Atrix slow speeds

Contributor

Atrix slow speeds

[ Edited ]

Tracker1,

I am experience a slow down to with my wireless Atrix 4G.  

My original HSPA+ results at release period were (in Mbps): 

d=3.15 u=1.24 p=210

Now I am getting average of:

d=0.75 u=0.575 p=100

[subject edited as new topic was created] -moderator

Message 1 of 3 (854 Views)

Re: Atrix slow speeds

Have you checked with AT&T either through corporate customer service or with a local AT&T store. It could be what AT&T calls a degraded tower. An indication of a tower problem is if your phone switches between H+ and E which will also drop calls if you are on the phone when this occurs.

Do other phones have the same slowdown? There are still a large number of complaints and concerns that the iphoney is given access to greater speeds than real smartphones so that might not be a good comparison.

Just in case did you accidentally force 2G? Settings > Wireless & Network Settings > Mobile Network Settings > Select Network. Select network should be greyed out. Might also want to check which APN is selected.

When you set up your atrix did you use a new SIM card or use your prior one? I was given the option to use my older 3G SIM with the explanation that the AT&T party line was to require using a 4G SIM but that the reality was that the 3G would continue to work for an unknown period of time but eventually would require a 4G SIM. If using a 3G then it would be a good time to switch to a 4G.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 3 (814 Views)
Employee

Re: Atrix slow speeds

this 4G SIM cards (9th and 10th digits will read 25) are for the LTE 4G devices, not required for HSPA+ devices
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (797 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.