Atrix slow speeds

Contributor

Atrix slow speeds

Tracker1,

I am experience a slow down to with my wireless Atrix 4G.  

My original HSPA+ results at release period were (in Mbps): 

d=3.15 u=1.24 p=210

Now I am getting average of:

d=0.75 u=0.575 p=100

[subject edited as new topic was created] -moderator

Message 1 of 3

Re: Atrix slow speeds

Have you checked with AT&T either through corporate customer service or with a local AT&T store. It could be what AT&T calls a degraded tower. An indication of a tower problem is if your phone switches between H+ and E which will also drop calls if you are on the phone when this occurs.

Do other phones have the same slowdown? There are still a large number of complaints and concerns that the iphoney is given access to greater speeds than real smartphones so that might not be a good comparison.

Just in case did you accidentally force 2G? Settings > Wireless & Network Settings > Mobile Network Settings > Select Network. Select network should be greyed out. Might also want to check which APN is selected.

When you set up your atrix did you use a new SIM card or use your prior one? I was given the option to use my older 3G SIM with the explanation that the AT&T party line was to require using a 4G SIM but that the reality was that the 3G would continue to work for an unknown period of time but eventually would require a 4G SIM. If using a 3G then it would be a good time to switch to a 4G.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Atrix slow speeds

this 4G SIM cards (9th and 10th digits will read 25) are for the LTE 4G devices, not required for HSPA+ devices
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support