Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 15, 2011
12:38:09 PM
View profile
Atrix and add a line.

I just added a line to my family plan. I now have 5 lines. I want to take the new atrix I got with the add a line and put it on another number, not the new one that it is coming with. Can I just take the SIM card out of the atrix and put the SIM card from the number I want to use in it? I used to do that with my old Iphone 3gs, not sure if I can with this one.

Thanks...

I just added a line to my family plan. I now have 5 lines. I want to take the new atrix I got with the add a line and put it on another number, not the new one that it is coming with. Can I just take the SIM card out of the atrix and put the SIM card from the number I want to use in it? I used to do that with my old Iphone 3gs, not sure if I can with this one.

Thanks...

Atrix and add a line.

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 3:15:32 PM
(0)
Guru

falcon26 wrote:

Thanks...

It should work as long as the SIM card is at least 3G but I also have read  of couple of instances in the last few days where this didn't work.  When I received my atrix I was told that the party line was that a new 4G SIM was required but was immediately given the disclaimer that this was something that will happen in the future so my existing 3G SIM would work for at least a while but do not know if that while has now expired.  There is a logo on the SIM card which will tell you if 3G or 4G.

If you want to play it safe it might be better to call AT&T to make sure.  There could potentially be an issue with motoblur as it may save some data to the SIM and hopefully simply signing into the original account would work.  Not sure if the motoblur information from the SIM currently in the atrix would  create any confusion in the new phone.  It shouldn't but there are a lot of strange compatibility issues with android and the real world.

falcon26 wrote:

Thanks...

It should work as long as the SIM card is at least 3G but I also have read  of couple of instances in the last few days where this didn't work.  When I received my atrix I was told that the party line was that a new 4G SIM was required but was immediately given the disclaimer that this was something that will happen in the future so my existing 3G SIM would work for at least a while but do not know if that while has now expired.  There is a logo on the SIM card which will tell you if 3G or 4G.

If you want to play it safe it might be better to call AT&T to make sure.  There could potentially be an issue with motoblur as it may save some data to the SIM and hopefully simply signing into the original account would work.  Not sure if the motoblur information from the SIM currently in the atrix would  create any confusion in the new phone.  It shouldn't but there are a lot of strange compatibility issues with android and the real world.

Re: Atrix and add a line.

2 of 3 (333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2011 8:45:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

tilteduser wrote:

falcon26 wrote:

Thanks...

Your 3g sim card will work in the atrix, I actually took the micro sim out of my iphone 4 and inserted it in an adaptor and have been using it in the Atrix for months with no problems, not aware of the release of a 4g sim anytime soon.

tilteduser wrote:

falcon26 wrote:

Thanks...

Your 3g sim card will work in the atrix, I actually took the micro sim out of my iphone 4 and inserted it in an adaptor and have been using it in the Atrix for months with no problems, not aware of the release of a 4g sim anytime soon.

Re: Atrix and add a line.

3 of 3 (257 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments