Att is cheating on their customers, worst mobile company ever~!

Contributor

Att is cheating on their customers, worst mobile company ever~!

Well, here is my story.

I went to an ATT store on 4/29, and ordered an iphone 4 white

before I did that, I asked one staff that I was going back to China on June, would be back on Aug. I did not wanna pay for the fee if I did not use it

TRhe staff told me I could switch to the reduced rate plan which was $10 per month if I did not use the service at all

so, I jumped to att from T-mobile with 2 months contract left.

But today, I went to the store, and asked for switching to the reduced rate plan, some one else told me I could not because I had not used att for at least 6 months~!

NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS AT ALL, EVEN THOUGH WHEN I WAS SIGNING THE CONTRACT. WOW!~

then I asked if any better solution they could offer, then I waited for 20 mins, and they came back and said they could not give me the reduced rate plan. They could only charged me half of the fee

I was absolutely unhappy because I should not pay for this if I knew this before I signed the contract.

Then I refused it, and called ATT for better solution

but all the answer were upset.

So I asked the manager again, and said I would like to accept your offer.

But he said he would never give me any offer since I was rude unhappy.

WHAT THE HECK?? If you were me, how could you be happy sice you were losing money

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE

and, I WILL NOT SIGN UP ANY CONTRACT WITH ATT IN MY LIFE

ATT is cheating my money by their policy~!

Message 1 of 11 (676 Views)
Expert

Re: Att is cheating on their customers, worst mobile company ever~!

can someone translate for me - not sure what the person is talking about execpt that they did not want to pay for the cellular service when they did not use it. The is not pay as you go, it is prepaid, use it or not you still owe the agreed upon price - at ATT and every other contract provider around.

Sorry you supply no validated proof that ATT is "cheating on their customers, nor does the post make sense
Message 2 of 11 (676 Views)
Master

Maybe they wanted to suspend the line while they were out of the country?
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 11 (673 Views)
Mentor

Yeah sounds like they wanted to suspend service while they were out of the country.  Bigger question is, they did this in April when they had 2 months left on their old contract.  Why not just wait until you come back from overseas to sign a new contract.

Message 4 of 11 (637 Views)
Master

wingrider01 wrote:
can someone translate for me - not sure what the person is talking about execpt that they did not want to pay for the cellular service when they did not use it. The is not pay as you go, it is prepaid, use it or not you still owe the agreed upon price - at ATT and every other contract provider around.

Sorry you supply no validated proof that ATT is "cheating on their customers, nor does the post make sense

The OP is primarily upset because in order to make the sale it sounds like the store sales personnel offered the in-service suspension as an option for the person's upcoming extended trip out of the country, yet they "conveniently" left out the minor detail that you have to be a customer for at least six months before they will allow you to do one.  (I thought there were requirements even beyond that, but that's really beside the point.)

With compensation/performance metrics as a sales incentive, offering something as a solution that you know will not work for the customer's situation (or just w/o being fully informed re: the specifics of it yourself) would probably be construed as "cheating your customer" by most reasonable people.  Smiley Wink

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 5 of 11 (580 Views)
Expert

hme83 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

The OP is primarily upset because in order to make the sale it sounds like the store sales personnel offered the in-service suspension as an option for the person's upcoming extended trip out of the country, yet they "conveniently" left out the minor detail that you have to be a customer for at least six months before they will allow you to do one.  (I thought there were requirements even beyond that, but that's really beside the point.)

With compensation/performance metrics as a sales incentive, offering something as a solution that you know will not work for the customer's situation (or just w/o being fully informed re: the specifics of it yourself) would probably be construed as "cheating your customer" by most reasonable people.  Smiley Wink

given the way it was written, you maybe right or wrong - no way of knowing.

Guesswe have different meanings of  "cheating"

Message 6 of 11 (564 Views)
Scholar

Wow that stinks. They left out a detail. "Misinformed" would be the word to choose about this situation. Sorry to hear :/

Message 7 of 11 (560 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

wingrider01 wrote:

hme83 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Probably. Smiley Happy

But purchasing wireless service is not like going down to the grocery store and buying an apple out of the bin - it's not "what you see is what you get".  You are purchasing a long term contract for something that is intangible.  The T&C's/terms of service don't cover all the possibilities/options offered by at&t (IIRC, the ability/specifics of an in-service suspension is not discussed; if it is, please correct me and post the specific "official" T&C discussion).  Therefore customers have to rely on information provided by sales personnel/customer service to a large degree in evaluating their options.  Whether by design or not, the fact that the salesperson and at&t both benefited from making a sale that day by providing incomplete information re: a "solution" that was actually offered up (to make the sale) by the sales person will likely leave someone who has suffered from the situation feeling "cheated".

It is too bad the OP didn't think to try to switch to an "in service suspension" prior to his 30 day return period expiration - but expecting someone to do that when they are months away from needing to do so just to see if it will work as has been communicated is a bit of a stretch, imo.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 8 of 11 (516 Views)
Mentor

hme83 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

hme83 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Probably. Smiley Happy

But purchasing wireless service is not like going down to the grocery store and buying an apple out of the bin - it's not "what you see is what you get".  You are purchasing a long term contract for something that is intangible.  The T&C's/terms of service don't cover all the possibilities/options offered by at&t (IIRC, the ability/specifics of an in-service suspension is not discussed; if it is, please correct me and post the specific "official" T&C discussion).  Therefore customers have to rely on information provided by sales personnel/customer service to a large degree in evaluating their options.  Whether by design or not, the fact that the salesperson and at&t both benefited from making a sale that day by providing incomplete information re: a "solution" that was actually offered up (to make the sale) by the sales person will likely leave someone who has suffered from the situation feeling "cheated".

It is too bad the OP didn't think to try to switch to an "in service suspension" prior to his 30 day return period expiration - but expecting someone to do that when they are months away from needing to do so just to see if it will work as has been communicated is a bit of a stretch, imo.

I totaly agree with you.  I had a similar situation at a local AT&T store.  The sales person lied to me about Smart Limit's features.  I purchased an additional line based on the conversation I had with the sales person.  After setting up Smart Limits I found out that the features the sales person told were available to me were not.  Luckly for me I was within my 30 days.  I cancelled the additional line.  So was I cheated yes.  I was out of money and time that could have been avoided if the sales person was honest about crappy services they sell.  When I returned the phone to the store he couldn't even look at me. 

Message 9 of 11 (470 Views)

What baffles me is, IF they knew they were going to be gone all summer, why not wait til after they got back before ordering the phone.

It is locked to AT&T, so it couldn't be used with a Chinese sim.

Message 10 of 11 (463 Views)
Scholar

"What baffles me is, IF they knew they were going to be gone all summer, why not wait til after they got back before ordering the phone."

Maybe because he was under the impression he could just be put on a reduced rate suspension. Honestly, why would you want to get service and then immediately have it shut off? That doesn't not make any sense. And you're right he should've waited. Lots of people are impatient and just want want want. Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 11 (349 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.