Helpful Links

Aria, Stopping Music

Aria, Stopping Music

What's the 'graceful' way to exit the Music app? I see no Quit, Stop or Exit. I don't care to just Pause and leave the app running.

Running Froyo 2.2, ATT update.

Thanks

Ken

Message 1 of 4
Professor

Re: Aria, Stopping Music

That's how its designed to work.  The app is not really running, just taking up space in memory.  And the way Android works, it actually does not benefit you to have memory free, just for the sake of having it free.  Android will kill the process if/when the memory is needed by another process.

So I wouldn't worry about exiting the music player.

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I installed an app killer on my phone... So anything like Pandora or the internet n whatnot, I jus open up the app killer when im done and "kill" everything lol. Twas free Smiley Happy Seemed an easy solution for me Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Professor

focusgurl86 wrote:

I installed an app killer on my phone... So anything like Pandora or the internet n whatnot, I jus open up the app killer when im done and "kill" everything lol. Twas free Smiley Happy Seemed an easy solution for me Smiley Happy

That would do what the OP wants.  But there is really no benefit to killing these tasks, as I've already indicated.  As you have likely noticed, most Android apps have no way to "exit" or "quit".  This often confuses new Android users.  The reason for this, is that the apps don't need to be killed.  If the OS needs the memory, it will kill the task itself.  If it doesn't need the memory, the app will still be there, and it will start up faster the next time you open it.

Also, task killers should be used with care.  Killing the wrong tasks can cause strange phone behaviour.  Also, killing some task before they are finished doing whatever they are doing, will only cause them to respawn (as Linux/Android is designed to do so). 

Bottom line is, that task killers are actually useless.

http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-be-using-a-task-killer-with-android/

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support