They probably will for little while longer, at least... I personally haven't seen it recently, only on YouTube about two or three weeks ago.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

krazy213 wrote:
They probably will for little while longer, at least... I personally haven't seen it recently, only on YouTube about two or three weeks ago.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

14 of 22 (580 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2011 8:17:18 AM
(0)
Scholar
Davidusr you got it. No matter the intent the result is the same. The commercial is engrained in your head!

Actually haven't seen it in a while. But I bought an Infuse and the phone is great. (Wife has the Captivate now)
Davidusr you got it. No matter the intent the result is the same. The commercial is engrained in your head!

Actually haven't seen it in a while. But I bought an Infuse and the phone is great. (Wife has the Captivate now)
Sent from my Android powered Samsung Galaxy Note 4G LTE

15 of 22 (558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2011 11:11:25 AM
(0)
Contributor

I TOTALLY agree with you that this is without a doubt the most irritating commercial I have seen.  I try to mute it every time, but don't always move quick enough.  I wait for neighbors to knock on my door and see if I'm okay!  I will NEVER consider purchasing anything AT&T -- whoever allowed this commercial to air must not watch t.v.  The fact that so many people have expressed their displeasure with this commercial, and the fact that AT&T has done nothing to correct the matter, speaks volumes for me.  And, the fact that AT&T treats its customers as if they are ignorant and would fall for such a ridiculous scenario speaks volumes. I have a great sense of humor, but this is by no means funny at all.   I would not consider business with a company that does not put its customers / audience first.

I TOTALLY agree with you that this is without a doubt the most irritating commercial I have seen.  I try to mute it every time, but don't always move quick enough.  I wait for neighbors to knock on my door and see if I'm okay!  I will NEVER consider purchasing anything AT&T -- whoever allowed this commercial to air must not watch t.v.  The fact that so many people have expressed their displeasure with this commercial, and the fact that AT&T has done nothing to correct the matter, speaks volumes for me.  And, the fact that AT&T treats its customers as if they are ignorant and would fall for such a ridiculous scenario speaks volumes. I have a great sense of humor, but this is by no means funny at all.   I would not consider business with a company that does not put its customers / audience first.

16 of 22 (552 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2011 6:18:41 PM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by pamelaz on Jul 23, 2011 at 7:26:06 PM

WOW!!!!!    That commercial is incrediable..    {Please keep it courteous and do not evade the word filter}

WOW!!!!!    That commercial is incrediable..    {Please keep it courteous and do not evade the word filter}

[ Edited ]
17 of 22 (490 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2011 7:16:55 AM
(0)
Tutor

I find it annoying as well. I mean, really? This girl and the guy with the shoe are THAT stupid?

A far better one is the two guys sitting outside, watchiing a fish swim on the scream, and the eagle comes and snatches the phone. That is AWESOME. So good, it fools an eagle eye?

I find it annoying as well. I mean, really? This girl and the guy with the shoe are THAT stupid?

A far better one is the two guys sitting outside, watchiing a fish swim on the scream, and the eagle comes and snatches the phone. That is AWESOME. So good, it fools an eagle eye?

18 of 22 (454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 5:06:24 AM
(0)
Mentor
For those of you who are saying that your neighbors are coming over to see if everything is all right: TURN THE VOLUME DOWN.. It's as simple as that! I personally love this commercial because 1) AT&T is finding new ways to promote the features of their phones; and 2) it's just plain HILARIOUS!
For those of you who are saying that your neighbors are coming over to see if everything is all right: TURN THE VOLUME DOWN.. It's as simple as that! I personally love this commercial because 1) AT&T is finding new ways to promote the features of their phones; and 2) it's just plain HILARIOUS!

19 of 22 (383 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2011 4:59:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

Very interesting...

Quote:  "What I find annoying is first time posters who use a HUGE font that makes if difficult to even read their posts" 

Skeeter in Texas ~ Without realizing it, you actually made my point! LOL   When full CAPS are used on the Internet it is considered equal to YELLING or SCREAMING!!!    Why? Because no one can hear the sound of your voice. You made it clear you didn't care for my YELLING!  I find that very, very interesting. I sincerely want to thank you for helping prove that people generally don't like someone yelling or screaming!!!!  Now THAT'S HILARIOUS!  ROTFLOL  Duh...  

My goal in posting here in this forum because it belongs to the company behind the commercial. I'm really not interested in what annoys you, just in getting AT&T to consider removing the commercial in question. I'd say from the looks of things, my post has gotten a fair amount of attention. (1,455 views at the time of this post, maybe more)  So again, I thank you for 1) helping me make my point about SCREAMING... and 2) you've assisted me in drawing attention to the content of post and therefore, my objections to their annoying commercial... 

So, once again I'll state my objections and annoyance regarding the irritating, annoying  AT&T, Samsung Infuse cell phone commercial!!!!!!  Please stop showing it now!!!!

Quote:  "I find that commercial HILARIOUS...I don't even know which phone or service it's for but I laugh every time."

BTW - If you had paid attention while reading my earlier post, you would know what phone AND service the advertisement is for.  (I'll clarify for you...)   "Attention ATT.COM !!! (That's the service - AT&T) ~ Your Iritating Samsung Infuse phone (That's the phone) commercial"

Good day, everyone

Very interesting...

Quote:  "What I find annoying is first time posters who use a HUGE font that makes if difficult to even read their posts" 

Skeeter in Texas ~ Without realizing it, you actually made my point! LOL   When full CAPS are used on the Internet it is considered equal to YELLING or SCREAMING!!!    Why? Because no one can hear the sound of your voice. You made it clear you didn't care for my YELLING!  I find that very, very interesting. I sincerely want to thank you for helping prove that people generally don't like someone yelling or screaming!!!!  Now THAT'S HILARIOUS!  ROTFLOL  Duh...  

My goal in posting here in this forum because it belongs to the company behind the commercial. I'm really not interested in what annoys you, just in getting AT&T to consider removing the commercial in question. I'd say from the looks of things, my post has gotten a fair amount of attention. (1,455 views at the time of this post, maybe more)  So again, I thank you for 1) helping me make my point about SCREAMING... and 2) you've assisted me in drawing attention to the content of post and therefore, my objections to their annoying commercial... 

So, once again I'll state my objections and annoyance regarding the irritating, annoying  AT&T, Samsung Infuse cell phone commercial!!!!!!  Please stop showing it now!!!!

Quote:  "I find that commercial HILARIOUS...I don't even know which phone or service it's for but I laugh every time."

BTW - If you had paid attention while reading my earlier post, you would know what phone AND service the advertisement is for.  (I'll clarify for you...)   "Attention ATT.COM !!! (That's the service - AT&T) ~ Your Iritating Samsung Infuse phone (That's the phone) commercial"

Good day, everyone

20 of 22 (336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2011 7:29:37 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by ShaunMN on Aug 27, 2011 at 8:26:07 AM

this is crazy!! You're honestly going to get on an open forum and complain that a commercial's scream scared you??{Please keep it courteous}

this is crazy!! You're honestly going to get on an open forum and complain that a commercial's scream scared you??{Please keep it courteous}

[ Edited ]
21 of 22 (329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2011 8:27:56 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

22 of 22 (322 Views)