Atrix Restart?

Teacher

Atrix Restart?

Anyone had an issue with random restarting of the Atrix?  Mine just did it for the first time, and it was a little warmer than usual when it did it.

Message 1 of 13 (2,782 Views)
Teacher

Re: Atrix Restart?

Did it again this morning while unlocking it.  Anyone else having this problem?

Message 2 of 13 (2,710 Views)
Scholar

Nope. You should take it back for a replacement. Doublecheck if the battery is loose...
Message 3 of 13 (2,694 Views)
Contributor

my device is doing that same thing too....it restarted yesterday and today all of a sudden. I dont know if it is an app that is causing it but i rebooted my phone. It is also making a ringing noise too when i turn it off or on.

Message 4 of 13 (2,507 Views)
Master

Is this a full restart or is the MotoBlur UI reloading? I don't know if it was an application or not, but I have seen where the phone needs the resources that it will end the UI to run current application. Then when you exit that app, the UI has to restart.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 13 (2,493 Views)
Contributor

My Atrix has also rebooted itself a few times.  Not sure what the cause is.  I did load LauncherPro to make the phone easier to use. 

Message 6 of 13 (2,256 Views)
Contributor

I also have this problem and is severe at times where it will reboot many times in a row. Talked with service and was told that I have had a moisture problem (moisture indicator detector on back of phone), I was told it can happen just by having your phone in the bathroom while showering. I was told my warranty was void because of this and there was nothing they can do for me. I'm an 10 year loyal customer who has spent alot of money in this company (4 phones on account) and they feel it's ok to lose a customer like me instead of just replacing the phone, what a shame.
Message 7 of 13 (1,596 Views)
Tutor

Since the GB update my phone reboots after I unplug the USB when connected to my computer as well as randomly for no apparent reason at all. I saw somewhere that some issues caused by the update can be eliminated by doing a factory reset but I don't have the energy to reinstall all my apps.

Message 8 of 13 (1,555 Views)

Stevenson,

This happened to me once tonight. Last night and tonight, as well, the LED light went off for no apparent reason. Have you tried a soft reset of the phone? While the phone is on, remove the battery, wait about a minute, then put it back in and turn on phone.
Message 9 of 13 (1,521 Views)
Contributor

This has happened three times to me so far. The first two where while i was using Winamp and the third was while using Pandora. It appears that the phone is completely dead, but i think it's still on, despite pressing the power button numerous times. After the latest power issue, I held the power button down until I got a response, and about 7 seconds later the At&t non-motion screen displayed and immediately went to the homescreen a couple of seconds later. 

As far as I know, there is no hibernation feature for the Atrix, so it seems like the UI is locked up and it's doing a soft reset. I haven't tried to let the phone sit and restart on it's own and I don't know if it will, but I'll see what happens when it happens again.

Message 10 of 13 (1,506 Views)
Contributor

I also have that problem. It all started after the Gingerbread update. My phone is not rooted or anything like that. It has the original Motorola update!!! I amgetting kind of annoyed at this problem, because the Atrix worked beautifully with the 2.2 OS and the 2.3.4 was suppossed to make it better. But I can't find the 1080p recording option AND it keeps restartig... hopefully they ( AT&T and Motorola) can fix this EXTREMELY Annoying issue.

Message 11 of 13 (1,147 Views)
Contributor

Yeah, I am having the problem as well.

The phone isn't rebooting in the typical sense of seeing the motorola logo again, but it acts as if you pressed the power button on the back and then blinks out. The most fristrating thing is that the problem is intermittant. Every once in a while I will go to swipe the updates at the very top of the screen(or touch the screen AFTER unlocking it), and then -blink- the screen goes dark. I have tried doing a full reboot, but that does not always have an effect. I am stunned, I just got the phone last week and am still getting used to it, but this is really frustrating.

Message 12 of 13 (1,130 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

I also have this problem.  Got my Atrix last Thursday and it came with Gingerbread.  I've done factory restores twice, and wiped cache but it still occurs.

Brian

Message 13 of 13 (1,065 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.