Are there any smart phones that have lanyard holes?

Tutor

Are there any smart phones that have lanyard holes?

I am in the market for my first smart phone.  I will have to find a smart phone with a lanyard hole.  The ones in the store do not have them, except for the Veer.  There are lots of phones on line and you can't tell if the hole is there.  For my own personal safety reasons I have to have the phone around my neck in case I fall.  Thanks for your help. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,079 Views)
Professor

Re: Are there any smart phones that have lanyard holes?


pj2009 wrote:

I am in the market for my first smart phone.  I will have to find a smart phone with a lanyard hole.  The ones in the store do not have them, except for the Veer.  There are lots of phones on line and you can't tell if the hole is there.  For my own personal safety reasons I have to have the phone around my neck in case I fall.  Thanks for your help. 


 

You might want to go to several local stores and physically look them over.. I know the LG Insight does but I totally do NOT recommend it as a phone...baaaaaad, verrrry bad phone.
Message 2 of 6 (1,067 Views)
Master

Re: Are there any smart phones that have lanyard holes?

[ Edited ]
The Samsung Mythic is very much like a smartphone, but it is not classified as one. I still have mine, and I'm 100% sure it has a lanyard hole. The Mythic is the fanciest "dumbphone" I have personally ever seen/used. I still miss mine in a way.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Message 3 of 6 (1,056 Views)
Professor

Re: Are there any smart phones that have lanyard holes?


Wild Banchi wrote:
The Samsung Mythic is very much like a smartphone, but it is not classified as one. I still have mine, and I'm 100% sure it has a lanyard hole. The Mythic is the fanciest "dumbphone" I have personally ever seen/used. I still miss mine in a way.


 

You sure do miss yours WB, i was with you when yours finally went piecefully.  My fav dumbphone was my first T.E.D. shown below. i think i thad a lanyard hole and strap but i didnt use it.

 

I think "IF" you can get your hands on what they used to call a "candybar" type phone, youll probably come across one with a lanyard.  But the best thing to do is stop by an att store next time  you are out shopping, or check out the booth at a mall.

Message 4 of 6 (1,050 Views)

Re: Are there any smart phones that have lanyard holes?

I'd also suggest you consider a phone case that has a lanyard hole. That way you could get the phone you wanted, and still carry it around your neck.

Message 5 of 6 (1,044 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Are there any smart phones that have lanyard holes?


BadBadLeroyBrown wrote:

I'd also suggest you consider a phone case that has a lanyard hole. That way you could get the phone you wanted, and still carry it around your neck.


 

Now, a carrying case with a strap/lanyard is an excellent idea and alternate if the poster likes a phone model that may not have one. "..they say that cat, BAAADBADLEROYBROWN" is a baaaAAAD <"shutcho-mouth">...but im just talking about BadBadLeroyBrown!..<"we can dig it!">
Message 6 of 6 (1,041 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.