Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 26, 2011
11:25:28 AM
View profile
As Promised: "Purchase any unlimited messaging plan . . . call any U.S. mobile phone for free."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elguO9usN4Q

This is the commercial that advertises the new deal. I want it for my gophone. Its an at&t commercial, I have an at&t phone. Where do I sign up????

This is the commercial that advertises the new deal. I want it for my gophone. Its an at&t commercial, I have an at&t phone. Where do I sign up????

As Promised: "Purchase any unlimited messaging plan . . . call any U.S. mobile phone for free."

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2011 11:58:37 AM
(0)
Scholar

haufsnaggle wrote:

LOL!  It is semantically correct, but it is not a new plan/offering.

As prepaid, you only have two "unlimited" options:

1. $50-month unlimited talk/text/data (unlimited data only applies to "feature" phones -- not for smartphones!)
  2. $2-day unlimited talk/text (no data either way:  feature or smart phones)

So, their advertisement is accurate, you do get free calling anytime you signup for unlimited texting, but is "tricky dicky" advertisement as these two plans are not new.

haufsnaggle wrote:

1. $50-month unlimited talk/text/data (unlimited data only applies to "feature" phones -- not for smartphones!)

So, their advertisement is accurate, you do get free calling anytime you signup for unlimited texting, but is "tricky dicky" advertisement as these two plans are not new.

Re: As Promised: "Purchase any unlimited messaging plan . . . call any U.S. mobile phone for fr

2 of 6 (1,437 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2011 10:16:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

OnlytheShadowKnows wrote:

haufsnaggle wrote:

OnlytheShadowKnows is correct about the prepaid options that you have to choose from if you still want unlimited calling. But unfortunately, this deal is not available with GoPhone customers. It is for post paid customers only.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

OnlytheShadowKnows wrote:

haufsnaggle wrote:

OnlytheShadowKnows is correct about the prepaid options that you have to choose from if you still want unlimited calling. But unfortunately, this deal is not available with GoPhone customers. It is for post paid customers only.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: As Promised: "Purchase any unlimited messaging plan . . . call any U.S. mobile phone for fr

3 of 6 (1,404 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2011 5:18:38 AM
(0)
Teacher

They have a $19.99/mo unlimited text plan for Gophones.

They have a $19.99/mo unlimited text plan for Gophones.

4 of 6 (1,397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2011 6:13:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
That's right. I am subscribed to the $19.99 unlimited messaging plan. But as far as I know, this is for post paid customers only. It sure would be cool to have this option on prepaid, but I'm pretty sure that it's not available.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

That's right. I am subscribed to the $19.99 unlimited messaging plan. But as far as I know, this is for post paid customers only. It sure would be cool to have this option on prepaid, but I'm pretty sure that it's not available.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (1,394 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2011 10:31:34 AM
(0)
Teacher

I am on prepaid and I have the option of $19.99/mo unlimited texts, I have the $9.99/mo 1000 texts.

I am on prepaid and I have the option of $19.99/mo unlimited texts, I have the $9.99/mo 1000 texts.

6 of 6 (1,376 Views)