Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 6, 2012
8:23:08 AM
View profile
Atrix 2 can't read Micro SD card

We just received two Atrix 2's and neither will read any Micro SD card, can't mount, can't format, can't view? Is this a well known problem?  I've searched and haven't found anything specific for this phone.

Thanks

Tim

We just received two Atrix 2's and neither will read any Micro SD card, can't mount, can't format, can't view? Is this a well known problem?  I've searched and haven't found anything specific for this phone.

Thanks

Tim

Atrix 2 can't read Micro SD card

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2012 10:08:01 AM
(0)
Guru

timbuk2okc wrote:

Thanks

Tim

Have you verified that the card is working?  SD cards can fail.  Suggest trying in a PC.

Have you tried reformatting the card in a computer?  Also note that hemorrhoid is designed to only allow FAT32, exFAT and for devices supporting 64 and 128GB SDXC.  There are some applicatiosn out there to allow access to cards formatted NFTS.

Have you dismounted the card before removing from the phone and ejected before removing from a computer.  Not doing so can sometimes cause problems.

timbuk2okc wrote:

Thanks

Tim

Have you verified that the card is working?  SD cards can fail.  Suggest trying in a PC.

Have you tried reformatting the card in a computer?  Also note that hemorrhoid is designed to only allow FAT32, exFAT and for devices supporting 64 and 128GB SDXC.  There are some applicatiosn out there to allow access to cards formatted NFTS.

Have you dismounted the card before removing from the phone and ejected before removing from a computer.  Not doing so can sometimes cause problems.

Re: Atrix 2 can't read Micro SD card

2 of 3 (1,990 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2012 8:30:55 AM
(0)
Scholar

For some strange reason, they eventually recognized the driver after fooling around for a while. I read to never format a card in the computer, but in the phone only, which we couldn't do.  There were some other issues that were strange with the phone, like couldn't connect to our Social Networking because it didn't show up in the accounts, but when we tried to add it, said it was alreay there.  Did a Data Reset and seemed to have fixed everything.  Love the phone so fasr.  Sure beats the Captivate.

For some strange reason, they eventually recognized the driver after fooling around for a while. I read to never format a card in the computer, but in the phone only, which we couldn't do.  There were some other issues that were strange with the phone, like couldn't connect to our Social Networking because it didn't show up in the accounts, but when we tried to add it, said it was alreay there.  Did a Data Reset and seemed to have fixed everything.  Love the phone so fasr.  Sure beats the Captivate.

Re: Atrix 2 can't read Micro SD card

3 of 3 (1,977 Views)