Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 27, 2011
6:37:45 PM
View profile
Atrix Music Problems with Gingerbread Update
I recently installed the gingerbread update (Android 2.3.4) on my Atrix (MB860) phone. Most of the changes are improvements, but I am having a heck of a time with Music. When it has a problem I can repeat it like clockwork. At approximately 2:55 minutes the music will stop. It is like a power timeout, but I have power set to Max Performance. It gets squirley at this point. If I keep trying while on battery by changing songs, eventually it will play without stopping. I have reinstalled the GB update to see if it was a bad install but that didn't change anything. I changed the power save setting with no affect. I have tested the media files and that is not the problem. It seems that over time on battery the problem goes away, or if I start with power which doesn't show the problem, then go to battery, there is no problem... This is actually a big problem for me because most of the time I am out working and I plug in my earbuds and start listening to music. I actually use my Atrix more for music and data than voice.... Any fix I have missed? Anyone else have this problem?
I recently installed the gingerbread update (Android 2.3.4) on my Atrix (MB860) phone. Most of the changes are improvements, but I am having a heck of a time with Music. When it has a problem I can repeat it like clockwork. At approximately 2:55 minutes the music will stop. It is like a power timeout, but I have power set to Max Performance. It gets squirley at this point. If I keep trying while on battery by changing songs, eventually it will play without stopping. I have reinstalled the GB update to see if it was a bad install but that didn't change anything. I changed the power save setting with no affect. I have tested the media files and that is not the problem. It seems that over time on battery the problem goes away, or if I start with power which doesn't show the problem, then go to battery, there is no problem... This is actually a big problem for me because most of the time I am out working and I plug in my earbuds and start listening to music. I actually use my Atrix more for music and data than voice.... Any fix I have missed? Anyone else have this problem?

Atrix Music Problems with Gingerbread Update

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2011 1:10:30 PM
(0)
Scholar

I also have that problem, different songs, at different points. If I am using my bluetooth headset then drops out; I power that off, power it back, reconnect it, and the music is able to be restarted.  But if I use a wired headset, then nothing short of power cycling the phone will re-enable the music player.  Also, it happens whether using the built-in music player, Amazon player, or PowerAmp player.

I also have that problem, different songs, at different points. If I am using my bluetooth headset then drops out; I power that off, power it back, reconnect it, and the music is able to be restarted.  But if I use a wired headset, then nothing short of power cycling the phone will re-enable the music player.  Also, it happens whether using the built-in music player, Amazon player, or PowerAmp player.

Re: Atrix Music Problems with Gingerbread Update

2 of 5 (631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2011 10:10:07 AM
(0)
Tutor
Check task manager maybe your music player in auto end list, or download powerAMP music player from the market it's the best out there
Check task manager maybe your music player in auto end list, or download powerAMP music player from the market it's the best out there

3 of 5 (615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2011 10:44:46 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have the exact same problem! Does it on Pandora too. Sometimes my Bluetooth head phones will cut out, disconnect, the music will play on the phone, and then re-connect and play over the headphones. That doesn't sound too bad but that last 5 to 10 min to get the music back. Before the GB update I never had that problem. Where is the fix ATT?

I have the exact same problem! Does it on Pandora too. Sometimes my Bluetooth head phones will cut out, disconnect, the music will play on the phone, and then re-connect and play over the headphones. That doesn't sound too bad but that last 5 to 10 min to get the music back. Before the GB update I never had that problem. Where is the fix ATT?

4 of 5 (564 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2011 11:07:38 AM
(0)
Scholar
Spoiler

bergsim wrote:
...or download powerAMP music player from the market it's the best out there

Guess you missed the part that this happens with PowerAmp also.

Spoiler

bergsim wrote:
...or download powerAMP music player from the market it's the best out there

Guess you missed the part that this happens with PowerAmp also.

5 of 5 (561 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments