Atrix 4G: AT&T Software Update for HSUPA in April (Not the Motorola One)

Mentor

Atrix 4G: AT&T Software Update for HSUPA in April (Not the Motorola One)

Hello guys,

I was told aboout 10 days ago by the AT&T facebook page representatives that there will be an update to fix the upload issues of the Atrix 4g and the Inspire 4G by enabling HSUPA. I was wondering if there was a word about when it will be deployed during this month because my 30 day return window will be closing soon.

Thank you

Message 1 of 22 (2,998 Views)
Professor

Re: Atrix 4G: AT&T Software Update for HSUPA in April (Not the Motorola One)

The clock is ticking. 11th of April and no update.

Message 2 of 22 (2,773 Views)
Teacher

Ah, this update will make the Atrix 4G equivalent to a 3G phone. How embarassing. What we want to know is when will 4G actually appear even if its just hspa+ plus backhaul. AT&T is advertising this as available now yet i have yet to see it in Chicago or hear of anyone else in the other markets who have seen anything close to even "baby" 4g speeds.
Message 3 of 22 (2,750 Views)
Mentor

The mods removed the wird "PROCLAIMED" from the title of this post....What does that tell you? It isn't that procalimed anymore. Hey mods, please share any onfo if you got them. Thanks

Message 4 of 22 (2,661 Views)
Mentor

Hello AT&T, where are you? Can you give us answers?

Message 5 of 22 (2,547 Views)
Scholar

It's coming, just be patient. There's at least one report of a dev phone receiving some updates and getting HSPA+ network connections AND an update from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2.

Message 6 of 22 (2,243 Views)
Teacher

Be patient? This a 4G world man! We want our speed, now, now, now! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 22 (2,189 Views)
Professor

Well, we're in the last week of April.  Hopefully this week we will get the update but really cant hold my breath.

Message 8 of 22 (2,118 Views)
Scholar

Didn't part of you *always* believe you'd see the Easter Bunny before you'd see an AT&T software update? Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 22 (2,030 Views)
Teacher

Actually, I've had no expectations up or down.  This sort of thing has never concerned me before.  I only jus got my Inspire on 3/25 and it is the first "superphone" I've ever owned.  It was not too long ago I was just using a Nokia 8000 series clam shell.  If it were not for all the snipes, jeers and complaints in this forum and on Android Central, I would probably would be a lot more patient about the update.

But now all the ruckus has got my blood up.  I've got the anti-AT&T mob mentality (waves pitchfork and torch). Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 22 (2,026 Views)
Professor

puffgussy wrote:

Actually, I've had no expectations up or down.  This sort of thing has never concerned me before.  I only jus got my Inspire on 3/25 and it is the first "superphone" I've ever owned.  It was not too long ago I was just using a Nokia 8000 series clam shell.  If it were not for all the snipes, jeers and complaints in this forum and on Android Central, I would probably would be a lot more patient about the update.

But now all the ruckus has got my blood up.  I've got the anti-AT&T mob mentality (waves pitchfork and torch). Smiley Tongue

The bottom line is, you should have got it when you bought your phone. The truth is, you never will. Onward to LTE!!!

Message 11 of 22 (2,079 Views)
Teacher

sitnsidewayz wrote:
The bottom line is, you should have got it when you bought your phone. The truth is, you never will. Onward to LTE!!!

You are right and Bahahaha!  Fortunately, I am eligible for an upgrade every 12 months.  The Inspire is certainly not SO horrible that I can't deal with it until then (especially when the issue is not the device per se but how AT&T allows the device to be used).

Message 12 of 22 (2,074 Views)
Scholar

According to: http://androidforums.com/motorola-atrix-4g/326001-t-atrix-ota-v4-1-83-update-roll-out.html, beta testers have started receiving the newest update.

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/US-EN/Mobile%20Phones/ATRIX_4G/US-EN/Documents/StaticFil...

This update also appears to patch Android up v2.2.2 (from 2.2.1), which only fixes an SMS bug.

Data Speed - Increased speed at which data can travel on the network.

Data Connection - Improvements to prevent interruptions to data connection.

Screen - Improvements to prevent screen from freezing.

Email - Improved ability for users to receive email notifications so you know when you have a new message. Also, improvements were made so that you are now able to use the same email login to access both MOTOBLUR™ and YouTube.

Skype - Improvements to call audio function so it is easier for the person you called to hear you. Please note this application is not pre-loaded on the phone, but is available for download from the Android Market.

Wi-Fi - Increased functionality by enabling Yahoo Email to be sent over a Wi-Fi connection.

Display - Improved International Roaming Warning Message by simplifying user notification so that it only appears on the screen when you move to a new network.

Happenings Widget - Improved Happenings Widget to ensure that you receive the latest updates across the social networks you are connected to such as Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.

Calling - Improvements were made to incoming and outgoing call functionality to ensure a more seamless experience.

Message 13 of 22 (1,962 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

BGR says that ATT is starting to push the update http://goo.gl/fb/Lx8dE
Message 14 of 22 (1,863 Views)
Teacher

Got my HSUPA update for my HTC Inspire tonight.  @ -101 dBm (three bars) the upload speed on the Speedtest.net test I just ran is 1157 kbps.

I do NOT have enhanced backhaul in my area yet.

Message 15 of 22 (1,831 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.